Mors Indecepta - Hydra's 30k WIP's

Daemon2027

I think my guys will be fairly loyal to the Legion but being mainly Terran I see the, as being considered outsiders, even past Istvaan V

The hand came from my bits box, I think it spawns bits like that for my use. In other words don't know. I cut it off a skeleton scarecrow, the resin isn't Forge World so I'm guessing Finecast, possibly a Fantasy Chaos bit as that was the last none Forge World army I tried.

Haha, fair enough. It looks pretty cool, it's weird that I'm so desensitised to skull trophys after being into Warhammer for 10 years that hand trophies seem grislier to me now...

I am leaning towards Night Lords at the moment, just sometimes I have some issues with the character of the legion, and it's something I really can't quite put my finger on. But at the moment I'm thinking of doing a Night Lords force with some Alpha Legion 'handlers'; like the CIA in Vietnam kinda thing.

That sounds cool.

There are bits about the Night Lords I dislike, I don't want to go overboard on the grisly trophies, Curze is fine, he's an animal who does his own thing, yeah some in the legion love him, my guys have a respect from him, but I don't want to overload my models with lots of flayed skin and heads. Some models will get more then others, coz some guys are just crazier then others.

Looking great so far Hydra! 

Much like KBA above me, I really like the heavier, hulking look your 8th legion has. Makes them look super heavily armored and badass.

Keep up the great work! 

Thanks guys, I'm glad the mak III look is a hit. Not one ussually associated with infiltrating but I don't think the Night Lords work in silence, they like their enemies to know that they are being hunted.

Anyway here's another 3 bodies for the terror squad.

16636427705_37595dd3a0_c.jpg

And that leaves me with no Volkite Chargers, going to put in an order tomorrow, some more Mark III, some chargers, and the Contemptor

Thanks guys :)

Heres a better shot of the middle guy from the last pic. I've added arms to the dead body, think I'll leave the hand offs a,e it end in a bloody stump.

16656977101_c783a18250_c.jpg

Being low on bits, and not at work, I decided to go over some of the guys I have already made, tidying them up, adding pouches and trophies, and while searching my bits box I realised I have a load of Volkite Calicers, and it doesn't take much to shorten them, which is brilliant as it solves my Volkite shortage untill my Forge World order come. Doesn't help with the lack of Mark III, however my bits box again came to my rescue and I found an assortment of cut up legs, so I started to cannibalise some parts from other places to continue building my squad.

First off I decided to turn the half built command squad standard bearer into a terror marine.

16036060984_60468d3d93_c.jpg

This next guy has been the most work so far, I had a whole left leg, and half a right leg, so I attached the top half of a mark II right leg. I was going to GS more armour over that bit but I like the way he looks. He has a recycled Iron Hand torso, so quite bionic chest wise, so I'm planning on going back and adding more tubes.

16657339282_2e774bf14c_c.jpg

I have been flicking through Collected Visions and I really like the variety in the styles of armour, especially with the helms, so I have started to experiment with GS to create some of these other styles. Here is a simple one, that may see more use on stuff like Jet Bikes.

16656969031_e3e3782223_c.jpg

Lastly I decided to go back to the Delegatus. With the Iron Halo and cool sword he was half Praetor which was bugging me, and I have an idea in my head for a better praetor model, although not one I will building for a while. So I decided to remove the naked blade, and put the plasma pistol in that hand. I took the opportunity to upgrade the plasma pistol to Khârn's, as the skull motif fits with the Night Lords. Instead of the right hand holding a plasma pistol a gave him partchment. This goes back to the idea of him being an ambassador, the partchment will show the eye of horus, indicating that the Night Lords are agents of the Warmaster (how true thier actions are sanctioned by Horus is debatable). Background wise the core of my Night a Lords will be Terran, and at the end of the Thramas crusade decided to strike out on thier own, reaving thier way towards Terra, fighting whoever gets in thier way. Anyway, still working on that, here's the Delegatus.

16657345912_6490c4eb40_c.jpg

Looking at the pic the heads position looks off so I will need to tweak that, and I might do the same with the partchment hand. The chain, taken from my bits box, looks a bit off, will have to see if I can find some small metal chain somewhere.

Looking lovely! 

Definitely keep those MK3 bros coming. I think it's such an under utilized armor mark for the 8th legion. 

We don't need to be stealthy. Such a waste of time to get your atrocity on if no one knows it was you :D

Ok Night Lord Painting time. Starting with a Terror Squad Headsmen with power fist, not my most inspired pose so may get redone.

16432358549_f3fe71b98e_c.jpg

You were really doubting this chap for a long while, but I think he's some of your best work to date. The only thing i find slightly dull is the Volkite charger, but I don't have any suggestions right now as to how you could improve it. Perhaps a purple glow instead of green?

KBA: yeah I ,I've visions. Some of the art is a little whacky but it's the general feel. It's almost imossible not to get inspired.

Chap Mortis: Cheers dude, got another 21 Terror Marines to make, hopefully I can make them all individual.

Flint: Thanks, I just love Mark III, it's so imposing and archaic. As for stealth, it's Talos in the short story with the Blood Angle scouts who has inspired me, stalking them, then banging the metal, waiting for them to turn then disappearing into the shadows so they just catch a glimpse of him. Night Lord Infiltartion rule should be renamed Stalker.

Dim Dim: I do still love the XXth legion but the Night a Lords have really captured a dark part of my soul.

Hexagon Sun: Glad to be an inspiration and looking forward to seeing your VIIIth legion brother.

Dosjetka: Thank you that's very kind to say, my problem with the model is probally just me, I think I can do better so the model feels like a let down. But there is a lot I like about it, and I feel I'm slowly getting a feel for painting.

Kurama: As much I would like to welcome you into the Midnight Clad, stick with the Ultras, there looking really good!

Ok, so lads weekend away and a return to work after half a week off as stunted my progress. However I managed to get the 9th member of First Claw built. I need to do a little tidying up on the back of the victim. I've decided that the marine will not be getting any trophies, for obvious reasons.

16682038726_42b6eb5179_c.jpg

I errmm am not to sure if I've gone to far with this one!

Cool, I was a little worried as I put him together that I was going a bit over board. Will have to knock it up a notch with Second Claw.

So I should build the final member of First Claw tonight in anticipation of my FW order coming Thursday. So far my guys have been targeting humans, which is fairly normal Night Lord behaviour through the Great Crusade so my force isn't tied to the Heresy (even Kurze has human bodies). However, I have a Contemptor coming which opens up the possibility of Astarte casualties, shall I take the plunge and commit to the heresy or keep it a safe standard brutal VIII compliance?

Archived