Small IG and Scion force

UltraRich

Ive moved my ETL wip over to here so Im now spamming the main ETL page.

Yarrick is done so its onto the hardware

gallery_46766_15816_90418.jpg

This is the guide Im following which is awesome in its detail and the guy deserves credit for this.

http://www.akaranseth.com/blog/tutorials/step-by-step-valkyrie-imperial-guard.htm

While Im waiting for the tape to arrive Im going to magnetize and paint the interior so wip shots to follow

gallery_46766_15816_220473.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Ok so magnatising has started

Im going to make the roof removable and allow the tailgate door to drop so I needed magnets in both

I sanded the edge of the tailgate door to allow it to drop and then sank one magnet into the center

I then did the same along the edge of the roof

A neat trick to line them up is put one magnet in and before you drill the other side put blu tac or putty on it and put the piece in place. If you remove it you see the indent in the blutac and know where to drill

5 magnets on the ship

gallery_46766_15816_328797.jpg

aligned to the roof

A little clean up with GS where I managed to drill through the side!

gallery_46766_15816_55983.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Thanks guys

Once Id fixed the door issue and glued it all back together I hit it with Halfords grey primer. Im liking this over the GW range of undercoat

Ive now sprayed the interior boltgun silver and the odd area of black. Tomorrow this will have hairspray, salt and a coating of bleached bone!

gallery_46766_15816_106206.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_5721.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Good disaster recovery!  I've definitely had modeling issues like that myself in the past, so I know the pain of having to disassemble and re-assemble a nearly completed model.  Glad to see you were able to get your Valkyrie back in working order!

It dried quicker than I thought last night so I ended up doing the bone and salt chipping

Here it is after a wash and quick dust with Mig powder

This weekend is all about detailing while painting round corners!

gallery_46766_15816_146361.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_176136.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_181691.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

That's a nice looking interior. Hair spray method?

Thats right. I wasnt sure if Id gone too far but I wanted this to look like a well used aircraft

Ive sealed the interior with purity seal and then taped it up with Tamiya masking tape (its really good, I went for the 18mm version)

Its now had a base coat of catachan green. Its going to get another coat then its onto highlighting

If anything looks like a run or pool its because Ive sprayed with the consistency of milk so itll shrink back to flat

gallery_46766_15816_102161.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

That's a smooth coat of green, but are you sure it's Catachan? Looks different under that light, more like Lorien Green?

I think its the lights. Its only about 8" above it

Saying that it now is straken green on top

The plan is to mask it off panel by panel and shade it out via loren green to catachan green

Lets see how that goes!

gallery_46766_15816_95824.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Taking pictures is definitely my least favorite part of WIP.  I'm so glad others seem to be much better at this!

In either case, glad to see this model coming together.  Painting that interior is definitely a bold move!  :happy.:

Had enough masking/spraying now

This is the result of 4 masking sessions

Ive taken it without the flash but the light behind me and it still wont capture the depth of the colour fade

gallery_46766_15816_30190.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_126926.jpg

This is with flash

gallery_46766_15816_154618.jpg

Edited by UltraRich