+++ Dark Angels Feast of Blades. X Arena of Death +++

Chaplain Lucifer

Epic thread is epic...

I ran out of likes or the stab at Stobz would have definitely got a like from me. 

Lucifer I demand you to put this to Audio Book and record it so I can download it and listen to it while I put together these assault marines in front of me. (Please no beat box in the background though, just explosions and weapons rattling.)

Just wondering, are we going to be getting 1 duel a day for the next (let's do some math 8+4+2+1=15) 15 days? That's what it seems to be trending towards, and you're the best chaplain there is!

I poroclaim this thread to be 100% pure win

The Templars can keep their emperors champion the it seems the Rock has the people's champion. #teambringit

Thanks for the awesome feedback guys. :)

I will try to put at least one battle per day (except weekends) so this Arena doesn't drag on too much and bore people because of too much waiting.

The feedback has been so positive that I am already thinking ahead for the next Arena on a different format. Stay tuned. :tu:

gallery_404_1264_87770.jpg

Vs

gallery_404_1264_4284.jpg

The crowds cheers go up in volume as the two warriors enter the Arena, each on an opposing door. This time The duel is between brothers of different Chapters.

Caleb lifts his thunder hammer in salute to the opponent and the crowd, Titus Raum crosses his lightning claws over the chest and slighly bows also in respectfull salute.

The claxon sound and the opponents lunge at each other. Caleb, faster due to his jump pack closes the gap in a few heartbeats, not undisputed because Titus Raum chucks grenades in his direction but the armor stands fast, impervious to the shrapnel. Caleb responds with a fusilade from his storm bolter before closing the gap to the charge. Titus Raum also possesses a finre crafted armour and the bolts find no gap.

With a grunt Titus makes his move, his agile lightning claws slashing in the figure of Caleb, still on the upswing of his thunder hammer. The claws flare the Iron halo field but no damage.

Caleb, swings and misses with barey enough time to avoid another slash and another... and another. The agility of the lighning claws take the upper handfor a brief moment, Caleb reeling back, parrying and barely avoiding the blows.

Eager to press the advantage CTitus Raum over-extends and the butt of the Thunder hammer connects with his faceplate with enough force to draw blood. Stunned, Raum is forced on the defensive for some time until he recovers. Again he strikes with a direct slash at the throat feigning another overextended blow and Caleb takes the bait, parrying and trying to swing once again the butt of his Thunder hammer. Raum, however was prepared this time and he managed a deft slash with his other claw, crimson rivulets a payment for his perfect maneuvre.

Caleb was taken aback by the blow, his artificier armour and his Iron halo, unable to deter it...

A brief respite happened, the two contestants disengaging but remaining at a bit more than arms lenght, studying each other.

Caleb is the first to move, a milisecond of jump pack burn and he's in the air, hammer in a two handed grip already poised for a descending blow, Titus is forced to protect his upper torso with a cross guard of lightning claws. The blows connect and Titus is forced back by the strenght of the blow, the two lightning claws showing signs of stress and sparks of something malfunctioning in the delicate ancient circuits.

A few heartbeats later and Raum attacks again a double slash followed by a kick to the legs of the opponent.

Caleb hits the dirt but manages a skillfull with unusual dexterity for such a unwieldy weapon, his thunder hammer cracking greave and bone inside, the Iron halo field offering no protection. In the maximum setting the leg would be pulverised but for the arena contestants use less lethal settings.

With a broken leg Titus Raum is forced to conced the match, he couldn't use his speed and even non lethal blows could prove fatal if enough were sustained.

"I yield Brother" Titus declares: "You have this match. This injury dictates I cannot be a matched opponent anymore."

"Wise decision Brother, Iwould have done the same as you.You made your Chapter proud, they are True sons of the Lion"

I'm loving the write up. now I am sad I took so long to post as it means I must wait to see my fight! still an epic all around showing and I am sure everyone else feels the same as I, the amount of effort you're putting into this is amazing and well appreciated! 

I knew I should have issued Raum with a power fist! Might have to change his weapon load-out in the future (and perhaps model him with a bionic leg!) msn-wink.gif

@ Stobz: Well fought brother, and a deserved victory for Master Caleb. The Sword Bearers will remember his name. thumbsup.gif

@ Chaplain Lucifer: Awesome write-up, you've done both Chapters proud! And many thanks for all the work and effort you're putting into this. thumbsup.gif Looking forward to the next bout! smile.png

At a match per day (except weekends), its gonna take ages for me to beat you and be acknowledged as the Chapter's Champion.

Can't we do a free for all, so I can kick your ceramite in a more timely manner?

We are wasting time and its an Emperor's resource...which is heresy...don't make me call the chaplains!!

gallery_404_1264_65887.jpg

VS

gallery_404_1264_87257.jpg

This was one of the most interesting matches of the Feast of Blades. It was very unusual for a techmarine leave the Forge for anything else other than combat missions or Forge related business, the crowd was eager to see the prowess of the Techmarine against one of the gifted ones.

The contestants enter the arena, measuring each other, Lim Cagaest sensing that this was no ordinary techmarine he was facing.

After a short salute the bout starts, the conestants eyeing each other, each using some kinf of hidden talent. Cerroneth was gifted with the Geneseed of Gideon, late DA Ravenwing Grandmaster unknownst to him, explaining his above average agility. Alas, not even that agility was a help against a witch power that took miliseconds to be unleashed. Lim Cagaest tried to CRUSH his opponent, but met unexpected resistance, no doubt due to bionic enhancements. Again another power was unleashed and Cagaest ASSAILed him opponent with a beam leaping from his hand. The improved armour seemed impervious to the beam!! Taken aback by surprise, Cagaest only had time to activate his force axe before a charge from Cerroneth, his patience for wich tricks exausted.

Firing plasma and flamer as he charged he managed to punch a hole in the pauldron of the Librarian that let loose a short cry of agony when the plasma searing heat met his flesh.

Cagest used his Mace of Redemption with agility trying to knock the perceived slower opponent down but again the Armour forged by an artifier gave no signs of yielding. Cagaest took to himslef to use his mace as an axe like weapon to meet the already slashing power axe of Cerroneth. The shoulder wound still was hurting bad and one arm was pratically out of comission.

Cerroneth dexterity with an axe was impressive for a techmarine, usually more used to diverse tasks than had to hand fighting, he met Cagaest's axe blows from both contestants parried, but the Witch-brother had more combat training, as difficult was for him to admit and another axe blow from Cagaest severed his bionic arm.

He was taken aback by surprise. How could his carefully maintaned dispacer field fil him on the direst of moments??? Had he done something wrong on the maintenance rituals?

Shaking the thoughts for later, with still two aces up his sleeve he tries to crush the opponent with his servo arms but the displacer field of the Librarian wisked him away safely from the crshing servo arms.

One handed, fluids leaking, Cerroneth had no other choice than to yield.

"Next time, brother. We shall meet again and Emperor be praised I will win because now I have the thirst for more. " Cerroneth said, picking up his severed arms with a servo-arm of his. "Not even your witchery will save you from defeat"

"As you will Brother, I will indulge in a rematch, a credit to your endurance and perseverance"

I generated the matches randomly, so for the 1st round:

• Company Master Guriel vs Interrogator Chaplain Tancred
  • Company Master Kadmiel vs Interrogator Chaplain Regulus
  • Company Master Caleb vs Company Master Titus Raum
  • Techmarine Cerroneth vs Librarian Lim Cagaest
  • Veteran Sgt Xenith vs Company Master Indomiel
  • Veteran Sgt Elam vs Veteran Sgt Tanhausen
  • Librarian Askiel vs Company Master Ramiro
  • Company Master Vengen vs Veteran Sgt Guntham

afternoon guys,

just a quick one chaplin lucifer...

i dont seem to have been included in the match ups. was this to even up the numbers or just a mistake? first i thought i had when i saw company master titus raum (just assumed the name was wrong).

thanks,

chris,

afternoon guys,

i dont seem to have been included in the match ups. was this to even up the numbers or just a mistake? first i thought i had when i saw company master titus raum (just assumed the name was wrong).

thanks,

chris,

My bad, my sincerest apologies. I overlooked it when doing the final countdown because I counted contestants by the pictures and since yours was a link to the picture I didn't see it when I did the aforementioned final counting.

Have no fear , you will be included in the pairings and to make things even so will faytality that made a submission after the time and I had to cut him out, so he's back in.

Unfortunatlely this will make the bouts with odds so, I will PM faytality saying he's in , and will arrange a two more contests in short notice. I will PM aura-enchanted to see if he is still interested and that leaves one spot open. So if anyone wants in they still can, first come, first serve. PM me with all the necessary details if you want in on the Arena.

Once again my apologies to Solly and the rest of the contestants and spectators. I hope this doesn't ruin your enjoyment.

Cell 42 for me for being a careless doofus.

afternoon guys,

thanks,

chris,

My bad, my sincerest apologies. I overlooked it when doing the final countdown because I counted contestants by the pictures and since yours was a link to the picture I didn't see it when I did the aforementioned final counting.

Have no fear , you will be included in the pairings and to make things even so will faytality that made a submission after the time and I had to cut him out, so he's back in.

Unfortunatlely this will make the bouts with odds so, I will PM faytality saying he's in , and will arrange a two more contests in short notice. I will PM aura-enchanted to see if he is still interested and that leaves one spot open. So if anyone wants in they still can, first come, first serve. PM me with all the necessary details if you want in on the Arena.

Once again my apologies to Solly and the rest of the contestants and spectators. I hope this doesn't ruin your enjoyment.

I'd run my heresy praetor in the mix...but that could be unfair ;)

I've never looked at the new DA dex from you 40k rabble :P since I have a picture of my praetor, if you really needed it, I could submit him and someone could give him the appropriate wargear from the 40k codex if needs be.

Here's the deal folks. To make this work without shortcut I need now 24 contestants, if possible.

I already have aura_enchanted, Abellard Tullus, Marshall Mattias and Captain Semper proposals. That leaves 2 spots open, if they can be filled. So if there is still any readers taht want in, please make a PM offer with all the details and I will take care of the rest.

Meanwhile the competition will proceed and the "newcomers" will be paired against each other also in a random fashion.

Master of the 3rd – Master of the Fleet – Vengeance Blades
Knight Commander Braden - Blades of Altena
Master - Monster Slayer of Caliban - Combi Plasma - Plasma Pistol
Hw will unleash hell with the combi weapon followed up with charging, having faith in his blade :)

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/20140902_205346_zpse7szby4w.jpg

Does that work smile.png

gallery_404_1264_112125.jpg

VS

gallery_404_1264_48352.jpg

There was an hush hush ont he arena when the two participants strode in. One in a sober green clad Dark Angels heraldry, the other one in a garish red heraldry with angelic details, not very usual for an Unforgiven Chapter.

"Well met brother" Indomiel greeted, raising his claw to his chest in salute. "I hope all the artificier work doesn't get in the way of fighting"

Xenith laughed a dismissal of the Indomiel's joke. "They call us Angels of Death, sometime we have to look the part".

Indomiel is the first one to move, lunging himself in a run to his opponent, his charge slowed by an evasion of a combi-melta shot aimed at his feet in order to take him out with minimal fuss.

The contestants clash like a wall of ceramite, Indomiel's claw being parried by Hammer the Fist parried by shield. A headbutt by Xenith is stopped by the Iron halo field. Indomiel knew right there that this Vet Sgt was more than expected and would use everything to get an advantage.

Again a slash of lightning claw and a shield lifted in defense, the powerfist comes after and the shield gets in the way. Indomiel's unusual style and choic of weaponry gave him an edge because he always had a blow coming from any given angle, many foes had fallen because they couldn't stop one or the other. Xenith however showed extensive training in the shield technique.

A low kick came from Xenith and Indomiel had only enough time to plant firmly the feet in the ground and let the ceramite absorb the impact with toppling him.

Slash after slah the ver present shield did not give in. The powerfist of indomiel lashed out,integrated digi-weapons first, trying to find a gapbut to no avail. Xenith however aimed him digi-weapons directly at Indomiel's eyes, blinding him momentaneously, just enough that a hammer blow rang on his midriff with enough force tocrack ceramite and force some of Indomiel's stomach contents out.

By the Lion, this was no ordinary Sergeant. He knew every dirty trick in the book, thought Indomiel.

Shaking his pain away, his Unforgiven patiente almost at an end, Indomiel lashed out with both claw and fist, only to be side stepped by Xenith. The lightning claws didn't connect with the shield. In fact Xenith had allowed it to take Indomiel out of balance, finishing his opponent with a hammer blow that cracked the helmet and darkened the world of Indomiel.

When he came to his senses he saw his opponent standing, victorious without a helmet. The face criss-crossed with scars scars and burn marks.

"You are more than just a sergeant" said Indomiel.

"Yes and no. My penance was demotion to sergeant and so remain until my atonement cames, with my death." answered Xenith with a resolve in his face.

"I'm sure it will be a long penance brother. I don't envy your fate and I pity those that stand in your way as foes. "

"

afternoon guys,

thanks,

chris,

good afternoon everyone,

thanks for that chaplin lucifer, i wasn't aiming to cause trouble, just curious if id been left out to even the numbers of it was by accident. partially my fault as i didnt actually notice until i put up my post.

sorry to throw the cat amoung the pigeons everyone.

apart from that i can say im really enjoying the matches! be happy to join in again.

thanks,

chris.

A message arrives from Mortikah VII...

Brother Simeon, a promising librarian wishes to prove his worth amongst his chapter, the Gaurdians of the Covenant, and to the rest of the Unforgiven.  Relentless in battle, he leads his troops, unleashing the powers of the warp.  His brothers always know how far into enemy lines he pushes by the storm of assailing boulders and rubble being hurled at his foes.  Quick to rush in and quick to react in fray of battle has made name of Brother Simeon renouned throughout his Chapter.

Is he too late to fill the remain seat in this Feast of Blades?

Libby%2BSimeon.jpeg

Brother Simeon

Level 1 Psyker - Telekenesis (65 points)

Force Sword

Frag Grenades

Plasma Pistol (15 points)

Digital Weapons (10 points)

Displacer Field (25 points)

Progeny of Corswain (40 points)

155 points

Archived