Starting Out 3: Sicarian Infiltrators and Ruststalkers

I think the big problem for the Ruststalkers is really just their lack of utility rules.  They're definitely very flexible (with claws/razors) and are cheaper than Infiltrators, but having to walk across the field is a big problem for them.  The Scout re-deploy from the Skitarii Maniple can help, but they're still prone to getting shot up before they can get to combat, which is really the primary weakness of Sicarians in general.  Infiltrators, by comparison, come pre-loaded with deployment options (being able to Infiltrate and Outlflank) in addition to the Scout move from the Skitarii Maniple, but also boast Stealth to give them better ranged survival (though Ignores Cover is a problem).

For me, though, the biggest selling point for the Infiltrators is their shooting attack.  It means that they are never simply standing around waiting for a charge that might never come.  If you're deployed them correctly, Infiltrators can be doing damage from turn 1.

I don't think that's really a problem with the speed of the rust stalker. there's no clear winner imo it all comes down to how you build your army and your personal play style

• 1 month later...

Maybe I missed something but I just can't understand why you would go full cc with them. With I3, you will rarely hit first and we can't hide the fact you will lose models before hitting the enemy. They have a lot of potential but I3 kills it all for me. Did I miss something

Maybe I missed something but I just can't understand why you would go full cc with them. With I3, you will rarely hit first and we can't hide the fact you will lose models before hitting the enemy. They have a lot of potential but I3 kills it all for me. Did I miss something

Jep, you missed that they are Ini 4 msn-wink.gifmsn-wink.gif

Archived