Assassins and Sisters

Naminé

Hey guys,

Got a tournament coming up in exactly a month, and refining out my list ready for it... One option I'm looking at is that I could take an Assassin (any type, but I'm favouring Culuxes).  Anyone have any experience using these with Sisters and want to weigh in with how well they complement the force?

Thanks!

I've been using a Callidus Assassin with huge success. She becomes a big threat as soon as she infiltrates in, with all her special rules.

I find her much more use that the others.

AP2, straight into combat, AP 2 flamer as well, screws with enermy reserves, sets up an inch away and can charge.

The threat level she is, it just causes so much back board edge panic and can delete units by herself.

Sounds promising... I have time to test both all of them at least though I'm leaning towards callidus and culuxes to start.  basically the assassin is replacing a support fire unit of Retributors so some kind of killy potential is needed (doesn't need to be much) to make it worthwhile.

I've been using a Callidus Assassin with huge success. She becomes a big threat as soon as she infiltrates in, with all her special rules.

I find her much more use that the others.

AP2, straight into combat, AP 2 flamer as well, screws with enermy reserves, sets up an inch away and can charge.

The threat level she is, it just causes so much back board edge panic and can delete units by herself.

I thought you couldn't charge after you infiltrated? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong and have cheated myself consistently.

In any case, I ran a callidus at a 3 game tournament,(if you didn't make the top 4  you could play in their day 2 apoc game, and I brought her there too). She didn't die in any game, including the apoc, probably mostly because she kept coming in on turn 4. Game 1 against Infinitely Summoning Daemons, she waded through pink horrors. Game 2, against Red scorpions, she came on and grabbed the malestrom objective right at the end. Game three against GK took a maelstrom objective, and killed a squad of scouts giving me linebreaker, and my only point at the end of the game.

All of that to say, in a meta that is psyker heavy, indeed the daemons player had more power dice than he or I had models, the culuxes may be better. However, I think the callidus is a pretty good all around performer. 

That is correct. But her boost to survive is great. If you have bottom of turn itiative, her flamer is still wall. She still has H&R.

Her best bet is to attack a unit in cover. As long as they do not have assault grenades, she will still be faster. I've made her work well against some Ork Lootas, Noise Marines, & Tyranid Warriors.

All of the assassins are scalpels. When used properly to sew havoc in your opponents field, it allows you to focus on the remaining aspects of the game (objectives or relics).

I'd avoid the sniper. Sounds awesome but in 38 turns of using him, he's only killed 3 models. And not cool models either.

The anti psyker one is my personal fav but that's because the fluff meshes with the Sisters pretty well and I pretend she's a sister of silence.

I'd avoid the sniper. Sounds awesome but in 38 turns of using him, he's only killed 3 models. And not cool models either.

The anti psyker one is my personal fav but that's because the fluff meshes with the Sisters pretty well and I pretend she's a sister of silence.

Now thats a cool modeling opportunity!

Archived