Haha does licking your brush to get a good point count? Me I'm sustained by my faith in the immortal emperor of mankind...and some knor chicken soup ☺

Good to be back smile.png Made progress on my bases and cut and glued 25 tiny aquilla from FW brass etch series. Also finished my custom decals though not sure if these should go on the back plate or the chest,would welcome your thoughts...

Bases

Aquila

Squad markings

Decals

<edit: tidied pics>

I think the 2nd pic is of the arms with the gold aquila on the shoulder pad. Is that correct?

Is the animal decal on the 3rd pic a ram?

I'm liking the tartan effect. Looks fiddly to do but the results are worth it!!!

Spot on SW1,tiny FW eagles, which are sharp as well as fiddly but happy with the look.

The animal is actually a pictish beast, you find that same carving on stones around Angus and Fife, which is the traditional heartland of the pictish Kingdom from the roman era. Lots of arguments about what it really is, sea horse, kelpie etc but unlike other animal carvings that vary stone by stone this one is always carved the same way leading folks to think is more of an iconic animal totem than a real animal.

Yeah really happy with the tartan, only have 5 more to do plus the 4 taurox crew so very nearly done on those. Then it's the special weapons, 2 MGs, 4 PGs and the bagpipes and I'm done.

First game with the fully painted force is Thursday next so will make sure and take my camera for some pics.

May have taken the plunge and bought some drop sentinels as my next addition and considering swapping the cmd chimera for another taurox, this time using the zinge industries kit.

• 3 months later...
Hey folks,

So it's been a while, got sidetracked a bit into a Mordheim campaign and a few other things including playing a few games with my first 500pts.

I'll make sure and post some pics of my battle ready vets and vehicles but thought i'd add a small WIP on my Drop Sentinels - fully plan on magnetising these and making up another squadron using the standard variants - defo getting some autocannons so I can field as scouts/armoured/drop depending on the game at hand :).

Ended up doing some head swaps on the Elysian pilots - tried pretty hard to get a full pilot in there but the extra detail from forgeworld and the smaller scale meant i couldn't get and GW or Vic torsos to fit unless i didn't add arms - which are reasonably important for piloting vehicles :).

Pilots

Really happy with the look - GS'd a bit of extra hose for the breather and replaced a face mask on one as well - just need some goggles for the last pilot and they'll be done.

The sentinels are mounted on SW blasted wetlands bases - dry fits for now as lots of detail to paint but happy with the poses - the legs in the FW kit are static so tricky to get varied stance without lots of hacking but think i did ok.

Sentinel 1

Sentinel 2

Sentinel 3

As always C&C very welcome,

The Emperor Protects!

Should finish the build on the other 2 tonight and spray tomorrow. Should I set a deadline to complete, probably, how's about a week Thursday in time for my first game at 750 points - consider it an oath of moment herr commissar o7

Archived