=][= Of Lunatics and Henchmen: Inquisition Challenge #2 =][=

Dosjetka

Nice work, WarriorFish.

Stick him on a white sheet (or a black one, for that matter) rather than a wooden tabletop and that should improve the photos a bit.

Did you forget my tutorial so quickly? :P

Sadly not Kier, it's more of a time issue! :P That said thanks to train delays I've been able to snap a couple more quick pictures in daylight that I'll check this evening. I'll try and sort out a decent picture booth but it won't be in time for this event.

Which as we're speaking of is on the final run down! It ends in a few hours sedibear so you'll need to be done a lot sooner than tonight! 12:00 GMT today! There's still time for dashes across the finishing ling...

Sorry, my internet explorer (work comp, have no comp at home) doesn't take to the url box that appears (freezes and doesn't let me click upload picture), so I have had to link to them instead, hope that's okay (or if a kind mod could edit them in using some techno wizardry...)

Camera phones arnt the best and since I haven't written anything up due to home life getting hectic I'll be without backstory for my guy sadly sad.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10198/gallery_33656_10198_413099.jpg

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10198/gallery_33656_10198_63756.jpg

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10198/gallery_33656_10198_261777.jpg

Hope that's okay as an entry

Bah I appear to have linked the same picture 3 times in an amazing feat of stupidity... help!

And yeah, kinda. Its a very mottled blue over all the fatigues, then grey/white tiger stripes (I think they are called). Was originally going to copy the old scholl bluey grey urban cammo for cadians but liked this better

Here's my Arco

16962739356_b9c79598aa_z_d.jpg

16962739426_c1bfefbb3c_z_d.jpg

16962739656_6e4036e9f6_z_d.jpg

16962739666_0245dc49fa_z_d.jpg

Edit - 8 mins late? I blame plodding can above. Also, forgot my text:

+++ Asset files : Inquisitor Kilofix +++

++ Arco-Flagellant designate : <Subject 314-3R0> ++

++ Previous designate : <Expunged> ++

++ Activation codes : <Classified> ++

++ Service tenure : 102 standard years ++

+ Class D neural inhibitors +

+ Command set : BBBYY +

+ Stimuli : Accelerai, Corpus Obmulen +

+ Emergency induction : Evicerine +

+ High / Low pressure environment operational +

+ Lift capable 2 standard tons +

+ Grip strength 5,000 PSI +

+ Pneumatic ad-carbide drill 2000 RPM +

+ Searchlight 40,000 lumens +

+ Model X44-9 auxiliary vid-feed servo skull +

+ Litany of the gentle conveyor +

+ Litany of the raging demolisher +

+ Purity seal Sanctus Tres +

+ Vaccination tag 112-6 +

++ Usually plays well with others ++

++ Service record : 408 soft target terminations, 34 hard target terminations, 211 miscellaneous aquatic life form terminations, 12 undetermined terminations ; 9 blue incidents ; 236 successful conveyances ; 18 capture the flag wins ++

+++ End Record +++

Another Edit - Forgot the before pic:

16962739756_b2f01033cb_z_d.jpg

It is an inspired bit of kit bashing and converting, it's almost a game to spot where all the pieces came from!

List of bits used:

AM - Nork Dreaddog - Body / Base

AM - Valkyrie Crew Shoulder Pads as Knee Pads

SM - Venerable Dreadnought Purity Seals

SM - Venerable Dreadnought Center Plate as Head Cowl (upside down & reversed)

CSM - Rhino Searchlight as Inner Helmet / Head

CSM - Terminator Shoulder Pads

AM - Ogryn Shoulder Pad as Rear Cowl

Skaven - Stormfiend Backpack Tanks

Skaven - Stormfiend Cabling as Front Mesh / Grill

Skaven - Stormfiend Filter as Searchlight

AM - Sentinel Plasma Coupling as Tank Cabling

Orks - Killer Kan Drill Arm

CSM - DV Cultist Backpack as Belt Toolkit

SM - Devestator Squad Servo Skull

AM - Chimera Jerry Can

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s565/nick_buchanan1/2f860d7c-6eaa-49c1-afa4-58482d819e9d_zpsgfseitwj.jpg

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s565/nick_buchanan1/image.jpg2_zpspwwoqtcr.jpg

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s565/nick_buchanan1/image.jpg3_zpsoaxlrpdl.jpg

Ol' Hank the boarhound and Lee "Lefty" Chisholm, Sergeant 27th Etehoma Rifles Free Company. Seconded to Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Kon Tormelion.

Fluff.

"You think these boys can hang boss?" Pero asked sliding the data slate toward the center of the table.

"Etehoma is supposed to make Catachan look like a spa resort." Tormelion replied.

Pero spat tobacco toward the corner and leveled a grave look at his employer. "Job we do ain't no regular Gaurd hitch. No matter how nasty the swamp you was raised in."

"These guardsmen aren't fighting just because they've been ordered to Pero. These men are fighting for the chance to muster out. That's what the Free Companys are, a ticket home. Most of them never make. But I figure if their Guard careers are coming to an end, why not let them go out on a high note. In service to the Emperor's Holy Inquisition."

Pero stood and turned toward the door. "You know something boss?"

"What's that?"

"You're a real :cuss: sometimes."

Tormelion smirked, "yeah I am."

Pero left. In the instant the door was open Tormelion thought he could make out the sound of a shuttle far in the distance. He looked over the roster of men he had seconded from the Etehoman Regiment. A squad of ten and one mutt hound dog.

"Freedom's never free boys. Never free." Kon Tormelion thought out loud before rising and walking to the window.

I thought I had taken a wip shot of these two but I have failed to find it. My bad.

• 3 months later...

Sadly my update was lost due to coming back from the backup, so forgive me if I don't type it all out again (can't quite remember it all anyway!). Nico is rather busy at the moment so I'm filling in for him to complete the second challenge. By the vote we have a winner: Kier with 30% of the total!

Here is his winning model:

gallery_63428_7083_17814.jpg

This means Kier gets to flaunt the rarest and therefore surely the most coveted of B&C awards in the Inquisitorial rosette:

gallery_30308_9518_3186.png

This is the code with which to display your authority in your sig:

Hidden Content
http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_3186.png

It was a good competition with a variety of models only possible from His most Holy Inquisition! It has given me some ideas so I will surely be returning for inspiration when I add some more Inquisitorial henchmen to my collection. What's better than a single and unique model to give you an exciting break from the run of the mill hobby work? smile.png

Archived