Well as some of you know I am about to start a 40k/Rogue Trader Campaign and have been busy assembling the assorted forces for this epic series of battles. However all armies need some terrain to fight over and so I have been using the campaign as an excuse to expand my scenery collection. 

A quick dig through my piles of plastic revealed this little gem that I had bought some years ago from GW...

blogger-image--682524388.jpg

Like so many models it had been assembled, undercoated and then thrown into a box to wallow. However on seeing it again my imagination was immediately piqued and I scuttled back to the paint station with images of daring rescue/salvage missions playing through my mind.

blogger-image-631609809.jpg

The terrain itself was painted to fit in with my existing pieces whilst the Rhino was painted in the colours of my large Crimson Fist Army:

blogger-image-1977125817.jpg

Overall I painted this as a side project whilst painting other models and it took me about an afternoon to complete which was pretty speedy.

blogger-image-1276474925.jpg

I am really pleased with how it turned out overall, and I can't wait to get some models fighting over it soon.

As ever there is a bit more detail and a few more photos on my blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/campaign-terrain-crashed-rhino.html

Very cool. Love it when people post well painted terrain. Definitely a neglected but super important part of the tobby! :)

great work.

Cheers mate! I initially considered just splodging some brown on it, then a few quick dry brushes for a rust effect, but then I thought it would be great to spend a little bit more time on it and really tie it into my army!

I think when I use it in games with my Crimson Fists in that it will be worth the effort.

Awesome job. I really hope I can pi some time into a good table with scenery like that.

Also, dig the necromundans, I have about a dozen from the same gang I'm using in my IG platoons.

Cheers mate! I have to say the games are much more fun when you have some decent scenery to play over, it really adds to the whole experience.

Cheers mate, these guys are destined to also become a Guard/PDF auxiliary unit and occasionally a genestealer cult. They're really good because I can use them pretty much for anything!!

I had lucked out big time with them. Bought enough for a dozen IG, and 28 cultists at around 50 cents a blister pack when a local comic shop closed down...

I think I will finish an old project of a wrecked land speeder...

Man that is massively lucky! I envy your good luck! I wish that stuff would happen to me!

That is one of my most favorite pieces of terrain.  I painted mine up but the rhino I did in yellow.  I keep having trouble with the side rhino piece falling off.  Good work!

Cheers dude! I think it would look really good in yellow! I know what you mean, that side piece just doesn't seem to fit quite right, I was looking at it this morning thinking it is likely to fall of in the near future

Archived