Martox thread of wip'ness

Martox

Since it appears my net connection is being violated by my flatmates and I can't play DotA (probably a good thing..), I got some more work on a couple things. First, the Standard Bearer nears completion:

Still some detailing and tidying up to do, but he's getting there slowly. It doesn't help when this turned up last week:

I love the Kytan. Such an awesome kit. Arms and torso are magnetised for ease of transport. Still got some gap filling along the sides to do where the resin doesn't quite meet the plastic components. I'm also considering how I could add the spare 'hip' plates from the LoS kit to make it look that little bit bulkier.

C&C as always welcome.

Evening all,

A couple evenings work, still need to remove some of the chainmail under armour in favour of the ribbing of a power armour undersuit. On the painting front, some airbrush paints I'd ordered have turned up so I'm thinking of getting the Kytan on the spray bench soon. Regretting gluing the armour plates onto the legs now, as it could prove problematic later on.

I see what you are doing but they still look too much like AoS Khorne. It's like when people do a head swap and add a backpack to a AoS 'sigmarine'.

I would recommend making the back of the "power armor" look more like the front. Because right now it's highly augmented and ornate front armor over standard marine armor. Then again marine armor is fairly distinct even when changed by chaos, so I'm not sure even changing anything would make it resemble anything. Other than AoS. I'd just harvest parts.

• 2 months later...

Rise up, dead thread - Khorne wills it!

Little bit of threadromancy, but methinks it's better to resurrect my dead thread rather than start new. It is the same force, after all.

Took a bit of a hiatus (again. There's a pattern here, somewhere) to do other things (read - Chaos Knight, Blender, Steam Workshop and a boatload of annoyance.) however I return with a recent completion. A little uncertain of it, however.

This is a 'classic' scaled Berzerker Champion. I say classic as it's not the new True scale of terminator parts, rather plasticard spacers. I say I'm uncertain of it as, as you can see, I've included AoS Khorne parts, namely the arms, which may be throwing the proportions out. I've bulked the legs up a bit to bulk the legs up a bit but I'm not sure if I need to add some more to keep the proportions correct.

C&C greatly appreciated here.

Cheers folks.

Archived