Ad Mech Today

I sold off a handful of orks and unpainted forge world chaos dwarfs to raise money for more Mechanicus models. At least enough money to get the Kastellan robots, come on and release the stuff already!

working on the cloak of my skitarii Vanguard alpha,he will be my armies prime(warlord) so needs a bit of extra attention wub.png

pics today maybe..

med_gallery_9146_6928_988112.jpg

mithril

Is that orange or brown for the outer vestments?

As to my progress yesterday, basecoats were made on the remaining 4 sicarians, who will be finished today.

its actually Vomit brown over a doombull base, with a Agrax wash over it...the golds do make it look orangey(in a nice way though)

@CommodusXIII - once you start on that Monster i reckon it'll just flow from there, good luck though ohmy.png

@Gorthaur- i'm glad you sold stuff off,your skitarii are awesomesauce, get Moar!!! laugh.png

@ Vash- What!, more?.? you crazy fast man cool.png

Mithril

I will be working on painting my skitarii, have one dunecrawler left to assemble, and two completely painted, also 25 ranger vanguard and 5 rustakers and 5 infiltrators. I have one strider to paint, the other one has the sniper weapon, thinking on changing the other to the auto canons

This thread has gone down a treat in the BA section with 28 pages and counting...

Just a place to post what you having been doing in the hobby regarding the followers of the Omnissiah, today!

So fellow Magi, what have you done to support the Machine god Today?

Royalties in the post, yeah? laugh.png

I actually think this is a great idea. Looking forward to reading what you've all been up to.

working on the cloak of my skitarii Vanguard alpha,he will be my armies prime(warlord) so needs a bit of extra attention wub.png

pics today maybe..

med_gallery_9146_6928_988112.jpg

mithril

Is that orange or brown for the outer vestments?

As to my progress yesterday, basecoats were made on the remaining 4 sicarians, who will be finished today.

its actually Vomit brown over a doombull base, with a Agrax wash over it...the golds do make it look orangey(in a nice way though)

@CommodusXIII - once you start on that Monster i reckon it'll just flow from there, good luck though ohmy.png

@Gorthaur- i'm glad you sold stuff off,your skitarii are awesomesauce, get Moar!!! laugh.png

@ Vash- What!, more?.? you crazy fast man cool.png

Mithril

Interestingly novel color scheme then, It certainly would cut costs for your magi to outfit thier troops :P

Productive day I must say. 

Rangers completed with basing, 4 vanguards completed with basing. 

Aseembled a Ballistarii and have painted it to the point where its only some minor details left and the base to go. 

Will finish up the Ballistarii tomorrow and start assembling another Dune crawler. 

I made some progress with the base. I wonder if I should include some wild life on it.

I have also studied every detail of IK info so that tomorrow I can open up the official IK Tactica thread with unit analysis, allies and tactics as well as have it be a collection of toughts and experiences.

The blessed war engines will march, brothers! With skill and steel we will crush those who stand before us!

Onager together....

gallery_9146_6928_1500267.jpg

Mithril

Looking good, did you leave the upper hull and the ranger unglued for ease of painting? Not too big a deal if you didn't but it might be harder to paint certain areas/angles otherwise. I always loved seeing models where you can pull off a piece of the hull and see the pilot, not sure if this kit would be easy regarding that. But if I did one I thought it might be cool to have a vanguard all corpse like locked into the pilot seat with electrodes in his brain. They established the fluff so the pilot is a vanguard and the ranger is the gunner, interestingly so. It looks like there might not be enough room in the hull to pull it off sadly.

Looking good, did you leave the upper hull and the ranger unglued for ease of painting? Not too big a deal if you didn't but it might be harder to paint certain areas/angles otherwise. I always loved seeing models where you can pull off a piece of the hull and see the pilot, not sure if this kit would be easy regarding that. But if I did one I thought it might be cool to have a vanguard all corpse like locked into the pilot seat with electrodes in his brain. They established the fluff so the pilot is a vanguard and the ranger is the gunner, interestingly so. It looks like there might not be enough room in the hull to pull it off sadly.

Yes ,yes and yes tongue.png

the legs are not stuck down ...yet... the Hull is just blu tac'd to the legs, the cannon is able to be removed, the Gunners body is just sitting there,only his arms are attached to the weapon which is just sitting in its slot,his head is also blu tac'd on till its done.

The green stuff on the base is going to be where the Onager Stamped down the shoes to lock in a Solid Firing soloution! well i hope it looks like that at the end laugh.png

* I reckon if you really wanted to you could make a pull off top and convert up a torso in the hull...a verrrrry tight fit but i think completely do'able.i'm sure with your skills and dedication Gorthaur, you will be the first to do it... if you choose to accept..wink.png

Mithril

the legs are not stuck down ...yet... the Hull is just blu tac'd to the legs, the cannon is able to be removed, the Gunners body is just sitting there,only his arms are attached to the weapon which is just sitting in its slot,his head is also blu tac'd on till its done.

The green stuff on the base is going to be where the Onager Stamped down the shoes to lock in a Solid Firing soloution! well i hope it looks like that at the end laugh.png

* I reckon if you really wanted to you could make a pull off top and convert up a torso in the hull...a verrrrry tight fit but i think completely do'able.i'm sure with your skills and dedication Gorthaur, you will be the first to do it... if you choose to accept..wink.png

Mithril

Nice smile.png , it certainly looks deployed, reminds me of the tau suit from dawn of war when it gets dug in like artillery. I would take up the challenge on the cockpit, however I think I have too much planned at the moment as it is. Once all that is finished however it could be worth a shot. But the Cult Mechanicus stuff has thrown me off a track a bit, as now I am doing a mixed force. I will be doing those robots though, can't wait to order em saturday!

Mithril

Nice smile.png , it certainly looks deployed, reminds me of the tau suit from dawn of war when it gets dug in like artillery. I would take up the challenge on the cockpit, however I think I have too much planned at the moment as it is. Once all that is finished however it could be worth a shot. But the Cult Mechanicus stuff has thrown me off a track a bit, as now I am doing a mixed force. I will be doing those robots though, can't wait to order em saturday!

Yeah the Ad mech has made me slip a cog or two as well tongue.png And yes i remember the tau lockdown animation!, the guy in the back of the Onager pic was going to be the armies allied unit...but the new Bots are too cool for school to ignore and as i stated somewhere else they are going to be tech'd up/Painted to look like IronMan's Mk1 "Cave suit"

Mithril

Archived