Blood Angels & Skitarii

LutherMax

Agreed, they got the majority of prices right but the Ironstriders are way overpriced. I won't gripe about 66 bucks for the Dunecrawler since it's essentially a Defiler kit, but the Ironstriders should have been 40, max.

That said, who wants to play space elves, anyway? tongue.png

Agreed, they got the majority of prices right but the Ironstriders are way overpriced. I won't gripe about 66 bucks for the Dunecrawler since it's essentially a Defiler kit, but the Ironstriders should have been 40, max.

Exactly, go get buying your manly forces with BA or SW. Even cheaper, more fullfilling and even more cash for that nice girl down the street :D

With the standard 3rd party 20% off the Ironstriders are ok I wish they were more compact and came in boxes of 3 though, like *shudder* space elf war walkers....

AFAIK there's only one War Walker per box, much like Dreads and Sentinels. Still, too expensive when you consider that most people just up to field three Sents, up to three WW or one or two Dreads, but you are expected to run at least 6 chickens since they need the numbers.

Yeah for sure. I thought there was a triple box but it's just a bundle online, 3 war walkers for £47.50,actually a great deal when individuals cost £18.50!

• 2 weeks later...

So I've got the codex and some Rangers and I'm looking forward to trying them out as fire support to my assault focused Blood Angels. At first I was disappointed to read their BS4 stat, but then I discovered the Doctrina Imperative - so I can increase that to 5, 6, or even 7 for one turn respectively. And if they're likely to get assaulted I can do the same with WS for a turn. Awesome!

The galvanic rifles are good with 30" range too so I can keep them out of the way. My question is, what weapon upgrades should I give the unit? It will be 10-strong so I can give the sarge something and three other Rangers. I definitely want to keep the range so I guess something with more punch, maybe a template or two.

Rangers are nice with the snipers or the Arcs to try and glance/ haywire to death.

Big fan of the Vanguard with 3 Cavaliers and the ultra relic pistol on the Alpha in an allied drop pod using the +2 imperative. +3 if you are paranoid. Minimise over heat, maximise alpha plasma pain. Crisis suits/ Nob Bikers, Wraith-whatever begone!

Something just occurred to me. Doesn't an allied detachment have to have min 1x HQ and 2x Troops? There are no Skitarii HQ units in the codex so how does that work?!

You take a Skitarii Maniple Detachment :) min requirement 2 troops and everything gets scout!

OR one of the Many formations!

Archived