Warlord Sighted :D

MaulerUK

Yeah, I'd say this is as good a place as any for this thread. It is a God-Machine after all. But yes, it's a good marriage of old stylings and the newer re-imagined look (Reaver, Knights, etc). I wonder who will be the first B&C member to own one? 

I'm on the fence... while I'm glad the Warlord is coming back from its vacation since the first Apocalypse book, what I've seen of the model just doesn't do it for me.  It's a great interpretation of the original Warlord model, don't get me wrong.  I'm just a much bigger fan of the newer Lucius-pattern Warlord over the older Mars-pattern.  I know that the former has no business in Horus Heresy, so it's no surprise that they went with the latter.

I am a bit surprised that this news comes less than 12 hours after I crawled through the old Apocalpyse and Imperial Armour books to update the original Warlord entry for 7th Edition.  I guess I can throw that out!

I know that the former has no business in Horus Heresy, so it's no surprise that they went with the latter.

the problem is that the lucius pattern warhound doesn't sell well (and with the lore presented in Codex.Skitarii, it looks like the Lucius patterns are mostly Legio Astorum only now, as they are able to teleport  :P)

the problem is that the lucius pattern warhound doesn't sell well (and with the lore presented in Codex.Skitarii, it looks like the Lucius patterns are mostly Legio Astorum only now, as they are able to teleport tongue.png)

Well, put the Lucius-pattern Warhound and the Mars-pattern Warhound next to each other and it's really no surprise. I like the Mars-pattern Warhound better myself. In this case, it's more an issue of the Lucius-pattern not being present during the Horus Heresy - originally, the Lucian-patterns were newer and the last true innovations by the Mechanicus, while the Mars-patterns were older and better. I chalk that up to being the same reason that we have a Mars-pattern Reaver but no Lucian-pattern. The Lucian-pattern Warhound was released prior to the Horus Heresy series, and it's unpopularity could also be attributed to it being out of place in that era.

The Lucian-pattern Warlord was by far the most popular in Epic when I stumbled into the hobby, was the focus of all the major Titan-related artwork (save for the cover of Honour to the Dead) and was the basis for the original Titan graphic novel. So, I'm somewhat attached to the Lucius-pattern as being the definitive Warlord Titan. msn-wink.gif

Nice redesign of the classic!
If i had the money, and had already got a warhound (as i always loved the warhounds since seeing that illustration in the Adeptus Titamicus rulebook) i would absolutely be buying that.

Personally i never liked the Lucius stuff, i only grew to kinda like the lucius warlord thanks to the comic. My other friends into Epic at the time either liked the original warlords or the unreleased metal original warlords or the in-between box-shouldered skull-faced warlord.

I really like what Forgeworld has done with this so far. I'm eager to see it from some other angles. Pity i won't be able to afford one.

Archived