Question about Solar Auxilia transport

Kydoimos

Hi everyone,

While thinking about developing a SA allied force for my future Imperial Heralds, I read something that seemed odd to me.

I'd like to play an Enginseer Auxilia but while reading this unit's rules, I had the impression that it couldn't use any assigned transport, read a Dracosan. So, does this mean it have to footslog all along the game ? I hope I'm wrong...

I was also thinking about the Stormlord option, but that's far more expensive, points-wise. And, well... I certainly don't wsh to be considered as the WAAC guy.

Thanks!

Veletaris Storm Section taken as part of a Household Retinue can take a Dracosan Armoured Transport (and the flying potato thing) as a DT thanks to the rule under Legate Commander.

Veletaris Storm Section taken as part of an Infantry Tercio can take 1-3 per Tercio. Note that you can take 1-3 per Tercio, even if there's only 1 squad in the Tercio. ((Page 264)

Auxilia Enginseers may not take Dedicated Transports, unfortunately, but they may ride in empty DT's. Although they cannot deploy within said DT, they can set up behind and then enter. (giggling). 

Thanks again!

So I understand what you said : I can take a Veletaris section as the only infantry section of a Tercio and deploy it within a Dracosan. Since I can also take 2 Dracosan as DT even if I only have one section in my Tercio, my Enginseer can deploy within the second one after the 1st turn begins.

Well, let's ride then!

Archived