Legion Rapier Batteries (Quad Mortars)

Operative

+100pts-+160pts isn't exactly what I'd call "cheap". They are fringe benefits if taken, sure, but require a bit of work to get on target. And further unit taxes to ensure it hits... I see where you're coming from for that, but I disagree. That "accuracy" tax comes from other units costs.

In regards to shooting at targets in LoS, well, them's the breaks for Barrage weapons. 

I haven't done much listbuilding and I've done zero playtesting with SA, but lasrifle sections and tactical command sections seem like choices you might just be taking just because you need to fill out your HQ/Troops - so I would have assumed you would just have them anyway.  There are other options for taking nuncio-voxii in the SA list, though, for similar prices as those in the LA list.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought Shatter Shells were unique to the Achilles and the Achilles Alpha.

Nope. Rapier Battery can take Quad Mortars. Quad Mortars come with both Shatter and Frag Shell. No stipulation this is not the case, or specific to the Achilles LRs.

Prior to LACAL, Shatter Shells were only for the Achilles Alpha. I think that this is simply an editing error in LACAL - where the Achilles Alpha specifies that it comes with both frag and shatter (and in its fluff, Shatter Shells are rare and unique to it), the Rapier and Achilles entries just carry on as if shatter doesn't exist. The entry in the back of the book lists frag and shatter as available ammo types for the quad mortar, so people assume that the Rapier and Achilles automatically have access to them. Maybe they do, and this was a quiet buff to those two units in LACAL, but I find it more likely that they simply forgot to specify that those two units are frag only (since when their unit entries were first made and published, Shatter shells didn't even exist).

I sent an email to FW to see if they can clarify that. Probably won't hear back till Monday.

Did you ever receive a reply about this?

I thought Shatter Shells were unique to the Achilles and the Achilles Alpha.

Nope. Rapier Battery can take Quad Mortars. Quad Mortars come with both Shatter and Frag Shell. No stipulation this is not the case, or specific to the Achilles LRs.

Prior to LACAL, Shatter Shells were only for the Achilles Alpha. I think that this is simply an editing error in LACAL - where the Achilles Alpha specifies that it comes with both frag and shatter (and in its fluff, Shatter Shells are rare and unique to it), the Rapier and Achilles entries just carry on as if shatter doesn't exist. The entry in the back of the book lists frag and shatter as available ammo types for the quad mortar, so people assume that the Rapier and Achilles automatically have access to them. Maybe they do, and this was a quiet buff to those two units in LACAL, but I find it more likely that they simply forgot to specify that those two units are frag only (since when their unit entries were first made and published, Shatter shells didn't even exist).

I sent an email to FW to see if they can clarify that. Probably won't hear back till Monday.

Did you ever receive a reply about this?

Nope.

Also, Space Engineers has kind of consumed my soul for like the last two weeks, and I've been too busy making space ships to give 30k more than a passing thought here and there. X3

Got a reply today.

Hi *****.

Quad Mortars of any type can now fire both Shatter and Frag shells.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,
Forge World

So, looks like it was one of their stealth buffs.

Lol are they AP3 for the shatter shells too? Or is that just the Achilles Alpha?

Pretty sure all forms of Shatter Shells are Ap 4 even the one on the Achilles.

Lol are they AP3 for the shatter shells too? Or is that just the Achilles Alpha?

Pretty sure all forms of Shatter Shells are Ap 4 even the one on the Achilles.

The Alpha profile I believe lists it at AP3 but I could be wrong.

Archived