PowerFisted: Traitor Sagyar Mazan, The Blazing Suns + other (5.1 general annoucement)

Thanks so much guys. I started reading scars while working on these and its been making me wanna do a proper army after this ZM force.

Now with riders

pSlEFh0.jpg

hey man, those look awesome! do you have a link to the Stl for the mkii riders?

Man, it looks like I lost the link somewhere :sad.: It was a free download from cults3d, taken from a jetbike iirc

• 4 weeks later...

Creedsman of bong and blade, sagyar mazan vision bringer from the riff-filled planes of chogoris. Redacted and expunged are his twisted tales, unleashed from the path of heaven, free to maraud humankind's darkest hour.

EcH6j6p.jpg

Edited by Brofist

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to figure out my colors now. Practicing my white. I wanna give them black helmets to make them a bit non traditional. It might not work out, but I'm gonna try to to make it a very dark SoH type green to play up the traitor angle.

ECimcKf.jpg

5d1MrkU.jpg

Feels good to paint again :)

• 2 months later...

I've been quiet because I've been painting... pushing myself and trying new things. I set a time limit for myself- gotta wrap up by the end of this month and start full on production of this army. Here's where I'm at right now with the base color:

FgRh3g0.jpg

Hey thanks! My recipie has some exotic elements, but you can approximate:

• Prime and basecoat black
  • Vallejo hull red into the shadows (cool, brownish red color)
  • P3 cryx bane into the mid tones (cool, dark greenish grey color)
  • White ink mixed with matte medium highlights (build up the color gradually from the mid tones to the highlights)
  • Seal with gloss varnish
  • Mix a burnt sienna oil wash (basically a dark warm brown) which I spray into the shadows and then give it a tiny misting from the top as a filter effect
  • Once dry, I mix a super thin black oil wash with a touch of dark green, I pin wash the model a few times to build up the effect
  • Extreme highlights with oil titanium white