Horus Heresy Greatest Swordsmen Hall of Fame

Voron

Khârn seems to like his chances against Sigismund (and Amit for that matter) at the end of the 'Butcher's Nails' audio drama, so I guess the matter is far from conceded in universe.

But we know Khârn loses to Sigismund at the Siege of Terra.

Khârn seems to like his chances against Sigismund (and Amit for that matter) at the end of the 'Butcher's Nails' audio drama, so I guess the matter is far from conceded in universe.

And to a Land Raider in "Galaxy in Flames"

But in seriousness, in-game, even with Gorechild 30k Khârn doesn't stand up to Sigismund very well :(

He is quite a bit cheaper though! ^_^

Well they both survive the Heresy or is Khârns first death during the siege?

Yeah it is. Previously it's been said that he fell during the assault on the palace walls. But Khorne was unwilling to let such a class act die (or Khârn's just too damn stubborn, can't remember). Some of his saner brothers notice he's not quite dead during the retreat and take him with them, thinking his survival is a sign of Khorne's favour. They then probably regretted this choice when Skalathrax rolled around msn-wink.gif.

But who knows how much of that will survive into the modern series. It certainly wouldn't be the first or biggest retcon we've seen.

Yeah it is. Previously it's been said that he fell during the assault on the palace walls. But Khorne was unwilling to let such a class act die (or Khârn's just too damn stubborn, can't remember). Some of his saner brothers notice he's not quite dead during the retreat and take him with them, thinking his survival is a sign of Khorne's favour. They then probably regretted this choice when Skalathrax rolled around ;).

"E just 'ad to knock some 'eads around to remind da boyz what's theys fightin for, the lazy gitz" ;)

Who knows if Khârn is actually killed by Siggy? I don't think it was set in stone anywhere. If Graham McNiell writes it, Sharrowkyn will likely kill Khârn and flip the bird to Siggy. After that, Sharrokyn will grab the Emperor by his collar and chuck him into space at the Vengeful Spirit after he personally lowers the shield with his super-snowflake-sniper.

I think it would be cool though to see Siggy actually duel one of the Daemon primarchs during the siege just for the cool scene that would invoke.

Archived