Ad Mech Today

Today I damaged my Knight Acheron in frustration about the Age of Sigmar rubbish and GWs general policy, potentially jeopardising my ETL... I will attempt to fix it, but right now I can not be arsed. Selling most of what I have, keeping only the essentials if I want to continue building again. I just will not be able to stomach the moment when I find out my hard work on 40k will go down the drain because GW had another great idea...

Dare I ask: What exactly is upsetting about Age of Sigmar and what does it have anything to do with 40K?

Today I damaged my Knight Acheron in frustration about the Age of Sigmar rubbish and GWs general policy, potentially jeopardising my ETL... I will attempt to fix it, but right now I can not be arsed. Selling most of what I have, keeping only the essentials if I want to continue building again. I just will not be able to stomach the moment when I find out my hard work on 40k will go down the drain because GW had another great idea...

Dare I ask: What exactly is upsetting about Age of Sigmar and what does it have anything to do with 40K?

Heh, do not ask. My convoluted mind drew analogies and followed to conclusions. It was late and I was tired so I reacted inadequately. I tend to be rather explosive and impulsive at times, something I am working on.

However, it is a good thing that it happened, because it gave me a pause to think about certain things regarding myself and the hobby ;)

I've got a wicked headache today, but I'm still slogging through the remaining side turrets.  I'm hoping for good weather to start priming the torso next weekend, while I have an extra day to work due to the national holiday.

Sprayed my Reaver's chassis with Army Painter Gun Metal. It stuck well but came out thick and really smooth. Because of the former, I wouldn't use it on small minis as it would obscure the detail, but with a Reaver its not bad. With the latter, not sure how well layers will stick on it so I'll probably sand it down with fine grain a little for the areas that are going to get layers.

Edit - Got some layers down at my local GW today:

19057603299_e471c64490_z_d.jpg

Edit - Back in my mad lab and painted all the trim on all the plates. Just need to get the bronze on the chassis and weapons done, reassemble then do details, then weather.

19224512006_621e8fac32_z_d.jpg

What seems a small eternity after I began work on them (Probably more like a middling eternity) I've as good as finished the first of my Skitarii Vanguard. These guys have been one hell of a stop-start project, although that's really quite common for me when it comes to just about anything involving painting. I'm pretty happy with how this fella turned out, particularly considering just how down I was while going through the early stages. Now I just have to get through the remaining 29 ...

DSC04932

DSC04933

Good stuff brightstar thumbsup.gif maybe put some colour into the lenses in the omni spex...

Today - Finished the Onager main weapon and now it's onto doing the Red on the Main body... i'm finding wild rider red is very good for edge highlighting wub.png

med_gallery_9146_6928_64020.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Good stuff brightstar thumbsup.gif maybe put some colour into the lenses in the omni spex...

Funnily enough that's actually two layers of Drakenhof Nightshade onto white ... it just seems to have ended up all but black. I'll certainly revisit that.

Funnily enough that's actually two layers of Drakenhof Nightshade onto white ... it just seems to have ended up all but black. I'll certainly revisit that.

Don't worry,must be the pic then! really looking great though, get some more done while your on a roll (and remember the colours you used laugh.png )

Mithril

Yeah I think the Vanguard looks great! I'd suggest trying to find a way to crank out that paint scheme a little faster; assembly line can help, but honestly I just do more squinting so I don't get hung up on little detail issues. At arm's length, no one's gonna see those problems anyway! msn-wink.gif

Great stuff mithril! I have to start my second Dunecrawler soon and I think I'm going to be skipping out on magnets this time. The HFB is more than covered by the Kastelans IMO. Also, seconded on the Wildrider Red! It's a snazzy color in general.

Working on the main body of the Onager today, pic's after lunch biggrin.png

I wondering with the "NEW" Marines and Dark Angels now out whether the Ad-Mech has had some of its servitors being re-tasked to other paint requests msn-wink.gif

Mithril

Today I cobbled together a painting stand for the torso, and cleaned off my gaming table for a Titan-sized work station. By "cleaned off" I mean shoved everything to one side in a Titan-sized pile of terrain.

great stuff Munocat, very inspirational thumbsup.gif On the Lower shelf do i spy a bronze Kastelan...eek.gif+wub.gif more info please he looks really Cool from here!

my stuff today- finished front facing of red,just need to clean the red trim on the bone and put a decal on there...but the other sides need red first!!

med_gallery_9146_6928_365497.jpg

Mithril

++Edit++ pic was too big wacko.png

Massive collection there, munocat! Love the IK lineup. smile.png

@mithrilforge, the crème stripe on your Dunecrawler is so crisp! I have no idea how to achieve that level of neatness. rolleyes.gif

Just to prove I'm not yet dead;

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy112/BrotherHandro/4aa2ef6a-1410-42f6-a729-65b316da1d5b_zps38igsdkd.jpg

I finally managed to get some undercoat spray. It's the little things that hold you up... rolleyes.gif

All basecoats and washes complete, highlights next. I'm quite taken with the clean look of the armour plates, won't be dirtying her up as much as I had planned.

Hopefully should finish comfortably before the deadline so may consider revowing...

I'm deep into the metalwork on the torso.  I've decided to paint everything reachable from the underside first, then flip it over into the final orientation.  This way, there will be less rubbing on the top of the model.

Soon as Semper said I could go ahead with my Warlord I added more layers.

Cardboard is my redneck masking. Layers are still sketchy (and construction is nowhere as good as Commodus' Warlord) but I'm going to do edging with a brush after. I think I think I need to build up more detail on the arms weapons too.

18845131643_b388f7483a_z_d.jpg

Archived