+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Sshhhhhhhh Carlson....those pesky other forums will be pushing for that this year if we keep this up lol

@Olis...well done for jumping off that fence mate! That mighty big pile of resin must have cushioned your fall...look forward to seeing you tackle that lot...even though they are Fists grrrrrr

@Strumanchu...glad you could make it even during your move! Top stuff mate ;-)

@Olis...well done for jumping off that fence mate! That mighty big pile of resin must have cushioned your fall...look forward to seeing you tackle that lot...even though they are Fists grrrrrr

Thanks. ^_^

Thing is... I have bitz crossing the Atlantic for this (thank you to Kurgan who I now totally owe one), so some of these models will be waiting longer than the others to be completed. First world problems, eh? :rolleyes:

Question for the community - If i'm aiming for a 'Martian Sands' vibe for my bases, what colour would you recommend (besides Ironearth, which is textured)?

Thanks. ^_^

Thing is... I have bitz crossing the Atlantic for this (thank you to Kurgan who I now totally owe one), so some of these models will be waiting longer than the others to be completed. First world problems, eh? :rolleyes:

Question for the community - If i'm aiming for a 'Martian Sands' vibe for my bases, what colour would you recommend (besides Ironearth, which is textured)?

Check out these Night Lords by a guy called Leoparden. I think the bases look great for a darker Martian vibe. I'll quote how he does them, but you should check it out as it's all awesome and simple. About half way down is how he paints the NL including the bases.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?288274-Leoparden-s-Imperial-Addiction/page22

Do the bases (I use a lot of pigments here so that's why I varnish the miniatures first). Add pigments as needed, fixate them with whatever you prefer to fix them with (I use isopropanol). I also add any other ”final” touches to the bases at this step after pigments are done (dead grass and such products). The pigments I use are as follows:

FW Dark Earth

FW Aged Rust

FW Orange Rust

FW Light Rust

Seal with matt varnish

@Strumanchu...glad you could make it even during your move! Top stuff mate ;-)

Thanks mate! It just feels right, you know... msn-wink.gif

So obviously I'd been planning my Moritat as my XIV mini for MotL, and had been collecting up all the bits and so forth, so I kinda had a picture in my head of how he was going to go together...

I just didn't necessarily think I'd get it all done in an evening.

gallery_67188_10431_117876.jpg

Evidently I needed a break from packing.

Thanks. happy.png

Thing is... I have bitz crossing the Atlantic for this (thank you to Kurgan who I now totally owe one), so some of these models will be waiting longer than the others to be completed. First world problems, eh? rolleyes.gif

Regarding the 'Martian Sand' bases, I'd send Poom a PM and ask how he achieved his bases. They look amazing and really capture that Martian feel :tu:

Poom's amazing Mechanicum Thanitar

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Tantanar01_05.jpg

1,252 points from Coabeous, Brother

hi cap semper i have added my points in my vow its 975pts

sorry for the delay

Thanks brothers!

Now please the remaining in the list, please provide the points cost of your pledges the soonest possible - I want to have everything in place before the first weekly update.

frozenfoods

Gizur

noigrim 

Severoth

Yup yup. Better to pledge low and complete with plenty of time for another vow, than pledge big and come up short. 

Still...almost makes you wonder if AoD Forum will be divided into Loyalist and Traitor ETL Camps next year. I didn't say that! Ignore the first part of this sentence!

Hmm...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

1,252 points from Coabeous, Brother

hi cap semper i have added my points in my vow its 975pts

sorry for the delay

Thanks brothers!

Now please the remaining in the list, please provide the points cost of your pledges the soonest possible - I want to have everything in place before the first weekly update.

frozenfoods

Gizur

noigrim 

Severoth

Ah, well, the best way to let people know, I think, is to attempt to get a notification pop up for them. Like quoting a post of theirs. Like this:

Points, before pics, etc to come. I've gotta crash or I'll be late for work in the morning.

I Gizur of the XVIIth Legion join the E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one (1) Siege Breaker.

I Noigrim, vow to complete *snip*

I Brother Severoth, declare that I will finish these 11 Despoilers and finish these Skull Crushers who will be used as blood crushers for when they introduce Daemons into 30k.

Let's see if this works. ^_^

Unlike some forums that use this software, quoting doesn't cause a notification, only likes and friend requests do.

Dragonlover

As far as I'm aware, that little bell at the top of the page always lets me know if I've been quoted. Is this not the same for you?

Hmm. I have noticed that the system does lag a little bit. Maybe it's yet to notify you. I don't know. Best to check your notification settings, I suppose.

I finished my 10 Volkite Heavy support squad, just a quick question though: Should I post/edit in finished pictures in my first post together with the "before" pictures or is anywhere in this thread ok?

Here they are anyway, I´ll move the pic if this isn´t the place for them.

http://i.imgur.com/EPRKdVP.jpg?1

You can add "notify me when I'm quoted" from your profile settings. You may select it or you may ignore it. smile.png

Aha. Then maybe I've been flapping about for no reason then, if that option is off normally. I must have toggled it on at some point since the last software update. My bad. :rolleyes:

Should I post/edit in finished pictures in my first post together with the "before" pictures or is anywhere in this thread ok?

Anywhere in the thread should be good. So long as it's easy to find/notice for Semper, then I presume you don't have to edit your initial vow post with the finished product.

BY THE EMPEROR THEY ARE FANTASTIC!

You actually need do nothing else regarding editing. I'm going to link the above post next to the original vow post in the first page so people will have your "before" pic and your "after" pic in the same spot.

Nothing more is required of you unless of course you want to make another vow.

Well, do you? :yes:

Thanks! I´ll have to finish my first vow before making another one, I still have a twenty man tactical squad, ten man heavy support squad, master of signals and a land raider to paint tongue.png

But I´m super motivated to paint right now so it shouldn´t take to long. And I have one knight waiting assembly and another one on pre-order, so expect some knightly support coming soon™ msn-wink.gif

Stru is playing! Excellent news, and excellent kit bash. I can't believe how many points we have pledged in week one. Great to see models being completed already. Excellent work Twisty, and I believe there is a lot more to come soon from some other members.

I have a day or two's painting planned later in the month, when I'll hopefully finish my measly first vow, then I'll try and wrack up a few more points for the cause!

I have a day or two's painting planned later in the month, when I'll hopefully finish my measly first vow, then I'll try and wrack up a few more points for the cause!

That's the Way of the Drake: don't rush it and get it done right!

A very slow day today, folks. No vows at all, unfortunately. But, as a silver-lining, Severoth has now added points to his vow. It's a small contribution but a valued one nonetheless. Why? Because it tips us over the fifty grand mark. :tu:

The irony is not lost that I've found more enjoyment painting my 30K stuff in the last two days than the 40K Blood Angels I'm supposed to be doing laugh.png

Archived