+++ Dark Angels Feast of Blades. X Arena of Death +++

Chaplain Lucifer

gallery_404_1264_22872.jpg

VS

gallery_404_1264_5855.jpg

Guriel and Vengen, both survived 2 excruciating rounds in the arena would face now. The crowd was mostly anxious to see because their skill was levelled and even their choice of wargear was no so far apart.

Both contestants saluted the crowd and the opponent, preparing for the bout to begin.

Vengen acted first, speeding up to a run, levelling his Foe-Smiter storm bolter, squezzing the trigger and leeting lose a hail of bolts, all missing their mark.

Guriel ever patient, stood there, aiming his also Foe-smiter storm bolter and fired, hitting his target but the artificier armour of Vengen was not breached.

Still, Vengen was knocked back on his tracks and Guriel took the advantage of that to press a charge.

Sword clashed against axe,the ceond time around the nimbler sword managed to slice a chunk of Guriel's chest armour and meat , force field to no avail...

But Guriel was still on the race, his axe also travelling to meet Vengen, cutting deep and leting red blood flow on bone white armour.

A brief disengage, the fighters circled around each other, studying everything that could give them an advantage...

With a clinical eye Vengen spotted a chance, leaping, sword point first, a thrust, easily parried by Guriel's axe. After the bait came the real attack. Digi lasers burning through the already wounded chest, Guriel wincing and instinctively covering the wound with one hand, letting vengen rain sword blows on him , faster than he could parry with his axe.

And so Vengen carved his victory on his Bother-in-arms flesh...

Bleeding of several cuts, Guriel saluted his brother.

"A fine win and fine swordmanship" said Guriel.

"Credit also goes to your previous opponents that made your reactions just slow enough for the match to be on my favour" replied Vengen

"Still, it was your skill that manage to seize that advantage, not many would"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chaplain Lucifer's Notes.

This one was very fast and furious. Seemed balanced in first round when each had a wound, but the second round, Vengen with I5 took 3 wounds and Guriel failed three 4++ inv saves... I was quite hoping for something more toe to toe, giving they were very balanced against each other, but the dice gods sometimes play tricks.

Did someone mention Fast and Furious?

Xenith vs Thergothon

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Sergeant%20rock_zpsmwo2icdr.jpg

Ahh, who is this that steps before me? No other than the venerable castellan of this arena, come end my advance personally? Pray tell, Warden, what is your name?

Thergothon?

Why, you sound like an Icelander with a lisp!

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Rock%202_zpsrwkkxxwd.jpg

Ready your weaponth!

gallery_404_1264_9684.jpg

VS

gallery_404_1264_48352.jpg

The Arena cheers when Xenith walks in. Most thought of him as an underdog, so he rapidly gained popularity. For the common Astartes he represented that with effort you could achieve anything, and that gave them strenght and morale.

On the other side, Thergothon, Angel of Redemption, called to fill in for a missing contestant...

The claxon sounded and the Arena was deeply in silence.

Xenith took the iniative, moving forward, ligning up a shot with his combi melta. Thergothon was still leveling his own weapon when the stinging heat hit him. Granted the melta was not in a lethal setting but it was enough to damage his armour and sear the skin beneath, causing pain and impeding movement.

With a grunt of pain Thergothon pushed just a bit forward at a slow pace and with only one hand he fired his combi-plasma, missing both shots.

Xenith came at Thergothon and was greeted by bolter fire, but no chink was to be found on Xenith's armour. He discarded his bolter and activated his Monster Slayer sword, the thrum of an ancient weapon resounding on his ears. Thergothon knew the blade refuswd to go to it's full potential gaiant a brother Angel and it was good enough.

One handed, Thergothon lashed and Xenith, blows easily parried and countered by shield. it was a gargantuan task to fight with a deactivated armour and half of the body wracked in pain...

It was no surprise to the audience in the Arena when after the crack-boooom of a Thunder Hammer, an angel lay fallen on the ground.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chaplain Lucifer notes:

Not much to tell. The highest Thergothon got on the dice was a 3 (for the Monster Slayer) and a 5 in a plasma shot. wacko.png

It wa also the first time I saw someone make more than one wound with a shooting weapon... specially firing at BS4!ohmy.png

Well fought Thergothon, I see you were right about the Monster Slayer's inclinations, it will cause no harm to a fellow Angel.

*Pats combi-melta* Attagirl.

Holy smokes.

I thought that was my last fight!

My money is on you for the grand finale. biggrin.png

Woohoo! I hope I dont let you and Marshall down, and do honour to my defeated opponents, I'm sure it will sooth their wounds to know they were defeated by the most electrifying Astartes in Sports Entertainment today!

Really digging the angelveto paintjob on master vengen. Makes him stand out. personally im hoping for Xenith v. Vengen finale

Thanks Poly. I thought it'd be interesting to apply to this challenge not only with a Successor chapter, but with the one who no longer count themselves Unforgiven 

Take your time man, with the etl going, I'm sure everyone is busy working on their painting. Maybe even treat the semi finals and finals as a special release for during the etl.

Speaking of semi finals and finals, with three matches now, doesn't that make it odd numbers for the final match?

gallery_404_1264_87257.jpg

VS

gallery_404_1264_87770.jpg

Having survived tough duels, both contestants prpared for on of the last matches. Lim, concentrating onhis Librarius lithanies, Caleb, steeling his resolve.

Lim moves first, surprisingly, despite Caleb's jump pack, with one though ignites his force axe, with another he ASSAILs his opponent, tearing a metal plate from the ground and throwing it at Caleb. The maneuvre was unexpected and Caleb had almost no time to brace, managing only to offer shoulder guard against the thrown object, his pauldron a mess after the terrific impact and caleb was on the floor, knocked out of balance.

With a thrust of jump-pack Caleb righted himself, soaring into the air and firing his storm bolter. Still shaken his accuracy was not the best but one bolt managed to tear a chunk of vambrace from Lim Cagaest, along with some meat. Caleb pressed in and met his foe, face to face.

Lim with his mace and with a stunned Caleb, managed to strike Caleb, but the artificier armour held tight againt impacts. Lim's force axe came next and was parried by a storm bolter,axe emebed on the assault weapon's casing.

With a twist, the storm bolter led away the axe from a defensive position and with unprecedented speed, the Thunder hammer struck twice on Cagaest chest,knocking him out cold, the boom-crack of the thunder still reverberating in the silent arena for a few heartbeats more....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chaplain's Lucifer's notes.

It seemed balanced and a prolonged fight. First Cagaestmanaged a wound trough assail and Caleb one trhough storm bolter, given both had good protection, it would seem a slow fight, but then the WS6 vs WS5 cam at the top managing 4 hits, wounding 3 and 2 invulnerable were failed, giving Caleb the win in a heatbeat.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So we have Xenith, Caleb and Vengen for the final. They will all face of against each other in 2 man-duels, the one with most wins will be the Champion.

Lesson learned, future arena's will only have 8,16 or 32 fighters, no more no less.

I am not overly familiar with wrestling so I will clarify that we will see 3 two-man duels, the one that defeats the other 2 opponents will win, if not , ties will be resolved by total wounds inflicted as usual.

I am not overly familiar with wrestling so I will clarify that we will see 3 two-man duels, the one that defeats the other 2 opponents will win, if not , ties will be resolved by total wounds inflicted as usual.

Neither am I, it just sounds good :)

I'm looking forward to it.

The final matches:

Part I

VS

Xenith would be facing Caleb first. The misterious Sgt Has beaten every opponent deemed his better, so far? Could he pull another win to his already impressive streak?

Caleb took the lead as soon as the signal went, he calmly ran, aiming his storm bolter, but Xenith's Storm Shield once again did not fail him.

Xenith replied with a melta shot, but it went wide of Caleb. With a clash of armour the two transhumans faced each other, swinging mighty hammers and parrying blows. It seemed equal at start, but Xenith was well protected and Caleb's artificier armour was not proof against such powerfull blows, should they came. And they came..

Once such blow from Xenith's Thunder Hammer forced Caleb to his knees, staggering. But the Dark Angel was not so easily beaten and with a show of strenght he managed a sweep swing, Xenith landed on his back, and Caleb just rested his hammers's head on Xenith's chest as a sign of victory...

Part II

VS

Xenith was well rested after his last match. His pride a little sore from the defeat but his resolve was adamantine.

Running to his foe, Xenith shot his combi melta. The target, Vengen, protected by an Iron Halo force field that shimmered with the impact.

Vengen, made his presence known with his relic storm bolter, a hail of bolts all found their mark in Xenith's silhouette, but that silhouette had a storm shield for protection and no bolt found it's actual mark.

Without pause, Vengen clamped his storm bolter to his tie, and unsheathed his power sword. He shoulder charged Xenith that met his his charge behind a shield.

Like an old Romanii Gladiatori, Vengen sought not to trade blows against shield but used his shoulder charge to get into reach of his opponent, with a skilled strike he reached under the shield, lifted for protection, and with one swift blow he cut out Xenith's tendons, behind the knee, that leg useless...

Xenith bent form was greeted with a blade pointed at the throat.

"I yield" Xenith said, bitter taste of defeat on his mouth...

Part III

VS

Vengen and Caleb, victors both, Angels both.

This would be the final battle. By random order the three battles were set, two had seen a different victor but the same defeated warrior.

Caleb, used his trademark jump pack entry, and soared into the air, closing the distance. Firing his storm bolter as he did so, his aim was not true enough to meet Vengen below. Vengen on the other hand had a steadier stance to shoot from and a relic Foe Smiter storm bolter, and his fusillade met his target, putting a bolt into Caleb's greave, tearing a chunk out of the armour and showing crimson of flesh beneath.

Caleb came into the ground, his pace slowed for a moment due to his recent still clotting wound.

Vengen with sword at ready came at him, sword point first.

Furious was Vengen's attack, but Caleb parried with the haft of his hammer. Vengen used to parry to spin and punch Caleb in the head. Even with helmet on, a punch from an Astartes is still might and Caleb's head jarred under the impact.

Caleb, regained his wits fast, launching an attack with his hammer, sword meeting his blow.

Vengen had a slight edge because of his more agile and fluid style of fighting. Still he had to keep on the look out because a single blow from a Thunder Hammer could mean a defeat.

Vengen came at Caleb again, sword point first, but this time Caleb did not went for the easy parry. He rotated enough for the blade meet his armour but rebound of it, not penetrating. This time his hammer would be ready to meet his opponent... and so with the haft he retributed the earlier blow to the head he had suffered, Vengen's head being knocked back out the blow that cracked his helmet.

Vengen wrenched his helmet out and spat blood.

Again he went for point first strike and again Caleb did the same manouvre, expecting the same result. But this time Vengen rolled his body and ducked his head, sword exchanged hands and bit Caleb's thigh.

Full wounds done, Vengen was the winner.

"Almost had you there, Brother" Said Caleb in good humor, despite of injuries and defeat.

"Yes, you did. Had I not resort to a gambit, the outcome would be another. Well fough!"

The crowed cheered the victor. Vengen, Company Master would have his name forever marked as an Arena Champion, for the aeons to come.

Notes:

I hope it has been fun for you guys, it surely was for me. I am sorry about the interruptions and other minus good stuff that happened, next one will be more rigorous, for sure. I congratulate all that participated, thank you for your patience, I hope it was a worthwhile endeavor for you.

Angelvetto you may display your victory if you wish:

gallery_404_1264_337.jpg

Next Arena will have some rules chamges, perhaps format change, but is subject for another thread....

That was a great write-up Lucifer! I sure hope you do this again next year and I'll put forward a more worthy opponent this time (Khadmiel will remain in cell 42 indefinitely). :D

Archived