The 9th Brotherhood

Kraytirous

Greetings!

I intend to prepare a modest 1500 force for a tournament happening on the 30th of May. A Highlander League tournament which has the restriction of only two detachments (no copies of your own army) and only one fortification allowed per army.

I shall be posting my models as they are finished (most of my army is built but unpainted) as well as some fluff musings. Gods know how I love my story telling, even if it gives me little in terms of tournament play.

Now, I imagine that several of you are already prepared to jump in and say "but wait! There are only eight brotherhoods!" I intent to assuage you, well-intended fluff readers. I simply ask for your patience. I begin with an army-list. My first squad of Grey Knight Terminators is almost complete and with it fluff will follow closely behind to keep me motivated.

NEMESIS STRIKE FORCE FATEBREAKER

Grand Master Dadiv Hardab
-Psycannon, Thunder Hammer, Cuirass of Sacrifice

Squad Ferrus (x5 Terminators)

-Psycannon, 3 falchions, 2 halberds

Squad Gladius (x10 Interceptors)

-2 Incinerators, 5 Falchions, 1 Thunderhammer

Brother Ejak Ruthar (Nemesis Dreadknight)

-Personal teleporter, Nemesis Greatsword, heavy psycannon, heavy incinerator

Lance of Janus (Stormraven)

-twin-linked lascannon, multi-melta

Command Post Alpha (Skyshield Landing Pad)

-Skies of Fury

The story of the ill-fated 9th Brotherhood...

The Ninth Brotherhood realistically is to be blamed on a strange logistical coincidence. Presumed lost in a Warp Storm fighting the forces of Chaos due to the account of Imperial survivors who proclaimed the Grey Knights’ ultimate sacrifice to Inquisitorial authorities resulted in the sixth brotherhood being fully replaced. The brotherhood was trapped in a time-loop within the Warp Storm for almost a thousand years of never-ending war and sacrifice.  When the Warp Storm finally abated, the Brotherhood emerged unscathed. Their ammo stores full, their armor undamaged and their souls intact, the Grey Knights returned to Titan a fully functional company. The company returning to Titan created much unrest among the Grand Masters. After thorough physical and psychological examination, the missing Brotherhood was deemed perfectly capable and sound. No corruption was found in their bodies, minds or souls.

For a short time, they were accepted as a ninth brotherhood and the bolstering of the Grey Knights’ numbers allowed for an unprecedented rate of success and the reach of the Grey Knights became more powerful than ever before. The survival of the ninth brotherhood created an unprecedented atmosphere in the Council of Titan. The precedent of eight brotherhoods was successful, but the bending in doctrine allowed the Grey Knights significant success. The consequences of breaking the doctrine further and creating another brotherhood would allow the Grey Knights to even more successfully defend the Imperium was a recurring theme in the Council of Titan. When the daemon-prince responsible for the time-loop emerges, a creature known as the Vorpal Wing, the Grand Master of the ninth Brotherhood proclaims it his Emperor-given duty to see the daemon defeated. The company deploys as a whole and proceeds to fight valiantly, banish the Vorpal Wing, and are butchered to barely a dozen men in the effort.

The warriors who return withdraw themselves from the ninth company, which is allowed to descend into legend, and give themselves over to undertaking the quests of the path of the Paladin. The men come together to form a squad of Paladins known as the Tears of the Emperor, their list of valiant successes trailing long. The glory earned by the benevolent Paladins distinguishes itself with the extraordinary virtue they hold themselves up to: they not only fight to banish the monsters of the warp, but to save humanity in every way.

Archived