Bring it down! Facing down knight titans in 30k

Brofist

Re: Iron Hands Support Squad

I'm interested in trying Gravs against knights. For the cost of 5 meltas you get about 7 shots instead. Since knights are so big, you have a good chance to hitting it even if it deviates. That means you don't need to spend points to give the squad BS5. The range is only 18" and it's heavy, so it'll be more tricky.

Edited by Bulbafist

How you get past Heavy is question I'm yet to work out. With a 12" Move, you'll be lucky to catch, and you'll definitely be within range of getting assaulted (which is the worst place possible for the Support squad).

If you're going to do it, putting it on a Land Speeder Squadron is likely better. Although more expensive you do get Relentless. Gorgonators get that as well, but are limited to 2, and lose their FNP against Melta and their melee weapons.

How you get past Heavy is question I'm yet to work out. With a 12" Move, you'll be lucky to catch, and you'll definitely be within range of getting assaulted (which is the worst place possible for the Support squad).

If you're going to do it, putting it on a Land Speeder Squadron is likely better. Although more expensive you do get Relentless. Gorgonators get that as well, but are limited to 2, and lose their FNP against Melta and their melee weapons.

They do not lose FnP against melta weapons of S8, being Iron Hands.

Gorgonators (I love that and am stealing it) with a pair of them and a Grav Gauntlet IC could rip off a good few HP easy before they pile into fight (if you do decide to go that way).

Thought the Knights Melta was S9? If not fair play.

Thought the Knights Melta was S9? If not fair play.

Oh, you mean the melta cannon? Yeah it's S9. 

• 5 years later...