+++ Dark Angels Feast of Blades. X Arena of Death +++

Chaplain Lucifer

Great write up, and I'm not just saying that cause my guy won. Really looking forward to the next matches! Deathspectre, well fought brother!

thumbsup.gif Well fought, Hope you do well in the next roundyes.gif . Now to plan out for the next one. (1st off pick up the codex)wallbash.gif

gallery_404_1264_14024.jpg

VS

gallery_404_1264_4041.jpg

Both sergeants walked in to the Arena at a slow pace. They were both in awe after seeing so many battles and felt honoured to be there with so many ranked officers and skilled fighters.

After saluting the crowd and each other, they met eye to eye, trying to gauge each others strenghts and weaknesses.

Khadmiel spied a whole lot of trinkets and adornements which could only mean much wargear was gained by his opponent. On the other hand Mellius saw only a storm bolter and a Mace more ornamented than usual...

Khadmiel took the iniatiative, advancing while pouring storm bolter fire, which despite hitting the opponent failed to do anything else than scratch the paint. As he clipped his storm bolter to his thigh and made his mace ready for a charge he was saluted with a plasma pistol shot. The shot was not entirely true but Khadmiel also made a dodge as best as he could.

Mellius had robbed Khadmiel of his initiative and made a charge of his own.

Khadmiel, with a more agile mace weapon struck his opponent in the shoulder but was greated by a displacer field, that made the opponent blurr, and reaper in his blind spot. A power axe came altough unwieldy can be deadly in a skilled opponents hands... and Khadmiel's conversion field shined twice, as much times as the blows descended upon him.

With great faith in his blessed Conversion field, Khadmiel forgot defense and not even bothered to parry more blows, he went straight for the offense, with great results as his oponnent was still in mid blow when a mace came for his arm, breaking it and almost severng it, half the arm haning from a string of flesh and meat.

And so the bout was won, by Khadmiel.

Holding his mace in salute, he bowed to his opponent first and to the audience second, leaving for the recclusiam for prayers to the Emperor and the Lion for blessing his defenses and his mace.

Can't believe my guy won! :woot:

Great write up Lucifer, it appears conversion field and progeny of Gideon is a very strong combo! :D

Congratulations to Mellius for the great fight and to faytality for putting together and painting to this high standard!

Now I look forward for more! :yes:

gallery_404_1264_8861.jpg

VS

gallery_404_1264_22562.jpg

And there they were, standing in teh Arena, the crowd in ominous silence, contemplating the two fighters.

One was from a well renowned Sucessor, Simeon was his name and a Librarian was his call. Against him, clad in red, Knight Commander Braden, Master of the 3rd Compnay of the Blades of Althena.

Braden swept his cape to his shoulders, to free his movements and with quick reflexes he moved up, planted his feet and double tapped his combi plasma. Any advantage he could get would be good when facing a psyker. His aim was true but the plasma dissipated harmlessly against the Librarian's displacer field... or maybe it was psyker trickery?

Simeon lost no time and regained initiative... he moved quickly, extended his hand towards his opponent and tryed ASSAIL on him. The armour of Braden held true...

Without time to lose, Simeon squeezed a shot from his plasma pstol and activated his force Sword. The plasma pistol went wide and did nothing but burn a hole on Braden's cape. And then the charge... received by a hail of bullets, Simeon closed the gap quickly and Braden had only enough time to activate his blade, a thrumming noise different from a normal power sword indicated this was no ordinary powerblade.

Braden, faster slashed at the Librarian, but the psyker parried. Another Slash and the Displacer field activated, the Librarian became a blurr and repared on his side, slashing with the sword. Braden parried the blow and made another of his own. This time the ancient power sword drank blood.

Bradley smiled to himself. His blade didn't let him down despite that he was sure that it could be more lethal. Maybe the blade sensed that he was not fighting an enemy?

Clearly Braden was lost in his thoughts because that short moments distraction was enough for Simeon to slash Bradley across the chest with incredible speed and embed his coruscating force blade deeply on his side...

How could he be so fast? Thought Arkley before dropping to the floor his power drained by his wounds, his vision turning black.

An apothecary was already running to Braden while simeon tried to use his telekinesis to keep Braden's wounds shut before he lost too much blood...

Vet Sgt Gunther is appeasing the machine spirit of his ancient plasma pistol through careful anointing with the sacred WD-40. Hopefully that will see him through safely (or maybe if someone else is rolling for me, I won't automatically explode every time I touch a plasma weapon).

The final litany before ritual battle: "May the Emperor guide us, and may the winner buy the drinks."

EDIT: Gunther is now all out of WD-40 and really thirsty ;)

Very sorry for the lack of updates. Real life and then vacatiosn dictated I had little time to dedicate fully to theArena. It will proceed as planned from thispoint on.:)

gallery_404_1264_24093.jpg

VS

gallery_404_1264_12201.jpg

The two marines faced each other, throwing a salute. Titus, a seasoned veteran Commander would face a Sergeant... but a Ravenwing Sgt.. What tricks would he have up his sleeve? They are known for their elusiveness while in the saddle.

Gunther, made his reputation true. Without loosing time he approached Titus, fast as a raven. Caught by surprise Titus barely had time to move, let alone prepare a defense. He only had time to raise his shield enough to avoid his arm being melted away from a ball of blue plasma from Gunther's pistol. His arm was still burned through the armor, now a scorched ruin.

Gunther pressed home his advantage and prepared to strike.

Titus, hard pressed by those sudden attacks only had time to regain his compusure and put up a solid defense.

Gunther's power sword was deftly slashing towards Titus and only iron Halo and Storm shield were avoiding Titus gettig injured.

Attack after attack, Titus was starting to back up, unable to go on offense.

Gunther saw the opportunity and aimed a blow to the already injured arm, hopping to take the opponent out of the combat quickly...

That was Gunther's opportunity and carried a certain risk... which proved to be fatal because despite getting that wounded arm, Titus had time to prepare a mighty thunder hammer blow, knocking Gunther out cold, taking him away from the match, his chest plate a ruined mess, blood already pourig from the shattered armour.

Didn't expect to win that one! hadnt thought about facing opponents that were alot faster then me...

wont be changing his load out though, like the feel/look of it too much. just hope i don't face too many fast opponents from this point onwards... 

Yeah, I put that build together gambling on surviving the first round to make use of hit-n-run/shroud. Looks like it did okay, but certainly a risky proposition when facing St 8 multi-wounds!

Nice write up too ;)

gallery_404_1264_5088.jpg

VS

???

Cassiel entered the arena and did it alone. There was a hubhub and everybody was talking about the fact that one contestant was simply not there. They waited,and waited and the next contestant was nowhere to be found...

Chaplain Lucifer got up and adressed the presents:

"I have a communication to make. The brother scheduled to fight was unfortunately lost in the warp, as far as we know. He was in transit here and the his ship has not arrived and there's no signs of it, no contact made possible since the entry in the Warp.

I am forced to ask the presents:

Does anyone want to battle Cassiel in an honour duel, as you are?"

The hubhub of the crowd was heard once more, until they were silenced by a voice:

"I, Thergothon of the Angels of Redemption shall test my mettle in the Arena"

"So shall it be done, brother, please enter the Arena as you are" Said Chaplain Lucifer.

gallery_404_1264_9684.jpg

Thergothon jumped into the arena, his greaves lifting a cloud of dust as he connected with the arena's floor.

The contestants saluted each other:

"Well met Cassiel"

"Wel met Thergothon"

The signal was given and Thergothon stole the iniative. He moved, paused and aimed his combi-plasma at his opponent.

Cassiel was ready however and the shots were slightly offmark thanks to some evasive maneuvres.

Cassiel took the best of the moment, aproachinghis opponent and fired a plasma shot of his own, but the shot was deflected by a force field...

Without pause Cassiel charged in but his charge was met with a bolter fusillade from Thergothon who was still standing in the same place, with his bolter leveled at Cassiel.

A bolter shot clipped Cassiel in the neck, drawing blood, but the bolt sailed throught, without exploding and no further damage.

Unflinching, Cassiel lunged at Thergothon with his mace but the blow was parried by Thergothon ancient blade.

A moment's distraction, mesmerized by the ancient blade that hummed strangely and had an eerie dark glow costed Cassiel a failed parry, enough for the blade to embed itself in the shoulder guard, drawing blood once again.

Cassiel could hardly believe he made such an obvious mistake. How could he be enthralled by blade, like a young scout fesh of of the first trials?

Chastizing his self and steeling his resolve, Cassiel counter attacked, with savage furry, his mace raining blows, deflected by either parry or Thergothin's force field.

Thergothon's ancient blade was powerfull but it came at a disadvantadge of being slightly slower and Cassiel pressed home taht advantage, slowely gaining until he managed a clean blow, cracking a vambrace and probably bones beneath. Thergothon was stunned by the blow but not by the light taht shone so brightly when the mace blow connected. His reactions became slow just enough to be hit again, but the force field this time protected him.

Thergothon seized the iniatiative once again, trying to gain upper hand and in a bold maneuvre he reversed the grip on his blade, wielding it like a combat dagger.

It was a feat of strenght to wield such a blade in a single hand posture... He sliced the air with the blade and it was obviously parried by Cassiel that didn't expect the grip to be reversed yet again in mid air , his eyes tracking the blade, thinking it would be impossible to do such a reversion. And it was.

What knocked Cassiel out was a blow from Thergothon's fist, connecting to Cassiel's helmet.

I feel I owe a bit of an explanation.

One of the contestants withdrew so instead of going to the process of yet another round of "who wants in" with all the encumbrance I decided to put a proxy fighter of my own. To my surprise he actually won despite not having anything special. I am sorry for that, It was the only Character I had, painted an ready besides named characters or bike/TDA characters.

The following contestants went throught the second round:

Guriel

Kadmiel

Caleb

Lim Cagaest

Xenith

Elam

Ramiro

Vengen

Khadmiel

Simeon

Titus