All sisters list in 7th

The Question

Hi All,

Just wondering does an all-out sisters list still work in 7th?

Have some 100+ various sisters and wondering if it possible to have a semi-to full tournament list that could still work

Cheers,

Jeroen.

What are the must field units?

Dominions with meltagunsExorcistsNo list should be without those two.And while I'm rather fond of MSU Flamer/Heavy Flamer Battle Sister Squads, I don't think I would call them must haves.

100% this.

After this point it's just deciding if you want infantry blobs or multiple units in immolators.

Personally I find transports work best as a mechanised force seems to survive very well in a competitive setting through a reliable if somewhat repetitive list.

As dull as it sounds... Rhinos full of Sisters with melta guns.... Lots and lots of melta guns. And dominions with lots of melta guns backed up by Exorcists.

Seems to work well for me when dealing with my opponents big nasty stuff XD

Well, I really believe the best way to be successful in 7th Ed and tournaments for that matter is to Ally. Guard can do a lot of things better and cheaper than Sisters so I never leave home without them as back up. If you really wanna stick with sisters, I suggest a Firestorm Redoubt fortification. This is necessary due to our lack of flyer, FMC, and skimmer killers. If you bring a quad gun as an anti-air answer, a smart opponent will just kill the gun turn one. In order to kill the Firestorm's 4 twin-linked, BS 2, interceptor, sky fire lascannon shots, they have to kill a 4 hull point armour 14 building. Plus you can get cover for an exorcist behind it and deploy HB Restributers inside for extra Dakka. Besides that sisters are best run with double melta and a combi-plasma if you have points (pretty awesome for when you use your act of faith). Also, you have to run Saint and keep her hidden in squads when you can since she only had two lives now. I don't run straight sisters, but if I did I would always run 2-3 Exoricsts (need HB retributors for Dakka if you don't Ally) and always 3 dominion squads. In the current meta I'd say 2 with 4 meltas and one with 4 Flamers. If you aren't opposed to FW, look up the Repressor's current rules. I hope this helps.

Think the new priest unit with flaggelants is nice some S5 attacks, Feel No pain pretty cheap, Crusaders for save and Assasins for 3+ armour

I find that without an assault vehicle, the whole close combat Idea never actually works out in a full sized competitive game. But that's just my opinion.

Think the new priest unit with flaggelants is nice some S5 attacks, Feel No pain pretty cheap, Crusaders for save and Assasins for 3+ armour

I find that without an assault vehicle, the whole close combat Idea never actually works out in a full sized competitive game. But that's just my opinion.

I imagine thats a good reason to take an inquisitor ally.

Now, I find that if I ally anything into my Sisters, my army just gets weaker because it's diluted to the point of innefectuality... that said, I find that Ignores Cover meltaguns are plenty effective to kill skimmers and monstrous creatures with a little bit of tactics, and fliers can be safely ignored for the most part... and for when they can't, well, there's always the Avenger.

Now, I find that if I ally anything into my Sisters, my army just gets weaker because it's diluted to the point of innefectuality... that said, I find that Ignores Cover meltaguns are plenty effective to kill skimmers and monstrous creatures with a little bit of tactics, and fliers can be safely ignored for the most part... and for when they can't, well, there's always the Avenger.

I can agree with this to an extent, especially with the Avenger. I think there are low point options for allies that can fill particular holes or bring something different, such as Coteaz, Assassins, maybe even Cypher(never used but probably will try).  However, if we deprive ourselves of too many points we could cripple our force (not enough dominions are a particular fear of mine). Also, our multitude of opportunities for TL MM on the Immolator hits flyers about 1/3 of the time and if it does can easily bring it down so it forces the opponent to really think about if they want to jink.

In larger games I pretty much always bring an avenger to deal with enemy flyers. We are extremely lucky with that since it can still deep strike. It and the Arvus Light are for the most part the only flyers that can. If the enemy don't have a flyer then it makes an awesome ground strike aircraft with its massive volly of Fire.

Exorcists, retributive with heavy bolters, and dominions with metal guns are pretty much the backbone of most of my lists

Normally I would agree but at large points a small allied group can help.

I myself am a fan of taking the odd fortification, inquisitors, Assassins or the odd drop pod with Templars Allies.

In the tournament in april I am taking 1400 points of sisters. 150 on buildings, 145 in assassins and 405 in Templars.

A fair split in my mind.

In large point games I don't even have enough points for all the Sisters I want, let alone allies! Allies are nice with some builds but you definately don't need them.

Whenever I consider adding allies to my Sisters to plug holes or weaknesses I always think to myself why am not just using that army instead. Allies, I feel is GW's crutch for poor game/army design. Typically my games with Sisters are all one sided. If I go first my opponent, is often halfway to being tabled by the end of turn one. Sisters with Dominions and Exorcists can have a blistering 1 turn offense unless the dice are extremely unkind to you. If I go 2nd i often struggle to find ways to make my units effective against opponents who know what to look for in my army and by turn 3 the game is effectively over. With results like that I have just stopped playing my Sisters even though they are my first army and I love them dearly.

Whenever I consider adding allies to my Sisters to plug holes or weaknesses I always think to myself why am not just using that army instead. Allies, I feel is GW's crutch for poor game/army design. Typically my games with Sisters are all one sided. If I go first my opponent, is often halfway to being tabled by the end of turn one. Sisters with Dominions and Exorcists can have a blistering 1 turn offense unless the dice are extremely unkind to you. If I go 2nd i often struggle to find ways to make my units effective against opponents who know what to look for in my army and by turn 3 the game is effectively over. With results like that I have just stopped playing my Sisters even though they are my first army and I love them dearly.

It's not so much a balance crutch, it's more a sales thing. It lets people use and try out other armies that they might not bother with if they had to get a whole army of.

But how do you get them in range turn one? I mean if you moved more than 6 inches the meltas are snapshotting. Unless you play on a small table I just don't see that as a turn one kill. 

Whenever I consider adding allies to my Sisters to plug holes or weaknesses I always think to myself why am not just using that army instead. Allies, I feel is GW's crutch for poor game/army design. Typically my games with Sisters are all one sided. If I go first my opponent, is often halfway to being tabled by the end of turn one. Sisters with Dominions and Exorcists can have a blistering 1 turn offense unless the dice are extremely unkind to you. If I go 2nd i often struggle to find ways to make my units effective against opponents who know what to look for in my army and by turn 3 the game is effectively over. With results like that I have just stopped playing my Sisters even though they are my first army and I love them dearly.

It's not so much a balance crutch, it's more a sales thing. It lets people use and try out other armies that they might not bother with if they had to get a whole army of.

But how do you get them in range turn one? I mean if you moved more than 6 inches the meltas are snapshotting. Unless you play on a small table I just don't see that as a turn one kill.

Usual deployment distance is 24" apart, Dominions scout forward 12" and then 6" move plus 6" disembark turn one. Both the Multi-melta and meltaguns should be in half range by now.

I've had good success with a balanced all sisters army.  Two Exorcists, HB Retributor squad, two full squads with melta, HF and Priest in Rhinos, Dominion squad in Immolator with meltas, squad of Seraphim with St. C. and a couple of smaller squads.  Just for fun I've done up a Cerastus Knight-Acheron in my sisters colours.  My opponent built his army around killing it.  Took out the Knight first turn.  By turn 5 the rest of my Sisters Army had won the game for me.

http://s903.photobucket.com/user/jbaidacoff/media/IMG_0223.jpg.html?filters%5Buser%5D=94777519&filters%5Brecent%5D=1&sort=1&o=0

http://s903.photobucket.com/user/jbaidacoff/media/IMG_0226.jpg.html?filters%5Buser%5D=94777519&filters%5Brecent%5D=1&sort=1&o=0

Archived