~Paz's workbench, Fort Pykman DW vet. p.8

paz

Really nice conversion work/kit bashing! I've always wanted to build some assassins, but wasn't sure what to use as the base model. Looks like you found the perfect solution.

Looking forward to seeing him painted up :tu:

Beautiful work. Up there with the very best this site has to offer.

Thanks brother, that means a lot!

Nice mix of parts, liking the base also.

Thanks! Keeping with the heresy theme, its gunna be a white scars-poor fellow.

Really nice conversion work/kit bashing! I've always wanted to build some assassins, but wasn't sure what to use as the base model. Looks like you found the perfect solution.

Looking forward to seeing him painted up thumbsup.gif

I'll be running him in a tourney in october, so I'll have em painted up post haste! Plus black is easy to paint tongue.png

Really nice Alpha Legion. They're probably the best I've seen.

Hope to see some tanks down the line.

Me too! I've been on the fence between mk1 deimos and mk2b rhinos, alpha would really use either, but the deimos is so much prettier...

As you or may not notice with the deluge of likes, Paz, I had a bit of catching up to do. That Moritat looks wonderful. smile.png

Haha, I was wondering. Careful or you'll blow all your daily likes!

The moritat actually pulled off a successful chainfire the other day! usually he hits off about 4 before double snake-eyes, but against admech the other day he snapped off 14 hits before overheating! suffice it to say the skitarii player was nonplussed, but choom choom Choom!

man these are bee-u-tee-full. Gorgeous conversions and paintjobs on these guys... almost makes me want to spend all my money on alpha legion lol

As it should tongue.png Hydra dominus brother!

As you or may not notice with the deluge of likes, Paz, I had a bit of catching up to do. That Moritat looks wonderful. smile.png

Haha, I was wondering. Careful or you'll blow all your daily likes!

The moritat actually pulled off a successful chainfire the other day! usually he hits off about 4 before double snake-eyes, but against admech the other day he snapped off 14 hits before overheating! suffice it to say the skitarii player was nonplussed.

Good news indeed. Give that man a Caliver! :tu:

Amazing Alpha Legion. Pure pleasure to go through this thread and gaze at the pictures.

I checked out your website (which is filled with cool stufd) and couldn't find the tutorial for how you paint the armour that you mentioned a few pages back. Any chance you could post it here or put it back up again on your site?

Amazing Alpha Legion. Pure pleasure to go through this thread and gaze at the pictures.

I checked out your website (which is filled with cool stufd) and couldn't find the tutorial for how you paint the armour that you mentioned a few pages back. Any chance you could post it here or put it back up again on your site?

I took it off my website (after the reddit fiasco).

It's up in the b&c painting tutorial section :)

Reddit fiasco? 

The assassin is fantastic! The only thing, I'm not sold on is the skull, it looks too small to be a helmet, and looks more like his actual skull, that may be the difference in material colour though. 

Minor critique though.

Look forward to the next instalment :)

Reddit fiasco?

The assassin is fantastic! The only thing, I'm not sold on is the skull, it looks too small to be a helmet, and looks more like his actual skull, that may be the difference in material colour though.

Minor critique though.

Look forward to the next instalment smile.png

Thanks Sheep! I'll look at maybe bulking up his helmet a bit, I can see what you mean about the size. He got completed murdercated in his first test game against dark eldar, turns out assassins don't have eternal warrior, and he (ironically) got fatally injected by a grotesque. I like to imagine the beast stabbed him with a bubbling syringe, which shifted his crazy metabolism and caused him to explode instantly, laughing maniacally the whole time :p

The reddit fiasco was when I was starting to get involved in the warhammer subreddit. I posted some of my alpha legion, and some subreddit members asked me for a tut, so I made the current one. I (mistakenly it turns out) posted this via a link to my website. A few days later I got banned, no notice. When I asked why (im not exactly used to getting banned) i was given this response: "if you can tell us why you were banned for these three posts, we can talk about letting you back in again. ie please search around for this random thing you might have done then beg us to use a frickin content driven subreddit.

I told this douche to stuff it, he told me to "go to hell" (he used more childish and flowery language than that) and a bunch of other offensive, neckbeardy bs.

I took all my linkable stuff down after that, I didn't want to be involved in such a nasty environment run by basement dwelling troll-beasts.

Then I got involved in B&C, and it was like finding paradise!

tl-dr= reddit is full of dicks, B&C is way better, I took my stuff down so d-bags from reddit couldnt benefit in any way from my work.

confused.gif

Reddit fiasco?

That's what I was thinking. What Reddit fiasco? huh.png

As above, I still somehow get butthurt by turds on the net, even though I should know better happy.png

Reddit fiasco?

That's what I was thinking. What Reddit fiasco? huh.png

Another one wondering about this. Reddit fiasco? huh.png

as above!

I'm really glad i found this page. You have some very very nice stuff on show here.

I might need to pick your brains at some point down the line regarding some of your work.

No problem, anytime! smile.png

tl-dr= reddit is full of dicks, B&C is way better, I took my stuff down so d-bags from reddit couldnt benefit in any way from my work.

confused.gif

Ah yes. Reddit's infamously draconian (read; bloody awful) Mods. Unfortunately I've heard of such instances from several sub-reddits over the years. Well, it's their loss. We're glad to have you here, paz.

The B&C is love, the B&C is life.

Sorry to hear about that, Reddit is overrated.

The helmet thing is a really minor gripe, maybe his head was flensed of flesh in a particularly harrowing assassination mission? Either way, I look forward to seeing it painted smile.png

• 4 weeks later...
Whats this, a painting update? Oh, it must be for some Alpha legion or maybe daemonkWRONG.

Confession time: almost everyone in my local group doesnt play 30k (most are waiting for the plastics to come out. I was hoping I could cross-pollinate, but 30k and 40k do not mesh my brothers. I get crushed urrytime. Hard to stay motivated when you are losing urryday.

So, what do? I dont want to give up on alpha, but I also have a bunch of skitarii ive been collecting, and they need some sweet vehicular action. 

Simple answer, phase b of marine plans: BADAB. I've always loved sons of medusa fluff (moirae schism so cool) and color scheme.

So, its time to get painting again, and set alpha legion aside (until that foretold plastic box set comes out!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/D58EE2D7-62B9-4EAF-B883-0FFC3C299A6C_zpsbxm5xibm.jpg

PURGE THE WEAK

"...During the assault on Badab Primaris, of which the Sons of Medusa Clan Atropos was significantly involved, necro-cortical transcripts speak of strange sightings at the forge thanes of Armanneus Valthex, Astral Claws Master of the Forge. Pic-captures at the time show Medusan emerald-hued Astartes accompanied by strange ice-blue armored skitarii, (who bore a striking resemblance to the Forge-livery of Forgeworld Miorae, though this would be impossible) carrying out unknown operations above and beyond their remit. Post-Badab, The Local Mechanicus representatives petitioned the Ordo Hereticus to investigate Clan Atrapos, but no formal inquiry was filed, most likely owing to the logistical nightmare Badab placed on the shoulders of the local Imperial authorities, and the near-total annihilation of any proof the Adeptus Mechanicus might have of Moirae cults following the planetary devastation of Badab.“

-Report of Historian-adept Bellicar Morrd, Mysteries of the Badab Schism, 3rd edition

Brother-sergeant Medric Aegthern, 

3rd Cog, Clan Atropos, Sons of Medusa Chapter

cited for fortitude, Assault on Badab Primaris

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/D44C3EE8-0F0D-4702-9149-7CFAD7C9D72A_zpsqn6muinn.jpg

Vanguard Alpha Phi-Tra, 

3rd cohort of the 11th Tetragrammaton, Moirae Remnants,

Medusan Asteroidal fortress, Taelus System

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/30303D3C-5B99-4DF6-BF09-B4462406AB02_zpsqdtfxmh5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/C768E698-DB92-403F-BCD7-3F5BEF2896EB_zpsjmsgey2n.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/CEC5611C-12B5-48B2-989F-27DB9A2A0B05_zpshwrf0tgw.jpg

Wow really cool minis. I really like the skin tones especially the spots on Alpha Phi-Tras head. thumbsup.gif

Thanks Kreigs! I was going for rad-damaged skin for my rad-troopers. So rad.

If you ever have the time/inclination, can you please share your recipe/technique for painting your orange/yellow power weapons?

I'll take a look at my painting journal when I get home and grab that scheme for you brother. Yes, that's right, I keep a painting journal. cool.png

Archived