Forgeworld bulletin 45 - event exclusive miniatures!

Slips

There's no Iron Warrior insignia on that model. There's a skull on his belt, but it's not an Iron Warriors symbol. It's actually based on Death Guard or Word Bearers artwork. I'm trying to ascertain if the Alpha Legionnaire has actual Alpha Legion symbolism on his chest piece, or if it's just generic artificing as seen in the Sons of Horus artwork it's based on. Something tells me both are supposed to be generic (and the Alpha Legionnaire actually reminds me more of John Blanche's art for Thunder Warriors than anything).

They are close enough to me to not be loyalist models, which is frankly all i care about seeing.  

So Word Bearer, Death Guard or Flying Spaghetti Monster, it's all no use to me.

WLK

There's no Iron Warrior insignia on that model. There's a skull on his belt, but it's not an Iron Warriors symbol. It's actually based on Death Guard or Word Bearers artwork. I'm trying to ascertain if the Alpha Legionnaire has actual Alpha Legion symbolism on his chest piece, or if it's just generic artificing as seen in the Sons of Horus artwork it's based on. Something tells me both are supposed to be generic (and the Alpha Legionnaire actually reminds me more of John Blanche's art for Thunder Warriors than anything).

They are close enough to me to not be loyalist models, which is frankly all i care about seeing.  

WLK

Why not use them as a defeated opponent being crushed underfoot by your jarl?

Great looking minis and yes, I eagerly await FW's reply to my inquiry on their UM recipe. 

What I don't get is the idea behind these events-only minis. To make them, I would imagine that FW would have to invest in the necessary molds and other tools. Why only do a limited run at all? Why not release them to the wider market at a later date (when the events-only vibe has worn off) so they can make even more $$$? 

I'm gonna use the MK III chap for my Salamanders, and the mk IV for my Night Lords. I'm not sure what isn't loyalist about either. The MK III dude could be any Legion, and the other chap would make an amazing White Scar, which I'll do if I can pick up a second

WLK

Why not use them as a defeated opponent being crushed underfoot by your jarl?

No jarl for me, atleast in the near future. 

Right now Im sticking with the RG in the HH.

I may add the Rout to my HH "things Im never going to finish" whenever they get around to having rules.

WLK

Love the Death Guard inspired one, but damn is that Sons of Horus inspired one ugly with that face mask. Glad it's (so far) just a limited release thing they can rub out instead of spending more resources on this kind of style.

so im gonna end up paying a fortune on ebay for that XX(should have been freakin SOH) mini and scrapping his head to use the body as a champion or some such. Maybe ill mount that crazy looking head on a pike? might work :P

I think the one identified as Death Guard earlier is actually based off of Word Bearers artwork.

However, they're generic enough to fit in as anything. The AL painted one will make a great Champion or Moritat for those who haven't modeled one.

Being fair to the AL model, it's kinda taken in crap lighting at a terrible angle. I wouldn't judge it on the merits of that. 

When oh when will GW learn that taking photos is more than pressing "auto" settings and pushing the capture button. They're still on the desk for crying out loud.

Archived