2k IF Pride of the Legion

exsanguis

Hey guys,

So I have a bunch of MkIII and IV Marines that are going to be used as Imperial Fists in 40k and I'm trying to find a list that works for them in HH as well. I'm hoping that with the new SM codex that we will get a formation for the 1st Company of a Chapter, allowing us to field Sternguard galore! I'd love to be able to use both lists using the same models, so this is what I've come up with:

Legion Delegatus - AA, PFist, Refractor, Combi-plas, Meltabombs

Rapiers x2 - Laser Destroyers

Rapiers x2 - Graviton Cannons

Vets x10 - Rhino, 2x HB, AA, PF, Vexilla (Sniper)

Seekers x9 - Combi-plas x9, Rhino (Delegatus goes here)

Sicaran - Lascannons

Sicaran - Lascannons

2k points on the dot. I have most of this stuff already, and I also have a Fire Raptor and Fellblade for expansion to 2.5k+. Is this list alright? We're in a fairly relaxed meta, and I don't want anything that will steamroll, as my original DG Legion did. They're convinced HH lists are OP, so I'd like to have something fluffy but mildly competitive. My main concerns are:

1. Rhinos are flimsy at the best of times.

2. No AA, though 2x Sicarans should be able to handle anything short of a spam list.

3. 4x Rapiers are the only things holding my home objective/s. I was thinking of dropping the Grav Cannons for a unit of 5x Support Marines with Volkite Calivers to be objective campers.

Any thoughts? I am tempted to use them as UM and drop the Seekers for a unit of the Termies that can take all Cyclones/Assault Cannons.

Thanks!

Its simple, but effective. Can't really find anything wrong with it. But, I'd keep it as IF for BS5. Rerolling to would would be pretty good especially for more 'Rends' from Sniper but the ~16% increase in accuracy seems a bit too good to do without with such a Bolter Heavy List.

Alternate option:

Drop a Veteran Squad and the Graviton Cannons and take:

Contemptor - 2x DCCW with Graviton Guns, Havoc Launcher

&

Contemptor-Mortis - 2x Kheres, Havoc Launcher

These guys can run up behind the Rhino's and punch/shoot things that the Vet's can't deal with effectively. The caveat would be that I only have 30 bodies on the field, not including the 4 gunners for the Rapier Batteries.

You should have plenty to deal with Armor at 2k between 2 Las, 2 Grav and 2 Sicarans but, if you know you'll be facing Mech Lists and/or AirCav, then yeah, Those dreads would be decent additions.

If you are worried about being perceived as OP, I would avoid full terminator squads with Cyclone Missile Launchers, they look ugly as hell on the table (even if they are expensive), you're current list looks really good in balanced way of fluff and effectiveness. Lots of room to expand and alter from that list as the group develops as well.

• 9 months later...

Hey guys,

Huge necro, but I've made some modifications to this list. My theme is that they're the remnants of a company of Imperial Fists that fought during the Reunification Wars on Terra, hence the volkite and Pride of the Legion. I'm curious to see what you all think:

Praetor - Tartaros TDA, Paragon Blade, Storm Shield, Teleportation Transponder

5x Terminators - Tartaros TDA, 3x Storm Shields, 3x Power Fists, 1x Chainfist and Assault Cannon, Sgt with Storm Shield & Thunder Hammer

These guys will deep strike in to the enemies back field and hopefully be a thorn in their side.

Vets x10 - Rhino, Sgt with AA & Power Axe, 2x Heavy Bolters, Vexilla, SNIPERS

Support Squad x10 - Volkite Calivers

These guys will contest the mid-field objectives. If they can get established no one will want to go near them!

Contemptor-Mortis - 2x TL Lascannons

I was tempted to go Rapiers, but I love Contemptors and this guy can provide anti-air in a pinch.

Heavy Support Squad x10 - Volkite Culverins, Augury Scanner

Plonk themselves on the home objective and blast away. My meta has IG, Ork, Dark Eldar, Eldar and Nids, so this unit should come in handy!

Sicaran Battle Tank - Lascannon Sponsons

Vindicator Squadron - 2x Laser Destroyer Arrays

My primary anti-tank.

Thoughts?

Hhhhmmmmm, I'm really not that into the Lists Big Bullies Deepstriking in and having to weather a turn of shooting before doing their intended job.

They can sweep, sure, but killing 6 TEQ Bodies? With 40k Shenanigans in the mix? Not really the hardest thing. Just look at how many Deepstriking 40k TH&SS Termies you see around... :\

The Problem is, since this Terminator Squad is a Troops choice, you can really swap them for a 4 Man Command Squad in TDA and Grab a Dreadclaw unless you drop something substantial in the list.

You can try it a few times to see if it works but I'm worried that it wont work as intended.

Hmmm think about this:

+++ 2k Pride (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++

+ HQ (545pts) +

Legion Praetor (545pts) [Paragon Blade, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
··Legion Terminator Command Squad [Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod, Chainfist, Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon, 3x Legion Space Marine Chosen, 2x Power Fist, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Thunder Hammer, 3x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
··Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops (670pts) +

Legion Tactical Support Squad (125pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Calivers]

Legion Terminator Squad (230pts) [4x Combi-Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators, Teleportation Transponder, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Combi-Weapon, Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (315pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Sniper]
··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

+ Heavy Support (785pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (350pts) [9x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Culverin]
··Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (175pts) [Lascannons]

Legion Vindicator Squadron (260pts) [Laser Destroyer Array][Laser Destroyer Array]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VII: Imperial Fists]

Gives you your "Punch" Unit with the added bonus oh having an Ablative Av12 Bubble to shield them on Arrival - which they do on T1 thanks to the pod. Added Bonus of the unit being Fearless with the Banner!

A 2nd Terminator Unit w/ Teleport and Combi-Weapons to Drop-in-and-nuke with Combi-Plasma or Melta, hell, even Flamer if you're so inclined.

Sadly, due to points, the Caliver Squad is only 5 men. But, like the Culverin Squad, you've got 2+ Armor to tank at the front so that should help

Sadly, you do lose the Contemptor.

Archived