~Paz's workbench, Fort Pykman DW vet. p.8

paz

Looking good Paz! Love the heat discoloration on the melta.

Edit: Also I wanted to say how much I LOVE the casings on their guns, the matte tan feels Tacticool as hell and original as all get out. Great idea!

Thanks Brother! I was inspired by Migsula's Alpha legion stuff!

That's some AWESOME Alpha Legionnaires!!!

You can mark me down as pretty jealous of those freehanding skills...

It helps that I'm in uni, finishing a BFA right now, so the cost of my freehand abilities is pretty high :p

WHY, WHY, WHY...did no body tell me about this?

Such a shame you had to go to the Heresy too. Your Chaos holds so much promise.

Sorry Forte, the heresy called, I had to answer, the wrath will have to wait for next year!

Very nice AL squad ! The stripe ont the helmet is a superb touch.

Keep them going !

Much appreciated! the helmet stripe was something I always wanted to do, a visual que for alpha legion for a long time. Ended up combining that with the bronzed elements of Armillus Dynat's forces from Paramar.

Ace work on the melta and claws detailing!

Thanks Brother, I was pretty happy with how both of those came out.

Lovely work. I bet those look fab on the tabletop. thumbsup.gif

They will! I have an order from FW Shipping as we speak; an alpha legion contemptor, armillus dynat the harrowmaster, and 10 more marines to add to the vet squads. Now if they could just hurry and make lernaen terminators and alpharius....

A lot little jealous of the size... Of that army and quality as well smile.png

The physical size of the alpha legion?

Best looking Alphas I've seen so far .

Means a lot brother, thanks :)

Moar stuff on the workbench!!

Alpha legion contemptor

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/C58736DC-4783-45C1-A07C-24837D7C565E_zps1ufqirao.jpg

Alpha legion moritat

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/1FEBFFD9-EBA5-4CCE-B1E4-9FC4CA774B26_zpsh6vgf0hx.jpg

OH HELL YEAH!! Dude, that Moritat is pure awesome! The pose is really well done, the chains on the shoulder pads look great and the Eldar blade is a nice touch. I've been meaning to get one of those Eldar blades to use as a trophy weapon for one of my Emperor's Children, maybe a Legion Champion (or more likely a Praetor so that I could use the sword as a Paragon Blade). 

The Contemptor looks great too :tu:

OH HELL YEAH!! Dude, that Moritat is pure awesome! The pose is really well done, the chains on the shoulder pads look great and the Eldar blade is a nice touch. I've been meaning to get one of those Eldar blades to use as a trophy weapon for one of my Emperor's Children, maybe a Legion Champion (or more likely a Praetor so that I could use the sword as a Paragon Blade).

The Contemptor looks great too thumbsup.gif

Thanks Kizz! I thought that XX legion, being buddy buddy with the Cabal, and therefore possibly have access to eldar/alien weaponry. Gunna counts/as a charnarble sabre, assuming he survives the revenge shooting when he unleashes his dual uberfreem pistols :p

I have a few spare wraith swords if'n you need some!

I don't know what a Moritat is but I love that akimbo pose. It's gonna look sweet with that excellent AL scheme, too! happy.png

As Infyrana said, think, lone assassin gunslingers. They can take duel plasma pistols, but I just know I'll roll 1/2's a lot for chain fire, whereas dual Volkite Serpentas means I have the ability (if lucky) to murder an entire squad of non-astartes.

Vel - Moritat is a Consul option that's basically a dual pistol wielding assassin if you like.

Nice job on the brass barrels on your kheres ! Awesome work smile.png

Thanks Brother! I'd like to pretend it was because I wanted stronger barrels, but its because FW only sent me 2/3's of the barrel rods. I'm far too inpatient to wait for replacement, ad I had the perfect size replacement brass rod and drill bit to fit! Actually suprised it worked out so well.

Amazing work, I'm loving the variety of parts that went into that Moritat! :D The chains on the pads really help tie into the Contemptor's style too.

Vel - Moritat is a Consul option that's basically a dual pistol wielding assassin if you like.

Thanks Brother! I'd like to pretend it was because I wanted stronger barrels, but its because FW only sent me 2/3's of the barrel rods. I'm far too inpatient to wait for replacement, ad I had the perfect size replacement brass rod and drill bit to fit! Actually suprised it worked out so well.

May I ask what diameter rod you used? After 2 Kheres assemblies completed and 3 more to do I would love to not have to deal with the resin barrels ever again.

Amazing work, I'm loving the variety of parts that went into that Moritat! biggrin.png The chains on the pads really help tie into the Contemptor's style too.

May I ask what diameter rod you used? After 2 Kheres assemblies completed and 3 more to do I would love to not have to deal with the resin barrels ever again.

Not sure Letsyoudown, I'll take a look when I get home! it was a pin-vice/rod combo I got from p3 at my flgs.

Thanks to the barrel housing and the shape of the gun-head, its a fairly easy conversion!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates brothers, but I came down with a foul xenos sickness, "pneumonia", which really knocked me on my ass for a while.

but I've dragged my sickly corpse to the ol' hobby table to work on some new mk IV marines that just came in (and armillus dynat is coming in soon too, oooh gurrrl).

Here's a vexilla for my vet squad

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/608199B1-4327-4A7F-A272-A863FED2DBF8_zpsap2qtuo8.jpg

One more conversion for the legion! Waiting for replacement brush to come in at my flgs, built this guy:

ALPHA LEGION PRAEVIAN CONSUL, "ALPHARIUS"

-armed with Combi-bolter of unknown design, powerfist, cortex controller rig, bolt pistol and power dagger

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/0195862F-0C33-4465-B09E-F8C250EE4554_zpsjokcve9h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wait! I've been painting like a madman to finish my ETL, and i've kitbashed a destroyer squad for my faithful Moritat. 

I'll have a bunch of stuff to show in the next few days!

Archived