+-+-+-+BEGIN DATA INLOAD+-+-+-+

-+-+-INLOAD TO DATA WAFER: METIS-+-+-

+-+-+ENCRYPTION PROTOCOL VERMILLION+-+-+

-+-+-SOURCE PRIMARY: MNEMOQUILL-+-+-

+-+-+SOURCE SECONDARY: SERVO SKULL, DESIGNATION IRIS: PICT FEED COMMENCES+-+-+

-+-+-SOURCE TERTIARY: REDACTED-+-+-

+-+-+DATA CORRUPTION IN PROGRESS: UNKNOWN SCRAPCODE+-+-+

-+-+-MEMORY CORE FAULT-+-+-

What lies herein is a verifiably true account, assembled by I, Ovidius Incertus, called Villon, erstwhile remembrancer, traveler, gun-deck hand, artisan, rogue, bondsman and scholast, of the actions of the Flesh Tearers 4th Company, including too, elements of the 1st and 2nd Companies of the same. 

The year is 8 092 231 M31, hard on the trauma of the Sundering, as the Astartes of the Flesh Tearers refer to Guilliman’s shattering of the Legions in the wake of the betrayal of the Arch Traitor.

The Emperor of Man sits upon the Golden Throne, brought low by the hand of his own son.  Guilliman currently crusades against the traitors of the Emperor’s Children. Dorn’s children have begun to refortify Terra and have spread throughout the galaxy, some relinquishing their golden panoply for the black of mourning.  Vulkan still stands sovereign over his Drakes, exhausted though they are.  The whereabouts of Corvus Corax and, more recently, the Khan are unknown.  Ferrus Manus, the first martyr, is long since dead.  Brothers slaughtered, an empire in shambles.  The cruelest blow for the sons of the IX, however, was the fall of the Angel at the hands of one who had been his kith, his true brother.  The trauma inflicted therewith on the filii Sanguini was unquantifiable.

After the slaughter of the Battle of Terra, the IX marshaled what remained of its host, determined to meet angelic vengeance upon their betrayers—their brothers.  The pronouncement of Guilliman (given sway no doubt because his scions were still numerous, comparatively speaking) that the Legions be divided was met with reluctance by the IX, but was accepted nonetheless. 

Nasir Amit, formerly captain of 4 Company, the Flesh Tearers, whose blades had reaped a great toll during the Battle of Terra, would lead this new Chapter of the same name.  Warriors, those few that remained (if one had seen them fight as I had, no explanation would be needed), of 4 Company champed at the bit to cleanse the galaxy by blood and fire, to put heretics under the blade of their flensing knives--their flesh tearers.  To bring the new Chapter to the strength prescribed by Guilliman, however, brothers of various companies of the IXth Legion were seconded, often with great reluctance, to fight beside their more savage brethren.  The fledgling Chapter took to the stars in jagged disarray befitting their accustomed chainblades.

Tension is more often than not palpable, as angel fights alongside rage incarnate.  As the angels-amid-slaughter attempt to preserve their zeal for elegance and beauty, each one feels the pull of the Red Angel, their Father’s legacy, in his breast, and looks to Amit’s blood-soaked sons with trepidation.  That pull grows ever stronger and the thirst ever more unquenchable.

As of this writing, predation fleet Cruor, led by the battlebarge Incarnadine Vengeance, sits in high orbit over Kendesh III, rotted from within by traitors, and the brothers of 4 Company ready themselves for the murdermake.  The system will be cleansed and returned to compliance.  Blood will flow.

All has been told to the best of my knowledge and no fact omitted.

+-+-+-+END DATA INLOAD+-+-+-+

+-+-+-+BEGIN DATA INLOAD: PICT CAPTURE+-+-+-+

-+-+-SUBJECT: FORCE RECON ELEMENT CARNELIAN-+-+-

From the stern embarkation deck, I watched the Thunderhawk depart, carrying in its belly members of 4 Company's force recon element, tasked with making planetfall and preparing forward operations in areas outlying Kendesh's major population centers and military strongpoints.  Among the gunship's cargo were members of squad Carnelian, a heavy reconnaissance element.  Unlike other Scout squads, the members of squad Carnelian are veterans of hundreds of campaigns.  Prior to the Heresy, the Astartes of Carnelian had been seconded to an Alpha Legion task force on Thutmose VII.  When squad Carnelian returned, many of their brethren noticed a change, but few voiced their concerns.  Gone were the Angel's locks, given way to shorn scalps. Gone was the artisan's flair, given way to practicality.  Rarely seeking the company of Angels, the brothers of squad Carnelian generally kept their own company.  Regardless, squad Carnelian continued to be an effective tool in the IX's arsenal as the war against the traitors raged ever on.

+++COMMENCE PICT FEED+++

Carnelian Kilo 8 sets up overwatch in the rocks overlooking the town of Jerash and prepares to glass the area with magnoculars.  Mission unknown.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f32/Oat_Action_Man/Scout%20Sniper%201a_zpsuj2ybs6s.jpg

Carnelian Foxtrot 2 stalks through the ruins of the town.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f32/Oat_Action_Man/Scout%20Sniper%204b_zpsw5pqlhvh.jpg

Carnelian Bravo 6 sprints from cover and directs overwatch fire.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f32/Oat_Action_Man/Scout%20Sniper%205a_zpsqvp5obtb.jpg

Carnelian India 5 reloads after reaping a bloody toll from his overwatch position.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f32/Oat_Action_Man/Scout%20Sniper%202b_zps4kv3cawt.jpg

Carnelian Whiskey 9 takes up cover behind a ruined wall and provides counter-sniper fire, neutralizing a renegade sniper team ill concealed on a nearby rooftop.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f32/Oat_Action_Man/Scout%20Sniper%203c_zpspdyxibl7.jpg

+++PICT FEED CEASES+++

+-+-+-+DATA INLOAD CEASES+-+-+-+

-+-+-+INTERFERENCE UNKNOWN: CHECK WAFER BACKUP-+-+-+

Archived