Skitarii and Mechanicum HARD DATA review

Seathal

Alright, definitely gonna have to proxy some in. If I'm bringing an Inquisitor I'll just bring some transports, too.

All transports of the inquisition are dedicated transports for henchmen squads, and can't just be bought for any other unit. Unless you let the henchmen disembark first and enter with priests second turn, that won't work. Exception is a valkyrie with FW rules...

Yeah that's what i might do but beware they can't start the game in it so if your opponent has first turn they could drop pod down behind next to them and kill them straight away.

Yeah that's what i might do but beware they can't start the game in it so if your opponent has first turn they could drop pod down behind next to them and kill them straight away. 

Well, the same can be said for Infiltrators/Ruststalkers/Dragoons. Drop Pods that one's opponent might bring are not an intrinsic downside to a unit. 

One could get the Skyshield Landingplatform which costs 80 points, plop a FW Valkyrie on there, fill it up to the brim with Corpuscarii Priests Turn 1 and have the unit on their way. One could then drop them on Turn 1 or Turn 2 and they could unload 24 shots (Valkyrie can carry 12 models if I am not mistaken) and charge the Turn after that. 

But an Inquisitor + Liber Heresius for Scout would also do quite nicely. Most games have their deployment zones 24" appart. After Scout the Priest would only be 18" away from the enemy and with a move of 6" they would be in fire-range to use their weapons. If one takes the melee-only Priests, they could still scout up to 18" and stay in cover. This most likely results in a successful charge on Turn 2 if the enemy has any troops that also advance towards one's army. Even my Henchmen Warband makes it into CC on Turn 2 just by using Scout . It's not that hard, really. 

I would, however, build a list around the Priests:

Dominus w/ 4++ and Anzions Pseudogenetor

10x Corpuscarii Electro Priests

10x Fulgurite Electro Priests

4x Breachers w/ Arc Rifles

4x Destroyers w/ Grav and Phosphor

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor w/ 2x Daemon Blades, Power Armour, Brain Mines, ML 1 and Liber Heresius

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor w/ Rad- and Psychotroke Grenades, Combi Flamer, Psi Sword, Power Armour and ML 1

Henchmen Warband (CC)

-> 1x Ministrorum Priest w/ Power Axe

-> 5x Crusader

-> 5x Death Cult Assassins

-> 1x Psyker

Henchmen Warband

-> 2x Acolytes w/ Bolters

-> 1x Psyker

Henchmen Warband

-> 2x Acolytes w/ Bolters

-> 1x Psyker

We have Breachers for Anti-Tank, Destroyers for Anti-2+-Armour and Corpuscarii/Fulgurite for Anti-Blob/MEQ. We also get 5(!) Warp Charges to use w/ whatever Psychic Powers we want to. Telepathy/Divination for some support of our troops.

Dominus and Inquisitors can join whichever CC unit they like. Dominus + Electro Priests will add to their survivability and can tank wounds. He will also dish out some serious hurt in CC. He could also join the Henchmen Warband, to add more AP2 attacks. This could also be done by the Malleus Inquisitor (it is pretty likely to get DS2 with two Daemon Blades). 

We also have 4 Cult units, thus the Canticle of the Electromancer will give us 2 S4 hits per model instead of one. That would be 3 S4 auto hits an Electro Priest now produces. 

For extra points we can get said Landing Platform + Valkyrie to drop the Corpuscarii behind our enemy's lines. Or we could take the Ironstrider Formation, to get some Dragoons, which would help us out with setting up charges etc.

This isn't a competitive list but for some friendly games, it could be really fun. We have answers for almost every unit-type and even stand a fighting chance in the Psychic Phase. 

Their formation seems like a point-sink though. I am thinking about sticking an Inquisitor with Rad- and Psychotroke Grenades in a Squad of Fulgurite Priests. Along with the Canticles, we can push them to S6/7/8. Rad Grenades would make MEQ T3, thus S6 would suffice to ID the enemy. Stealth/Shrouded Canticles would help with survivability. If we give the Inquisitor the Liber Heresius and ML 1, he could give the unit Scout (I am not a fan of buying a vehicle, just to get these guys further ahead) and roll on Daemonology to get Sanctuary, which would boost their 5++ to a 4++ (or 2++ after they have destroyed a unit). 

So, I just looked around in the Inquisition codex. I'm not that impressed, and the rad grenades say they don't change ID thresholds, so they don't seem as useful as I had heard. I'll probably just stick with looking into SM allies (since I already have some models).

what's the psi sword on the inquisitor? 

Ah, sorry. I'm not a native speaker and in German the "Psi Schwert" is the weapon a Psyker gets for free. I think the English terminus is Force Sword. Really confusing sometimes when one has to switch between all that terminology in two different languages... I still don't know the German equivalent to Frag and Krak Grenades...

I'm not that impressed, and the rad grenades say they don't change ID thresholds

You have misread that! It definitely says on Page 108: "During a turn in which a unit equipped with rad grenades launches an assault, or is assaulted, the enemy unit(s) suffer a -1 penalty to their toughness until the end of the phase (this does affect the victims' Instant Death threshold)". I am using my smartphone to read the epub data, so since your device might have a different scale, the exact pages may vary.

Also, note that there are multiple versions of the Inquisition Codex floating around online. The latest one is from June 2014 (Version 1.2). If yours differs from this, it could be, that you have an older version of the codex.

I really like this list it looks really fun to play

I also came up with a list I call the "Holy Procession", as it orients itself a lot on the fluff that Electro Priests are drawn in greater numbers to the battlefield if the Mechanicus sends out their older machines. So far I have constructed this 1500 points list:

Dominus w/ 4++ and Anzions Pseudogenetor

2x10 Fulgurite Electro Priests (can be changed to Corpuscarii if need be)

6x Destroyers w/ 3x Plasma, 3x Grav and 6x Phosphor (3x or 4x Kataphrons are actually pretty fragile if the enemy actually wants to shoot them down)

3x Breachers w/ Arc Rifles

Kastelan Robot Maniple w/ 1x Power Fists, 1x Flamer and 2x Phosphor 

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor w/ 2x Daemon Blades, Power Armour, Brain Mines, Liber Heresius and ML 1 

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor w/ Combi Flamer (or other Combi Weapon), Force Sword, 3x Servo Skulls, Power Armour, Rad- and Psychotroke Grenades

This is 1500 points on the nose. The Inquisition now serves only as a support role, instead of acting as an additional offensive force as in the other list with the CC Henchmen Warband. 

I don't know how effective this may be but the gameplay should be just as the fluff describes: A slowly but sturdily advancing wall of holy men, alongside the god machines of the Omnissiah, backed up by the firepower of the more common Kataphrons. And with them at the very frontlines the Inquisition as the watchful eye and vanguard against the Xeno scum.

You have missed that! It definitely says on Page 108: "During a turn in which a unit equipped with rad grenades launches an assault, or is assaulted, the enemy unit(s) suffer a -1 penalty to their toughness until the end of the phase (this does affect the victims' Instant Death threshold)". I am using my smartphone to read the epub data, so since your device might have a different scale, the exact pages my vary.

Also note that there are multiple versions of the Inquisition Codex floating around online. The latest one is from June 2014 (Version 1.2). If yours differs from this, it could be, that you have an older version of the codex.

You are probably right, that is strange wording so I could believe I added a "not" in there.  I just checked on a copy in store, though, so I can't double check now.  Either way, if I am going to the trouble of bringing allies, I want them to cover my bases a little more than the Inquisitors do.  Their gear looked interesting, but there are plenty of ally options that just seem like they would do a little more for me.  

time for some more actual HARD DATA:

so I played two games over spring break, both around 1,250 pts with similar lists. This was my first time using Cult Mechanicus destroyers too in both games, and I don't really wanna do a step by step runthrough of them atm so I will give you the lowdown on them unit by unit

Game Versus Blood Angles at 1,270pts

I brought: 

x3 Units of Vanguard with 3 arc rifles and omni-spex

x2 neutron laser Onager

x1 icarus array  Onager

x1 dragoon

Allied detachment:

x1 squad of destroyers w/ Grav

Tech Priest Dominus with conversion field

Callidus assassin

First off I wanna say the Callidus did nothing. Absolutely nothing. I either wasn't too agressive or didn't deploy her right, but she died from two models on bikes. she sucked. 

Arc Rifle Squad: I deployed them in a battle line spaced out so that the drop pod fragstorm dred couldnt do too much, and deployed one with the warlord squad. I scouted them up, and after I Wiffed with my Neutrons (more on that later) my arc rifles only managed to kill a rhino with help from the icarius array. Abysmal Shooting with them. His turn a squad of blood angels caused my warlord squad to run away and eventually run off the board. it was so stupid. the other two managed to get killed by the dread and some bikes.

Neutron lasers: Apparently the calibration on these guys were off, as both of them managed to get a direct hit on two baal predators at once with good template movement, but both of them failed to pen armor 13. BOTH OF THEM. it was so critical to my plan too. other times they scattered completely off target and didn't hit a darn thing, or just failed to wound. One of them did manage to kill a biker chapter master, so that was good.

Dragoon: Ran forward, killed a baal pred, got melted by flamer fire. Not too much to write home about.

Icarius Array: Managed to do more than my neutrons. critacally wounded a rhino and killed the enemy's razorback, but didn't do much else because of the lack of skyfire

Destroyers and Priest:  Didn't do much this game. They knocked down a squad of tactical marines to 3 with help from a neutron laser, killed a squad of bikers with just one surviving destroyer and volkite. 

Overall the game was a tie with malestrom points, but I didn't have too much left on the table at the end. I just had so much bad luck this game. Especially with my neutron lasers failing to hurt things when I really needed them too. Thats why an epic unit becomes slightly okay in my hands.

Lessons:

-it sucks to have a vanguard alpha as a warlord

-scout moves are key to get into position and to hurt things, but watch out they dont screw you over

-AP4 hurts. A lot.

-Neutrons are amazing if you have competent dice.

-it sucks to have a vanguard alpha

Why then? It's just a squad leader with 2W... It helps to absorb causalties...

It was his Warlord, which ran off the board, since the Techpriest is an ally. 

Gotta admit, beyond counter charges I have  never had much luck with my Dragoons. 

-it sucks to have a vanguard alpha

Why then? It's just a squad leader with 2W... It helps to absorb causalties...

It was his Warlord, which ran off the board, since the Techpriest is an ally.

Gotta admit, beyond counter charges I have never had much luck with my Dragoons.

Ah ok, since I use the skitarii dominus formation, I can take the dominus as my warlord hence I don't have the problem...

I've made my first game last saturday.

1000pts

Here's the battlefield. I deployed on the left side and my opponent took the right

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Table%20de%20jeu/E454455C-E8D6-49F8-A924-6D05A6D6B00D.jpg

My list :

Adeptus Mechanicus : Skitarii : Skitarii 1000

Detachement : Dominus Maniple

QG

• Tech-Priest Dominus (145 pts)
  • Conversion Field , Raiement ofTechnomartyr , phosphore serpenta
Troops

• Skitarii Vanguard (10) (190 pts)
  • 3 plasma caliver
  • Vanguard Alpha
HS

• Onager Dunecrawlers (120 pts)
  • neutrons laser and cognis stubber, cognis stubber
CAD : Adeptus Mechanicus : Skitarii

Troops

• Skitarii Rangers (5) (95 pts)
    • 2 arc rifles
    • Ranger Alpha
  • Skitarii Vanguard (5) (85 pts)
    • 2 arc rifles
    • Vanguard Alpha
Elite

• Sicarian Infiltrators (5) (185 pts)
  • 4 flechette blasters, 4 taser goads
  • Infiltrator Princeps : flechettes blaster, taser goads
Fast Attack

• Sydonian Dragoons (55 pts)
  • Phosphore Serpenta
HS

• Onager Dunecrawlers (120 pts)
  • neutrons laser and cognis stubber , cognis stubber
Total : 995 points - 29 models - 8 units

My opponent's

Belakor

Deamon prince of Nurgle with wings and 3+ armour and teh exalted gift sword

2 units of plaguebearers

5 nurgle mosquitos

Highlights

- Belakor failing to cast invisibility two turns in a row... I didn't leave him the opportunity to attempt a third time... Rapid fire arc rifles AND the vanguard guns managed to saturate him enough... He tried to charge the big unit of vanguards containing the dominus with Raiment = bad idea.

- At this point level, a small unit like the dragoon is nice to hunt little threat... Just don't forget that even if you double your I to get I6 this is FAR below a DP's initiative... :rolleyes:

- I didn't manage to try the combo stasis field + raiment to absorb shooting but the raiment gives nice opportunity in counter charge.

- At turn 4, my opponent forgot to move his DP to put him out of difficult terrain : missed the charge roll. Since he had just one W left, I didn't give it a chance and finished him with my 5 vanguards with arc rifles.

- The onager didn't do well. First because I used my scout move to put one closer to the enemy and open a LoS. But since my opponent stole the initiative he was at charge range with the flying DP. The other one didn't have much shooting opportunities and was charged by a mosquito. I made an error though : I thought that it was S9 blast rather than S10 hence it should have insta kill 2 mosquitos rather than only drop 2W.

- The infiltrators are great to move rapidly and grab an objective... However I felt a little disappointed by the flechette blaster as I hoped much more feom the saturation + shred (3W caused... Only one kill after the saves). But in the action, I forgot that I shot 25 times and not 15 <_<

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Rapports%20de%20bataille/8B79590B-1AF3-45B3-A4E2-F9136E229BE3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Rapports%20de%20bataille/23B289D1-98F6-46CF-A6C4-2EC072F092FF.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Rapports%20de%20bataille/3052122D-27C4-486B-A125-A2C5821C0DAD.jpg

Take two or three Dragoons minimum. One Dragoon will just get shot down instantly and even two might not survive until they see CC.

I have to disagree here. Up to now I only fielded 2 Dragoons as 2 seperate units, and they shined nearly every time.

Of course, 1 single Dragoon dies faster as 2 do, but it is only 45 points. If you put 2 or 3 together, they are still cheap, but a unit that might have overkilled the single one can still easily destroy all 3 of them.

Also you loose flexibility when it comes to grabbing objectives, tying something up or sneaking behind enemy lines to threat their shoot units.

I completed my 2000 points of Skitarii recently, next time I field them I want to play 2 single Dragoons in the Skitarii Maniple and a unit of 2 in the Battle Maniple. MSU 4TW msn-wink.gif

I have to disagree here. Up to now I only fielded 2 Dragoons as 2 seperate units, and they shined nearly every time.

You misunderstood: Nowhere did I say that one has to field the Dragoons as a single Squad. I only wanted to say that one Dragoon alone is not enough and two single Dragoons may still be toast quite quickly. However, fielding three Dragoons as three single or a Squad of two and a single one seems to work brilliantly. 

Played in my first ever ITC tournament yesterday, and it was pretty fun. This was my first time ever playing ITC format missions so I went in with no expectations except to get stomped. I didn't win any of my 3 games, 2/3 of those games were very close. 

My list was a "pure" War Convocation, I quickly found out why this is a bad idea in this kind of environment. Fine for friendly games with a slight competitive edge, but for ITC? Not going to cut the cheese. 

Here's what my list was-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Techpriest Dominus 

-Eradication Ray, Macrostubber, The Uncreator Gauntlet, etc. (free wargear)

2x Kataphron squads with Grav

1 Kastelan Maniple with all Phosphor guns

1x Dunecrawler

-Icarus Array (this was a mistake, fought 0 flyers)

2x Dragoons (still not sure about this choice)

10 man Rangers with Arc Rifles

10 man Vanguard with Plasma

Rust Stalkers with Omni mask

Infiltrators with Phase Taser

Knight Paladin

------------------------------------------------------------------

My first game was against 3 squads of Wulfen in 3 Land Raiders, formation where the Land Raiders ignore all damage results except explodes. This list was brutal but we both wore each other down to the point of having only 1 unit left. He had a limping Land Raider left and I had a squad of Vanguard left. It was a close game, but I had the potential to win it if Wulfen weren't such a problematic unit. They are the definition of OP, you don't think about how good a 2 wound storm shield with FNP is until you fight it. 

My second game was against 3 Knights with Eldar scat pack allies. I actually had a chance to win this one thanks to my infiltrate warlord trait I rolled, but I just didn't have enough firepower to take on 3 knights. I killed one, got another to 1 hull point, killed a lot of scat bikes, but he was just able to outlast and table me on turn 6. 

Third game was a against a good acquaintance I've played before running mechanized Sisters. He had first turn, and the table had very little terrain on it, maybe 5 pieces of terrain at most. I was at a significant disadvantage with the lack of cover, but it really came down to dice. The game basically came down to me failing to do anything I was trying at, and him making an obscene amount of 6+ invuln saves. It was a crazy, stupid game, what 40k is supposed to be like really. It was hilarious. I'm probably the first WarConvo player to be beaten by Sisters, the Emprah was just not with me.

Next time I'm going to be switching to a rent-a-pod list, and that way I'll be able to literally place plasma, grav, and haywire wherever I want, and have some scouts on the field. I may even go for an IF CAD so they can have obj secured. With the new psychic powers coming for SM it might be worth taking a Librarian instead of the typical flesh tearers priest. Of course it will be shut down against any kind of psychic death star but maybe its better than nothing? There's the Culexus too, IDK. 

• 4 weeks later...

After a long time, here a little more hard date. But only very little, as my last game was a desaster...

My 1850 point list:

Tech Priest with BS2 Snapshot Relic (Warlord)

2 x 5 E Priests

3 Plasma Servitors (with the Priest)

3 Grav Servitors

2 Phosphor Kastellans

Holy Requisitioner with

Tech Priest with Eradication Ray

4 Breacher (1 Torsion; 3 Haywire)

3 Haywire Breacher

Knights

1 Knight Lancer

The list was pretty new to me. First time ever using Destroyers, first time using E-Priests, first time using Lancer, first time using the Eradication Ray on a Tech Priest.

His list:

I played against Daemons, Tzeentch and Khorne. His list:

2x way to many Dogs

2x 10 Horrors

3 Flamer

1 Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut

Blue Scribes

1 Tzeentch Chaos Knight

2 Grinder

1 Skull Cannon

The Game:

Bad rolls on my side, good rolls on his.

I had turn 1, activated the Benediction Canticles, killed some dogs with the Plasma and Phosphor. Grav was not able to damage one of the grinders, E-Priests have been out of range, and the Knight Ran forward.

In his first turn he moved everything up, killed a Plasma Servitor and they ran (drove?) away with my Warlord. 1 big blob of dogs attacked my lancer, not able to hurt him, but he couldn't do anything. Blue Scribes sacrificed themself and summoned a Blood Thirster (Turn 1 unsure.png ). Ah, and of course he got an army wide 4++ on the Warpstorm table.

Turn 2 my Holy Requisitioner arrived and I activeted Benediction Cantlicle again. The plan was to kill the Grinders with Arc and maybe the Skullcanon with the Eradication Ray. It took all of my Breachers to barely kill 1 Grinder (4++) and the Tech Priest was not able to damage the Cannon. My Warlord kept running away... M9 isn't enough when facing Daemons I guess sad.png . 3 E-Priest managed to get in range and shoot at some dogs, but no 6es to hit and so in general very little damage. Grav Destroyers and Kastellans shot at the Bloodthirster and got him down to 2 wounds.

In his second turn, he summoned some dogs that attacked my Breachers straight away and killed them, Bloodthirster charged the Grav destroyers and killed them (down to 1 wound through Overwatch), dogs charged the 5 E-Priests and killed them, the Surviving Grinder charged the Kastellans and killed the Data Smith. My Lancer finally killed all of the Dogs, except of one furious.gif. His Knight tried to charge my Robots as well, but failed the charge distance.

Turn 3 I activated the Electromancer Canticle, Charged the Dogs with my remaining 5 E-Priests and killed just 3 of them (10 Shots, 5 HoW, 10 Electromancer hits... I wished for more dead doggys). My Warlord and Plasma Destroyers finally found their balls. Some Breachers charged the summoned dogs and killed some, but nothing special.

In his third turn he killed The Kastellans with his Grinder, my Warlord with his Dogs and Herald of Khorne, the Breachers with more summoned Dogs. All I had left was the Tech Preist from the holy Requisitioner and my Lancer, thats it and we called it a game.

I had 1 more point (First blood; 2 Tactical Objectives and Linebreaker. He had Warlord Kill, Linebreaker and 1 Objective). But he would have been able to grab objectives on the table as he wished since I had only 2 models left.

All in all:

Bad luck with Haywire and Grav against the Grinders

Bad luck with my Warlord running away

Bad rolls for my E-Priests

Lancer tied up by his Dogs

Lucky 4++ and Blood Thirster turn 1 Daemons

I think Plasma and Grav is amazing, but an army with loads of ++ saves is like the worst match up possible. And they are realy quite fragile. I possitioned them wrong without a cover safe they got easily killed by the grinders template.

Same for the Lancer. I had to block the Dogs, otherwise they would have killed my whole flank, but I thought from the beginning turn 3 will be the earliest to get him free.

I still like the Holy Requisitioner. If it would have been "normal AVs" instead of Daemons with 4++, they would easily have killed both of them (with Benediction Canticle). Realy reliable, and the isn't much the opponent can do to avoid it.

E Priests are realy hard to play. You need to keep them save from shooting, and you need to get the enemy in the 12" threat range. The dogs could easily cover this distance to kill the first squat.

I want to field the same list again against my brothers Marines, maybe that's a better matchup and I don't do that many mistakes since I know the units a little better now.

I too can report about the E-Priests. I had a buddy of mine over for the weekend and we played some games. My Ad Mech vs. his Orks.

I have nothing new on our more common units. My Neutron Onager did well, as did the Kataphrons. The Robot Maniple won against the Deff Dredd but he killed one of them and beat down the other to 1 wound remaining. Mind you this was the Deff Dread with only two CC weapons, not his 4 CC weapons. So he made about double the points he costs. 

About the E-Priests:

First match was small w/ 750 points. I took 13 Corpuscarii along with my Dominus, an Inquisitor w/ two Daemonblades and brain mines and a second Inquisitior w/ Rad and Psychotroke Grenades in a Land Raider Crusader.

It boiled down to my group facing 20 Stormboys with "the Boss", five Deffkoptas and five Tankbustas. 

...The Corpuscarii annihilated them. I rolled a lot of 6s for their shooting and killed half the Stormboys. I then failed the charge and the Stormboys charged my squad along with everythign else. The Psychotroke Grenades saved me as the Tankbustas had to hit their own squad. My Dominus was killed by the HoW of "The Boss" who has S8 and my Priests killed the Stormboys. After that I grinded down the rest of the units.

Second game 1500 same Squad on my side. They did nothing. Ork Warbikers are amazingly good with their twin-linked weapons. They just mowed down my E-Priests and in the end charged them. In fact, the squad performed so bad that I took the Fulgurite Priests for the last matchup. I lost that match btw, pretty badly even.

Last match was 1500 points. 10 Fulgurites with the Inquisitors in a Land Raider Redeemer. The Raider got charged by 10 Nob Bikers w/ Painboy and Warboss. They destroyed it and my Squad spilt out. On my turn I shot down about three Nobs and then charged the Squad. Using the Electromancer Canticle I got 2 hits per model, resulting in 14 hits (three Priests died to overwatch) plus 7 HoW for 21 hits which wounded on 4s because of the Rad Grenades (Grenade Inquisitor is extremely awesome). The Psychotroke Grenades kicked in and I got the result which let all my attacks hit automatically and the enemy has only 1 attack per model. I killed the squad easily and probably would have even without the Grenades because of my better initiative (most of the Nobs had power claws). After that the squad weathered a good amount of shooting with their improved 3++ save and killed 12 Stormboys, winning me the game.

It seems that the Fulgurites are better than the Corpuscarii when taken in an assault vehicle. Mathhammer is more on the side of the Corpuscarii because the Fulgurites can't shoot but the better strength of the Fulgurites seem to triumph their lack of shooting. I'll play some more games with the Fulgurites and report. 

Sadly no. Without an assault vehicle they would have perished to the Orks firepower and the Priests need their numbers to be effective in CC. :/ The Corpuscarii might do alright but the Fulgurites would have been way too slow in this match.

I played a game on saturday against Eldar Light (no wraith stuff, only two D scythes, still lots of psykers) and lost by one point (or tied if I counted first blood before or not)

Some things: My haywire and generally rolls to wounds were awful. I had two squads in rapid fire range against a wave serpeant turn 1 and it only barely died because of failed jink rolls. I wish we could re-roll wounds too, but that is just me.

Dont overextend when the opponent has almost everything coming in from reserve on a 2+. I had guys across the table turn 1 and when turn 2 came around my backfield was swarming with eldar and I had no way of fighting that. maybe keep some guys back a little to deal with things threatening your Onagers.

Skryerskull is almost mandatory for me, sadly. you mile may very.

I played a game on saturday against Eldar Light (no wraith stuff, only two D scythes, still lots of psykers) and lost by one point (or tied if I counted first blood before or not)

Some things: My haywire and generally rolls to wounds were awful. I had two squads in rapid fire range against a wave serpeant turn 1 and it only barely died because of failed jink rolls. I wish we could re-roll wounds too, but that is just me.

Dont overextend when the opponent has almost everything coming in from reserve on a 2+. I had guys across the table turn 1 and when turn 2 came around my backfield was swarming with eldar and I had no way of fighting that. maybe keep some guys back a little to deal with things threatening your Onagers.

Skryerskull is almost mandatory for me, sadly. you mile may very.

You do realize the Scryerskull does nothing for haywire, since those are not penetration rolls? You're on your own there, sadly.

Also renta-pod is no longer an option. Anyone try other options, like the Land Raider formation and just embark on turn 1?

Archived