Small IG and Scion force

UltraRich

• 1 month later...

Thanks Guys

Its been a while since Ive been able to spend any time on these but Ive about got these five finished.

Im spending way too much time on each one to ever build a large force but its getting there.

I ordered a box of Scions so Ive something to vow for the ETL and I wanted the heads with berets for my guards.

Heres where Ive got to. The backpacks need some finishing but they are about done

gallery_46766_15816_66327.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_65344.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_62316.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_22926.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_221222.jpg

At some point Ive got to come up with squad markings

If these are PDF loyal to an Ultramarine planet Ive got to think about incorporating the logos onto the armour.

Ive also got the scion flag that I can de-scion and use for my PDF too.

Edited by UltraRich

Im on a roll...

The next two guys are done. I will paint all of the bases at some point but Im faced with 21 at the moment so I'll do them later :smile.:

gallery_46766_15816_10520.jpg

Heres a little something Im also working on.

Its a homage to MW Ghost

Im not sure if the blacks too stark so Ill end up washing it out but what do you think in principal?

I think it may look too much like an alien off THEM

gallery_46766_15816_634.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Thanks guys. This is leisure for me after just finishing a set of heavy detailed SM vanguard vets so I dont mind spending the time on them

ive just ordered the bits for 3 more character IG troops

Ive also assembled the main part of the scions for the etl

Ive a half finished base for my land speeder storm and Ive half a mind to do a mini diorama

gallery_46766_15816_74257.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_125002.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

After seeing the female heads on Mogams army thread I had a look around and found them online

Ive been looking for some to make the snipers out of the Gaunt books and these looked really good

I ordered them on sunday, got an email yesterday and they came today! Fantastic service

Here they are

They are really good, Very crisp with a tiny mold line

gallery_46766_15816_75298.jpg

And not hanging around heres my first test

Ignore the body. Its one Im still working on

gallery_46766_15816_38776.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_73221.jpg

Ive got some bits on order so Im going to try and make one of the minis better shaped. longer legs, thinner waist.

Edited by UltraRich

A few more bits came today so I thought Id butcher one of the minis to make a female guard

I thought about lengthening the legs but in the end they looked odd so I just slimmed them down on the inside and moved them closer

I then removed the section between the belt and armour and reduced the width of whats left.

All I need to do now is GS a belt back on and clean up around the top of the legs.

Heres a comparison shot

My ETL vow.... one lady trooper :smile.:

gallery_46766_15816_64909.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Excellent progress on Yarrick, very quick too. The highlighting is top notch he will make a fine addition to the table top (in rules too)! :)

For the female trooper I think that shaving the waist part of the tunic down might have been a bad idea. I think it being wider would fit the legs better as well as make the model more readily identifiable as female. You'd want to be able to notice it at a relative distance and it is heroic scale so a little exaggeration is not going to be a problem :tu:

Excellent progress on Yarrick, very quick too. The highlighting is top notch he will make a fine addition to the table top (in rules too)! :)

For the female trooper I think that shaving the waist part of the tunic down might have been a bad idea. I think it being wider would fit the legs better as well as make the model more readily identifiable as female. You'd want to be able to notice it at a relative distance and it is heroic scale so a little exaggeration is not going to be a problem :tu:

Thanks

I think you may be right re the legs.

Its a first go though

I'll post the other one now I've settled on a hot shot Las that has been converted to a sniper rifle. She looks really bulky.

It's a lot of work, so there's going to be an element of trial and error. For what it's worth you made it further than my female Guard project. I'm not even sure where I've left the bits, they're around here somewhere... :P The main thing you have to "fight" is the heroic scale has the Guardsmen rather bulky which can make adjusting the scaling difficult. Arms and hands in particular, it's where I got a bit stuck on mine. I am sure that together the barracks will nail down a good method though :D

Instead of shaving the waist down, shave the torso. It shortens the model and gives the impression of wider hips. What I do is cut off the belt buckle, shave off the belt completely then file the bottom of the torso to create a new belt which I stick the belt buckle back onto.

Edited by Toxichobbit

Im cracking on with Yarrick but I massivly underestimated the amount of detail on this mini. Its never ending!

I keep finding bits that need picking out and shading

Hopefully vow 1 is done tomorrow

gallery_46766_15816_90418.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Thanks guys

I just want to finish him now but hes covered in detail. 

Should be done tomorrow then everything will slow down when I start the valkyrie