1600 - Coils of the Hydra

ItsPug

Looking for some feedback on the following list please

Detachment: Strategic Raid - Attacker

Rite of War: Coils of the Hydra

HQ1: Autilon Skorr (125)

Elite1: Rapier Weapons Battery, 3 Quad Mortars (180)

Elite2: Rapier Weapons Battery, 3 Quad Mortars (180)

Elite3: Veteran Tactical Squad, 10 men, 2 Melta Guns, Melta Bombs (255)

Elite4: Veteran Tactical Squad, 10 men, 2 Melta Guns, Melta Bombs (255)

Elite5: Pyroclast Squad, 5 men (160) in Transport 1

Troop1: Tactical Squad, 10 men (150)

Transport1: Land Raider Proteus, Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Augury Web (275)

I've 20 points left to spend, should I give the Veterans a combi melta each? Or upgrade the tactical sqaud with a power fist and dagger?

With infiltrate as my choice for mutable tactics I should be able to deploy last, and fairly close, while still going first, and due to the formation and rite, I should be able to seize at least 75% of the time, while reducing my opponents reserves to arriving on a 6. The combination of mutable tactics, veteran tactics, choosing a strategic warlord trait and choosing one of the rules for an element of surprise, should allow me to tailor the army on the fly to my opponent, even if there are nastier units I could take instead.

Actually, wait a second. I was right first time.

Coils of the Hyrda is a Rite of War which requires you to take 3 compulsory Troop choices. That character has a seperate Rite of War that makes veterans into Troops. You can't take both. You either take his Rite of War and lose mass infiltration or you take Coils of the Hydra and have to field more Troops.

Apologies for spamming :/

Being the attacker in a strategic raid has the following FOC

Compulsory 1 HQ, 2 Elite

Optional +2 HQ, +4 Elite, +4 Troop, +4 Fast Attack, +2 Heavy Support

The elites choices are scoring/objective secured, while the troops choices are not. plus I can choose to have one of the following, nightfighting turn 1 (and turn 2 on a 4+), infiltrate D3+2 units, or rerollthe dice to go first and seize on a 4+

Due to Coils of the Hydra requiring an extra compulsory Troops choice I need to have 1 HQ, 2 Elite and 1 Troop choice

Archived