[HH1.0] 30k Ultramarines tactics

GreyCrow

• 4 weeks later...

You have to buy the resin swords when you buy the (gorgeous) UM breacher shields though, so I'd try to make the most out of it. Maybe a squad of 15 with apothercary for ZM missions.

In normal games though, the humble tac squad in rhino is probably the better choice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Question about using the Logos Lectora rite of war, do HQ options like a Praetor and the Master of Signals count as a troop unit allowing you to take additional tanks/flyers?

The limitations on logos lectora is not more tanks and flyers than units with the infantry unit type, so yes, HQs that are infantry count towards it.

• 3 weeks later...

If you wanted to play UM to their strnegth you wouldn't play Logos Lectura ;)

This is actually true. Ultras work best with Tacs in Rhinos - once the Rhino scores a hit, the disembarked Marines get the shooting bonus against the same target.

You also want multiple advancing units to get the re rolls to charge.

You support this with multiple ranged, hard hitting units. Multiples work best for the Ultras, not large, slow moving infantry lists.

The reason I'm dismissing the Logos Lectora is because it's rubbish and I'm disappointed. The strength of the Ultras lies in their great unique units, their shooting buff, and their excellent Primarch.

I too agree with Hesh Kadesh. Because of their nature as a "jack of all trades" legion, the Ultras make wonderful use of the vanilla rites of war.

Everybody talking about the Rhino synergy, but you know what else has a peashooter and can be taken as dedicated transport? Drop Pods.