Sevatar - The Prince of Crows

Balthamal

I like how his head looks like Jango Fett <3 I might just want to get the bare head as a conversion.

I don't like how he has the knife out too and how his chainglaive looks tiny with an attached end on it.

Look at his belt area, theres a little special something for you sons of the 1st...

Lol I noticed.

It's ok because we have him in the holds and the Lion has kicked Curze's butt many a time now.

I like his bare head, but then I hoping they would've been able to better capture that smug look in the artwork. Still a great sculpt, albeit a tad busy for my tastes. The IF Command kit is awesome, but I can't understand why they would choose Mk IV over the iconic Mk III. Perhaps we'll see Polux tomorrow? 

Have to say, I'm rather disappointed by Sevatar. For me. it's the glaive that ruins it. The added spiky bit looks wrong, and its presence seems to have resulted in the 'chain' part of the weapon being far too small. All I wanted was a physical version of the one from the cover of Prince of Crows, that looked good, this one is over designed and unappealing.

I've seen lots of people say they don't like the glaive, I love it. It looks like the blade would kind of guide things towards the chain blade, while also itself cutting. And it fits their whole fear thing, looks very imposing.

I have to agree with most of the disappointment with Sev, he looks a bit too crowded. I think replacing the left pad or at least getting rid of those funny bone spikes, replacing the chain glaive end, and maybe leaving off the cape would go a long, long way towards making him look a bit more minimalistic and in line with the Prince of Crows cover. Plus painting his gauntlets red (especially without the cape, too much red).

That being said, there are a lot of pretty awesome details on him. I love the flaying knife and the trophy frontal skulls on the backpack. They even kept in the Atramentar symbol as a feline skull on his right pad, which is a nice nod to his fluff. I even like the decision to not repeat the winged skull on his chest and replace it, as it kind of repeats his helm imagery. I'm still undecided on the glaive. It makes sense for a blade to be on it, I mean he held off Sigismund in a long duel but I kind of wondered how he didn't get the chain teeth stripped out. That would explain it. 

quick edit: Hahahah... Sev was giving Sigi "just the tip." I'll see myself out now

Have to say the Templar commander looks limp-wristed too. It's something about his thumb placement that looks like he's barely holding his blade up. That standard bearer though... way cool

Best guess: The model was painted pre judgement. He wasn't always sentenced to die. Although, I have to ask, does anyone know when and what Sevetar's crime was that caused him to wear the sinner's red?

He decided to play a joke on Curze by wearing a green and red costume with the letter R on it wherever Curze went.

:P

Though he should have it if he's fighting Scars, which would indicate the heresy is underway.

...though the only time the NLs come into contact with the WS that we know of is the siege of terra.....

Hmmm

I wasn't joking about istvaan, and the uncle brin bit refers to something we are aware has happened but don't know the details yet

Wonder if they kept that joke in the US version of Gavin & Stacey...

Archived