~Paz's workbench, Fort Pykman DW vet. p.8

paz

That bloody base on "The Wrath" is BRUTAL.  Love the sculpting work, especially combined with your vibrant, visceral painting style.  Are you doing layered washes, inks, or some form of varnish?  I can't imagine exactly how you get that shiny finish.

Thanks for all the kind words brothers!

The red bases are actually pretty simple. It's a bright red base, then GW technical paont blood all up in there.

I found it almost too shiny, so a quick Matt varnish after the fact calms the blood down a touch

Thanks brother!

It's "natural steel" from Vallejo, over a base of natural steel and stormvermin brown (gw)

Then I wash with nuln oil, blue wash and finally typhus corrosion for dirt in the crevices. Final is edge highlighting with a mix of steel and mithril silver.

Those Vallejo metallics are nuts good.

If you wanted to know :p

Completed alpha legion operative!

Pretty chuffed on the base, worked out well

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/5E0512E2-9893-46B0-9D65-A3A1FCE25B19_zpsqpqa6uzp.jpg

thinking about throwing up an ETL submission before the deadline...

That is an awesome Alpha Legionnaire, really like the chains. Did a chain on one of my Khorne guys the other day, it's harder than it looks!

thinking about throwing up an ETL submission before the deadline...

Do it! It'll be the most fun painting you have all year, plus I'll immortalize you on a Brass Scorpion. What's not to like?

Dragonlover

thanks brothers!

Dragonlover- I have succumbed to the ETL and thrown my lot in over in the age of darkness ETL! excited to participate in my first one. 

Awesome Alpha Legionnaire! I love the base, it has just enough on it to add to the model's atmosphere without taking the focus away from the marine. Good job! What thickness of cork do you use for the rock?

Squad one for ETL done!

Whew that was a doozy of details.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/CF6C2D75-9106-4982-A171-49C2C8D5AEEE_zpslcxlnalm.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/591B3DC1-11FA-41B0-BCAA-8C5DE9E02F1C_zpsjqmivtwl.jpg

Congrats on the completed squad paz! They look great together. The freehand is really impressive and the heat damage on the melta weapons looks great. Recently I've been pretty tempted to have a go at some Alphas and your work is making it that much harder to resist...

Looking forward to some more :tu:

Archived