+++ Dark Angels Feast of Blades. X Arena of Death +++

Chaplain Lucifer

Round 1, fight 1: Guriel vs Tancred

The two one-time foes enter the arena, measuring each other. Guriel with a calm demeanor, grips his power axe tightly, Tancred, a Chaplain through and through does not  hesitate in launching himself, confident the first and last blood would be his.

Moving closer he gets within range and fires a shot with his plasma pistol intent on hurting his opponent so the fight goes down easier. Alas, the temperamental weapon overheated despite the blessings, leaving Tancred with a burned hand.

None of that matters, victory would be his, Tancred thought while he lounged himself at the opponent. Guriel however was ready and received the Chaplain charge with a shower of bullets from his relic storm bolter. One of them found it's mark and a crimson stream streaked Tancred's armour.

Summoning his resolve, Tancred charged with renewed vigour, but his attacks were deflected either btu Guriel skill or his ancient displacer field. All but onethat managed to draw blood from his opponent. He managed to wound Guriel arm with a feint move.

Ever with a calm demeanor, Guriel looked at his bloodiedarm, and gripping his power axe two handed he inflicted enough damage to take Tancred out of action. Sometimes to win, sacrfices have to be made, thought Guriel, sparing another look at his wounded arm...

"Well fought brother" Guriel said. "I expected no less from another son of Jonson".

"Lion be praised" replied Tancred, acknowledging his defeat.

A challenger approaches? Ah, Indomiel. Company Master now, eh? More like Chumpany Master, I feel. 

Is that Azrael on the phone? Send him my love. Now get off your remote vox and have at!

Sergent Xenith, are you afraid your idenity will be known to all if you remove your helmet? Its OK, you don't have to be afraid, I'll show you the door in either case! Did you lose your way wandering over from Baal? The rage that drives my success on the battlefield will be your undoing in the arena of Death! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/Characters/4ad801a5-da41-48c6-9316-aa9bb72bdf2e_zpsrswxslwn.jpg

Captain, I am glad that I have provoked your ire. I would gladly stoke the fires of your rage, as it might make this a fair fight at least.

My helm? No, I shall deign to show my glorious visage to someone unworthy, however before I severely kill mortally wound dismember disembowel hurt you, I shall at least let you know my true name.

I am Dwayne. Scion and son of Lion El Jonson of The Rock.

I question, dost thine nasal orifice comprehend the veritable delights that I, Dwayne of the House of Jonson, expose to heat for thee?

Brother Spaced Hulk, as long at it's a clean fight displaying the cunning and ferocity of our Liege Lord, and as long as the Honour of the Lion is enhanced there can be no losers.

The victor may feel pride but should refrain from seeking glory as unchecked pride will lead to a fall. The defeated may feel a sense of shame but that should be replaced with a desire to learn and begin anew. Or it's off to cell Forty-Two with you.

The Assault Company Master of the First Chapter of the Dark Angels Legion looks forward to a duel with his equivalent Company Master of the Sword Bearers Successor Chapter.

Don't forget to duck tongue.png

Brother Stobz, I thank you kindly for your sage council. Of course, such astute wisdom and perspicacity is only to be expected from our esteemed Primogenitor Chapter. I assure you that I will take your advice to heart, and display the same degree of humility in victory as thou shalt display magnanimity in defeat.

On a more serious note, Master Raum wishes to know if you would prefer him to deactivate one of his lightning claws during the forthcoming duel. This is not a result of false bravado, but rather from a genuine desire to avoid causing undue pressure on the Rock's already over burdened laundry and dry cleaning facilities. As the Watchers are already sorely pressed to maintain the pristine whiteness of your ceremonial robes, it seems unreasonable to further increase their work load with excessive blood staining.

msn-wink.gif

Round 1 Fight 2: Kadmiel vs Regulus

Both contestants knew the stakes and both seen the previous fight. They are aware how tough the Arena could be. Brothers in arms and Both knew each others reputations. They offer a salute to each other and the fight begins.

Kadmiel, the Angel Executioner shows his reputation is well earned, soaring into the air, he uses his jump pack to quickly aproach the opponent. Regulus was impressed but not phased by the maneuvre and unleashed a plasma shot. A hit! But a shine betrayed the presence of an Iron Halo, leaving Kadmiel unscathed. Regulus was quickly to follow by a close combat attack but Kadmiel had his trusty storm shield and the blows that were not deflected by his sword were absorbed by the shield.

Regulus lunges again, his skill and zealotry bringing viciousness to his attacks still Kadmiel remains unscathed.

Kadmiel spots an opening after a vicious attack by Regulus and trusts with his powersword, the blow was not the strongest but found it's mark on Regulus tie.

Regulus, possessed with a cold fury, his wound cloting smashes his Mace hard on Kadmiel's shield. The unexpected blow had such might that it jarred Kadmiel's arming, numbing it for a precious mili-seconds. Kadmiel guard was down and Regulus again attacked but the artificier armor worn by Kadmiel was impervious to the blows.

Shaking his numbness away, Kadmiel again focus and with the precision that the Angel Executionor is  famed for, once again found his mark on the exact same spot as before. Regulus howls with rage. How dare he mock him so, by cutting his almost closed wound once again? A fury possesses Regulus that attacks relentlessly, but Kadmiel is well protected and weathers every single blow until he once again finds his mark on the other leg of Regulus and again, and again, and again until Regulus strenght is sapped and he falls powerless his legs unable to bear his weight.

" The victory is your Brother. Your reputation is well deserved" Regulus whispers.

"Thank you Brother. You were a worthy opponent. Rarely I saw so fury from a Son of our Father. Truly the Chapter is lucky to have you amongst our ranks"

Both contestants leave the arena. One bloodied, aided by an Apothecary, the other one victorious,thinking of the next match.

Chaplain Lucifer, Im loving all the work you're putting in for this and I think you are doing a great job.

That being said....I do have a few thoughts ph34r.png

Would it be difficult to show like a Boxing/UFC type matchup card for the fight? a Pic of both contenders and their stats type of thing? I keep scrolling back through all the posts to find who is fighting and what with...whether a character, or sgt/vet sgt, etc. and like their "sponsor"(creator/painter) type of thing.

Just an idea mate! if not I'll still read this as it is very entertaining for me, and I like your fluff for the fights

keep on keeping on!

biggrin.png

yes something like that!  Only things I would add are the sponsor(who's model it is)  their wounds as some are chars with multiple wounds, and if they are a librarian list what their psychic attacks are or something. 

I thinkit would help keeping track of what and who's fighting whom.  and who has...fallen

Archived