Epher's Guardians of the Covenant - Vows Complete!

Epher

I have no problems with bone librarians with blue robes. Epistolaries are most likely inducted into the death wing circles. So although they aren't deathwing, it would make sense to have bone armor. I painted mine in traditional blue, with bone left shoulder.

On your color scheme, I like it. It's unique, and you get the best of both worlds. Will you be doing green robes?

Loving your work. As for librarian colour. No one ever asks if their Chaplin in tda should be black or bone and as far as I can see it is the same question. Librarians for me should be blue but as ever rule of cool trumps all.

You know, I never thought of it that way.  People never ask what color Chaplain's armour should be.  I would definitely paint their TDA black.  I wonder what it is about librarians that set them apart.  To me the black armour looks cool but the blue armour makes them look like a misplaced Ultramarine.  

Thank you all for your encouragement and comments!

I have no problems with bone librarians with blue robes. Epistolaries are most likely inducted into the death wing circles. So although they aren't deathwing, it would make sense to have bone armor. I painted mine in traditional blue, with bone left shoulder.

On your color scheme, I like it. It's unique, and you get the best of both worlds. Will you be doing green robes?

I am thinking the robes will have to be red like the rest of my army.  Guardians of the Covenant always rock the red robes.  It was part of the draw to them for me.  But... I am not sure how all the colors will work together on this model.  The robes, more like tabbard, might end up being white.

In the older fluff the Librarians had to be inducted into the Deathwing straight away. Their ability to read the minds of the chapter meant that there was really no secret kept from them. So even a Lexicanium in Power Armor would wear the Bone Robes or at least a bone tabard but with the Librarian sigils on it. So it is possible to have a Librarian in Bone Terminator Armor but with Blue Panels to note that they are psykers and need to be watched for demon possession.

Bah! A blue pauldron is all a Librarian needs- if that. All my Iron Hands Librarians are painted like that and they look, well, like a bunch of Librarians. Having one blue marine in an army that isn't blue is just asking for trouble, in my opinion.

"Cap'n, who should we target?"

"Why not that chap in blue? You can't miss him!"

I like the split scheme, if we're being honest. The only thing to be asked is why does he look like that when the rest of your army isn't split?

Well, as always, keep up the great work thumbsup.gif!

Bah! A blue pauldron is all a Librarian needs- if that. All my Iron Hands Librarians are painted like that and they look, well, like a bunch of Librarians. Having one blue marine in an army that isn't blue is just asking for trouble, in my opinion.

"Cap'n, who should we target?"

"Why not that chap in blue? You can't miss him!"

I like the split scheme, if we're being honest. The only thing to be asked is why does he look like that when the rest of your army isn't split?

Well, as always, keep up the great work thumbsup.gif!

And that is why I do not like the back banners.

I tried this recipe once, and liked the look, just didn't think it fit with the model in concern. It's really similar to Punk Possum's:

Based Skavenblight dinge, washed with Agrax Earthshade (felt more 'natural' than black), then drybrushes of Stormvermin fur, administratum grey and a very light Ulthuan grey in the end. Gave that mix of colours that hair has.

I tried the recipe out and it worked pretty good for me. The results may not have been the same but I like it.

So here is my librarian in terminator armour. I still have a little highlighting left to do but that is going to require a trip to get some more paints. I am pleased with the results. The base is not as flashy as my jump chaplain but I don't think it needs to be. I hope the results meets your expectations. The floor is open!

med_gallery_83962_10975_624505.jpg

med_gallery_83962_10975_32143.jpg

For this model I used Milliput and a rock press mold.  Here is a link to the mold that I use:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/woodland-surface-rocks-mold-5-x-7-model-railroad-mold-accessory-c1231

You cannot see the cavities on the other side but I could post a pic if you would like.  They are designed for plaster but they work really well with the Milliput.  I mix it, press it into the mold and I remove it before it gets hard.  Because Milliput is a putty, you can make different rock shapes than what the mold provides.  The only tip that I have is to place your model on the rock before it cures so you can have flat spots to glue your model too.

I have also used cork roadbed for model trains for some of my other rocks.  The cork grain is much smaller than something you would find on a bulletin board.

Thanks for you comments!

I think the split color scheme works really well. I also think the base looks great. It's detailed enough but doesn't distract from the model. I think this librarian is one of your top model and paint jobs really good stuff. That said I can really see improvement in your work with each post so I look forward to seeing you do more and get even better.

I think the split color scheme works really well. I also think the base looks great. It's detailed enough but doesn't distract from the model. I think this librarian is one of your top model and paint jobs really good stuff. That said I can really see improvement in your work with each post so I look forward to seeing you do more and get even better.

Thank you for your kind comments.  It is hard to believe that I only started at the hobby a year ago.  I can't take all the credit myself.  I drew from everyone's posts for inspiration.  The level of detail that you put into the interior of your land raider was incredible.  Thanks again for your vote of confidence in my ability and I hope that I do not disappoint!

Really Tygwyn? Epher's or his model's tongue.png

But I agree. The halved scheme works really well I think. And, wrist-mounted storm bolters for the win.

He's gotta be talking about the model. I've been tackling an engineering degree with a five and a seven year old and I am telling you that I will be lucky to walk away from this endeavor with any hair at all.

Thanks again for your kind comments!

Up next in the painting queue is another two-tone paint scheme. It is my predator/razorback. The side doors are magnetized to allow for the side sponsons. The real reason for this set up, other than I think it is going to look cool, is that I will be able to equip this as a razorback with the twin-linked assault cannons from my land raider without them looking out of place. msn-wink.gif Progress for the First!

med_gallery_83962_10975_835530.jpg

I step away for a little bit and more work is complete. Nice happy.png.

The Librarian looks great, in my not so humble opinion. The split paint job works wonders. Makes me wonder about my own Librarian colour schemes.

The Predator looks very striking in two-tone. Just remember: there must be mud- glorious mud.

Have a Merry Christmas, my friend thumbsup.gif.

I step away for a little bit and more work is complete. Nice happy.png.

The Librarian looks great, in my not so humble opinion. The split paint job works wonders. Makes me wonder about my own Librarian colour schemes.

The Predator looks very striking in two-tone. Just remember: there must be mud- glorious mud.

Have a Merry Christmas, my friend thumbsup.gif.

I had my reservations about my new libby at times. It made me think of a court jester with the blue and the red. I still have to make it to the local GW for the highlighting paint for the blue. As for the predator... there will be mud... there must be MUD!!!

Epher:

Are you getting away from the metallics, or is this a side project? The librarian and razorback both look great. I'm looking forward to seeing how this color scheme turns out with more models.

Thanks.

FC

As for the metallics... I like them on the marines. I could not imagine having a tank in shiny metal on the battlefield. So, the tanks are getting the Khorne Red treatment with the black stripes. The predator is going two tone so that my Hammer of Caliban formation looks a little more cohesive with a Deathwing Land Raider. Deathwing have to be bone colored. It would feel wrong for me to paint them any other color. The same goes for Ravenwing too with one exception, regular Ravenwing bikers get the metallic armour and Black Knights are in black. The distinct colors of the Dark Angels "wings" are one of the things that drew me to them. This way not everything is all blue or all red or yellow. There is some variety to the painting. It was just the green that I did not like but the funny thing is that I am a fan of green. Go figure, eh?

Ha I thought I was alone in "the guy whose favorite colour is green but chose to paint his Dark angels in a totally different colour Club". Now I feel much better about that particular aberration, thanksbiggrin.png

That aside Red and bone tanks? colour me interested. Shiny tanks do seem to be a bit of a grey knight thing don't they?

Ha I thought I was alone in "the guy whose favorite colour is green but chose to paint his Dark angels in a totally different colour Club". Now I feel much better about that particular aberration, thanksbiggrin.png

That aside Red and bone tanks? colour me interested. Shiny tanks do seem to be a bit of a grey knight thing don't they?

Funny thing about the internet, eh? Nice to know we are not alone. As for shiny silver tanks? It seems a bit pretentious to me. Also, shiny objects on the battlefield tend to draw attention and enemy fire. Hmmm... now why did I paint all my marines like that?

As I am seeing a lot of year end update posts I feel that I should do the same at least to gauge my own progress. The ETL competition helped out a lot but I have been making some progress over the year. The plan for the up coming year will be to highlight the marines and change all their eyes to white. I need to also finish all of the razorbacks too. Two of them are predator conversions and a few of them need better 3D printed turrets. I am in the process of modeling them and I will get to printing them in the new year. I also plan to paint my terminators and ravenwing too. Lots to do and never enough time!

The battle company seen below has two full tac squads with four 5-man squads. I realized that I need to make another sergeant for one the squads. I have also included my Blades of Oblivion assault marines since they see regular action. The latest addition is the squad of assault marines on the far left without jump packs but they are deployed with a drop pod. So without further ado, here they are!

med_gallery_83962_10975_753933.jpg

Here is a closer look at the HQ's and the command squad:

med_gallery_83962_10975_831069.jpg

And finally, a tactical squad and only one marine has the white eyes.

med_gallery_83962_10975_65617.jpg

Archived