PowerFisted: Traitor Sagyar Mazan, The Blazing Suns + other (5.1 general annoucement)

From concept to complete! Sometimes a project just... comes together by itself, the bits flow and it takes its form fast as, like belonged together from the start. Pretty proud of how this turned out.

HYWk8Cl.jpg

46MtSju.jpg

KvVG0SX.jpg

si4fMiQ.jpg

WOCzf6z.jpg

e3P57zS.jpg

z7v4n7H.jpg

Edited by Brofist

• 5 weeks later...

'Aight. Here's my finalized scheme for my traitor scars! It captures the feeling I was going for. At least to me, it also ended up with a slaaneshy feeling, which was a pleasant surprise. I experimented with a bunch of lens and top knot variations, but in the end settled on plain old black as it kept things within a dark, grim, palette. My final models should be a bit more clean and I'll push the saturation a bit. Overall very happy!

Last call for feedback before I paint a bunch of these!

KpnZF8K.jpg
doJp3ra.jpg

m2o9qkU.jpg

K0jlEb4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

A cyber vulture ?! :wub:

I strongly believe the “Love” button was implemented just for this !:biggrin:

That’s cool as hell and totally keeping with the WS theme - would you mind sharing what bits you used ?

Given the mercurial tendencies of the WS and the obvious loyalty of your force, I’d imagine they’d name it after something inspiring and ever vigilant …you know, something like “Malcador” or “Rogal”  :whistling:

On 11/19/2022 at 12:29 PM, Brofist said:

From concept to complete! Sometimes a project just... comes together by itself, the bits flow and it takes its form fast as, like belonged together from the start. Pretty proud of how this turned out.

KvVG0SX.jpg

That guy's awesome - I'd been wondering recently about attaching contemptor shoulders/weapon mounts to a castraferrum to allow a greater range of loadouts, so it's nice to see it works - did you mag the shoulders to the torso also?

I just pinned it, honestly easier than magnets sometimes. I think you could also magnetize it pretty easily, you'll just need putty to build out the hole inside the old school dreadnought shoulder. The contemptor shoulders doesn't reach far enough into it- that's why I used a pin, but if you're serious you can build it out and throw in a magnet or two

Just wanna thank you all for the kind words and support. I've been painting nonstop over the last week and despite the crunch, its been one of my most favorite things to paint. The scheme is fun to work with and the models are lovely. The dreadnought in particular might be my favorite thing I've ever worked on... just paints so fast, so easy, and looks so good!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be touching up my WS and posting close ups over the coming weeks. Meanwhile, I have some completed HQs to share with you! Here's my High Priest, who I'll run as either a stormseer or chaplain. The backpacks are magnetized so I can swap them around depending on my list.

BaOTs9W.jpg

Z6f9KXQ.jpg

acnTxhu.jpg

xcOCmx4.jpg

3n3KntC.jpg

5s0emVd.jpg

Man, the High Priest is one of the best models I've seen. You've really struck the balance between the 30k aesthetic and chaos here. He can still be easily placed in the time line, but having taken up cursed artefacts and disregarded the 'rules' for how he should look, taking on a new aspect to suit his role and beliefs.

• 2 weeks later...

At peak winter on Chogoris, where the unforgiving sands of Yi'ijdi crash into the rocky sea, the winds shift for one night to reveal sun bleached ruins. Amid this desolate expanse, the last of the free dune riders gather in the place of their forefathers, sweet scented smoke rising high above a riff-filled land. It is here, the oldest of the storm witches whisper, that the forgotten sons lie scattered. For one night, with help from old magics, these hidden histories are exchanged between deep coughs. Dark legends openly remembered, as revered as any atop Mount Kardunn.

Crimson eyed, a desert son, was the noyan-khan of this brotherhood of blazing suns. Born of the sand and not the steppe, prodigious in strength and temperament even amongst his brothers, his lot was that of a disciple of the sun, never to match the nature of those from more forgiving lands. Devoted to the ancient way, creedsman of spirit, bong, and blade, it is said he was tested by heaven, but did not yield, choosing to wander blind than be caged as a beast.

To his foes- harsh, unforgiving, and relentless as the desert sun. To his great khan and clan- warm and sure as the sunrise. To see a strike from his great blade was to be kissed by a thunderclap. To witness his keshik ride was be enveloped by a simoom. To commune with his seers was to be blessed with divine vision. Amongst this horde honor was paltry unless earned, disrespects to be confronted, trusts to be earned, and magics respected as deep wisdoms. Surrounded by smoke riders of similar disposition, their armor was decorated in the old way, ritualistic, with wards, glyphs, and totems of respect that appeased the most primal of spirits.

These attitudes would be tested by those beyond Chogoris, those blind to the way, who would demand conformity, unrequited obedience, and ignorance toward the old truths. To these outsiders, such interpretations towards the path of heaven were too dangerous, such virtues too flexible, and such spiritualism too simpleminded. An increasing number of incidents while in the company of outsiders would culminate in a great disrespect, a brotherhood nearly coming to blows with others from distant stars, relations frayed irrevocably, water spilled when composure was needed. Scorched, embittered, but unashamed, they would be exonerated by the Khagan, to be unleashed toward the furthest of stars.

Some say they did not journey alone, finding company with other untouchables who had cast shadows upon Nikaea. Others claim they were daughters of anathema, who guided them on dark missions beyond the veil. Others assert that it was the sons of red giants, who took interest in their customs and damned them with knowledge of primordial ways. The truth is incomprehensibly complex as it is mysterious, impossible to understand from suppressed oral traditions and fragments of hazy pict-captures.

'The Forgotten Sons', 'The Blazed Ones', 'The Damned Mazan', 'The Sun Travelers'- such monikers would accompany depictions of warriors fighting on either side of the great conflict, before and after its climax, in warzones across its length and breadth. Chogorian armor adorned in twisted glyphs, carrying shields with daemonic faces, smoke rising high above crimson eyes. Scattered and atoned by the sand. Or so say the last of the free dune riders.

img%5D
img%5D
img%5D
img%5D
WG5FNXk.jpg

r6AP9fZ.jpg

Finally complete!

• 1 month later...