Skitarii and Mechanicum HARD DATA review

Seathal

How did the Scryer Skull help out take out the Knight when you killed it with Haywire? You don't get re-rolls with arc rifles because you're not rolling to penetrate.

....Oh. I may have misread the rule then. Whoopsie daisy. I owe the guy two hull points then >.< That was sincerely my bad, as I thought you rerolled everything including the haywire chart.

Had another game yesterday, 1750 points Skit + a Knight Crusader (kept the Melter canon) against Ravenguard (huge alpha strike and crazy cover saves turn 1).

After turn 6 I won 15:13. He had just a speeder left. On my side about half the army was still standing.

Very quick:

5 Infiltrators performed absolutely great as always !

10 Plasma Vanguard (Warlord) as well. Had a bad position, but when they opened fire they completely killed the target

5 Arc Vanguard didn't do much, killed a few Marines here and there, but had no AVs in range

2 x 5 Arquebus Rangers killed some stuff here and there, but they are not reliable at all... Rangers with TA looked so nice on paper, now I have got the models so I will continue to field them :p

1 Dragoon is always a good investment for just 45 points

2 Neutron Onager performed fine, but had a hard time getting good targets. Still, very dangerous against AVs and Infantry

1 Icarus Onager (used the first time) killed 2 Stormraven by turn 3, so yeah, I am happy ;) . Had no targets after killing them.

1 Ironstrider everything I fired at jinked away. If I remember correct he killed only 1 Marine. Maybe I shot at the wrong stuff ?

Knight Crusader was a big fire magnet turn 1. Only this way my Onagers and Chicken-Walkers managed to stay alive for a long time. He also killed quit a lot of stuff during the game, but not as much as the 470 points I spent for him. Thermal Canon was not so bad, it is very likely to get AVs to eplode, but the Battle Canon still is the better option most of the time.

I have 1 question to the other Ad Mech players:

Has no one ever tried the Electro Priests ? I still have not seen a single review based on actual gaming experience.

Had a game last weekend with my admech against some blood angels with dante and librian conclave w/invisible. Small 1250 game.

Ran cohort cybernetica and a battle congration with domi +2x grav destroyers.

Cohirt cybernetica (2 fist/phos, 2 phos/phos, IWND, cognis): I must say I love these guys somethier fierce lol. erased a unit of scouts off the board eith shooting + a charge, while as taking out all of his invisble marines leaving his pykers vulnerable. In CC the datasmith are no joke they can get STR 10 very easy. So once I finally charged his invisible angels; they simply fisted for insta deaths even more so once I doubled my melee attacks. The bot unit took a few wounds, but by the end of the game healed up to full.

Kataphrons (grav): this unit of destroyers chilled on the right side of the board. They were out of range of his rhino of the first turn which sucked. Really they did nothing more than distract Dante when he deep struck in and milled them a.

2nd kataphron unit (grav) + domi: noe these guys were in range. Immbolized the rhino before it could move. Was as nice deploying them in hard cover and then rolling out to get a shot off. They also rolled devastatingly well with reroll 1's & 2's cantile. Took out Dante's unit in one impressive round of shooting. Great of those mindless boxs to avenge Dante's affronts to the omnissah.

Doing a 5000pt apocalypse team game tomorrow :) looking forward to trying out a 5000pt combined force of Mechanicum, Skitarri, Cult Mechanicus with a Knight warden and allied assassins. will let you know how I get on.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing a 5000pt apocalypse team game tomorrow smile.png looking forward to trying out a 5000pt combined force of Mechanicum, Skitarri, Cult Mechanicus with a Knight warden and allied assassins. will let you know how I get on.

Awesome! have fun and make sure you collect as much data as your cognitors will hold!

Okay, more hard data against Necrons at 1500p. Necrons had some special formation :cuss for 4+ RP and Fearless, and the centerpiece was a tesseract vault.

My army was 3x10 vanguard (2x with a plasma each, 1x with 3x arc and omnispex), 10 rangers (omnispex), 5 infiltrators, 1 neutron onager (2nd stubber), 3 grav destroyer, 3 plasma destroyer, 4 arc breacher, magos dominus.

We agreed on just trying to wipe out each other to try out stuff, as we didn't have the time to include the whole maelstrom stuff, warlord, whatever. I went first, so some suboptimal positioning came by the necron guy countering that. I'll cover the 3 "lanes", as they were mostly isolated from each other through bastion-sized terrain in the middle.

Lane 1:

Plasma vanguard scouted into cover, faced 4 destroyers (+lord) and a squad of immortals. Tried to kill the destroyers first round (immortals were still behind bastion), but rad carbine mostly failed due to armour save. Plasma always wounded reliably, but RP held. Return fire killed only one or two vanguard (cover), so no problem. Round 2, the infiltrators outflanked there and shot a destroyer, vanguard killed half the immortals. Return fire killed one infiltrator and 3 vanguard. Round 3, vanguard wiped out the immortals and the infiltrators charged the remaining destroyers. That CC held (with 0-1 wounds on the destroyers per round) until end of game, RP being the main reason. Vanguard went to lane 2 and shot the opponent's warlord-containing warrior squad.

Lane 2:

Destruction derby in the center. Magos + plasma destroyers always shot something, most times the RP was the problem though. Killed 4/6 jetbike thingies, 2W off a spider, and several guys of the necron warlord warrrior squad, especially when a phosphor shot came through. At 24" range, they had to shove around a bit to stay out of the worst fire, but could always shoot something. Magos repaired overheating damage, only lost one destroyer till the end due to incoming fire.

Vanguard with a plasma scouted to center terrain piece. Tackled one unit at a time, killing 2/6 jetbike thingies, a few immortals, until charged by scarabs. Overwatch killed the plasma gunner, but also a scarab base, enough to kill the remaining ones in CC. Shot and charged the remaining immortals, binding them for a round, then fleeing. The remaining vanguard regrouped, and snapshot-killed the 1W spider.

Neutron Onager didn't do anything with his big gun. Always hit stuff he was supposed to ID, but often failed to wound (the so-called "lascannon curse"), or RP negated it. On the upside, he mowed down lots of warriors and immortals with his stubbers, and drew the fire of the tesseract vault for 2 rounds without a scratch.

Downside to the tesseract vault fire, the 10" template killed half the arc breachers behind him in one shot, causing the rest to run off the board. These guys literally did nothing but force the vault to deploy at lane 3, instead of wiping out the center, which is not too shabby after all.

Lane 3:

Grav destroyers, arc vanguard (MVP), rangers facing 2x20 warriors and the tesseract vault. Grav destroyers always failed to glance the tesseract vault, killed a few warriors, died. Rangers scouted into cover, keeping the pressure on the one warrior squad that could close on the arc vanguard, and whittled them down (5++ by cryptek + RP held off a lot). Tesseract vault charged ahead to use 3/4 orb weapons on my 3 units. Arc vanguard scouted to center building and singlehandedly killed the vault in 3 shooting phases (2x long range, 1x rapid fire range). Keeping out of range, the vanguard could only be shot at by the vault, which killed all but the 3 arcs in 2 phases, so that was a close call. In the end, only one ranger survived, but warriors were down by ~12 models and the vault was gone.

Conclusion:

Plasma calivers aren't as useless/overcosted as many would say. Getting one per vanguard squad is okay, and with 3 rounds of rerolling ones with high BS, they were more than able to earn the points back. Increases damage output significantly until the last model dies, will do this more often in the future.

Vanguard luring units to the board edge, with infiltrators outflanking there works well. Lower enemy BS, close in, shoot them, bind the rest in CC. Lack of AP is a bummer though, the necron destroyers survived 6 rounds in CC, but at least didn't shoot stuff any more.

Neutron onager was underwhelming. Could kill anything with that gun, but mostly didn't. Optional stubber is mandatory in my opinion, and the data tether helped anchoring the vanguard. Phosphor blaster could have helped the plasma units to kill stuff, guess I'll try that next. And with the BS, the points per hit are only slightly higher than the Kastelan's (15% more expensive IIRC). But at least the laser was a backup, in case the vault still had one or two HP left.

Arc vanguard...with proper LoS-blocking terrain, and some distraction units, can wipe out superheavies. Was surprised at how long they survived, but that relied on terrain slowing the warriors down, and the rangers distracting them.

Plasma destroyers + magos is a really useful combo. Templates fly anywhere, but the sheer number of shots, combined with phosphor cover reduction every once in a while, gets the job done. Overheating was an issue, but not a permanent one. Saved the rerolling-to-shoot canticle for 2nd round, so the magos always had a wound to repair while shooting his volkite.

Rangers were solid. Not the mass-slaughterers they were against Tau, but the 30" range, cover reduction, AP4 and the rather psychological effect of precision shots, they made quite an impression. Definitely not bad.

The arcs scouted behind inaccessible LoS-blocking terrain, so all they did was to move across open ground, so MTC would have been useless in my situation. In case of any other skitarii squad (counting ranger&vanguard), MTC would have been useful if I wanted to go to 12" arc double tap range. Vanguard didn't, peak efficiency at 16" (every model can fire, important models are behind everyone else, no gauss double tap range), that was fine with regular movement. If arc needed to get closer, they would have run.

good to hear ArcGuard work well for other people too! Glad i'm not crazy! msn-wink.gif

Slight data thing for an apoc game, but may as well post it while i'm here. I ran mostly Iron Hands but decided to bring a knight because why not?

Apocalypse Data

Knight Errant: before the game I was going to run a paladin, but then I saw all the tanks my opponent began to bring out, so I decided to be cheaky and save 5 points and run an errant. I deployed him along a flank and ended up facing down a lord of skulls (18 inches away? it was close) I managed to get an explodes result on the Lord and take off 3 hull points with it's melta cannon before sacrificing an empty rhino to block the skulls charge for the first turn. It worked well as the lord failed to shoot the rhino to death and had to charge it before getting at the knight, but by that time we captured a macro cannon emplacement and had x2 BS1 strD templates to throw around. We targeted the lord of skulls and with that and another melta cannon hit we got it down to three hull points before I charged my errant in. Managed to get a hammer of wrath hit in and also managed to get two 6's on the D chart, overkilling the Lord! Knight died though but it was still epic. wub.png

Then they burned a strategy card and brought it back in next turn furious.gif blarg.

Anyways I think errants may be better for apoc. If there is not a lot of room to move then the melta cannon will hit multiple enemy targets for AP1 goodness, and there may be more high AV tanks then usual where a battle cannon won't do as much. a melta cannon can at least make things go BOOM!

anyways I eagerly await target locked's report on his apoc game.

• 2 weeks later...

As for Fulgurites, I have no idea how you can make them work. They don't have low ap weapons to make them dangerous enough against elite units and they dont have enough attacks to kill anything else. On top of this, they are just as expensive as Corpuscarii while being nowhere near as useful sad.png

After thinking about them they seem to be best either in the Electro-Priest formation or in a 20-man blob, the latter stinks cuz their box is a baaaad deal and way to pricey for what they are.

They definitely need an assault vehicle, and what I've found for transporting all 20, all I can find is the Storm Eagle and Spartan Assault Tank from FW. 20 can drown a unit in enough wounds and likely wipe out many units in one round of combat thanks to Zealot. The more you have the better your chances of that happening sooner and making them far more tough after getting that sweet 3++ save. Obviously this is more difficult against 2+ and 3+ armor saves and invulns.

Electro-priests make for cool wyrdvane psykers.

What a great idea!!!

Yeah I do t know the priest really just abuse the canticles. That's what they do. They are the cheapest bodies for litany; they live off stealth shrouded; +str lets you instadeath some folks. The only one that doesn't matter is refilling shooting, but they do let the rest of your army have easier access to T3 canticles.

Other than T3 canticle access and abuse; they don't do much.

So after playing with the formation all this week, I admit I HIGHLY underestimated the power of the war convocation. I didn't realize how well the canticles synergized with Skitarii, especially when the canticles are at tier 3. Stealth and shrouded turn 1 on dragoon lancers is gross. You should see the shock on people's faces when I tell them they have a 2+ cover save in the open. For extra hurt, place your knight behind the lancers and laugh your way across the board :lol: Also having free upgrades is amazing. It allows me to take upgrades I normally would not have taken. For example, I normally avoid taking cognis manipulators on my Onagers. Well since I started taking that free upgrade, I've killed more with the manipulator than with their shooting weapons!

Also, I'll add that after extensive testing, arquebi aren't bad. It definitely helps to have the scryer skull, and low expectations :p

I'm trying out torsion cannon breachers right now, and at this rate, I'll probaby pick up some fulgurite priests. This week has taught me that even our mediocre units can earn their place with the right canticles. It's also been really rewarding to run pure Admech without using allied transports as a crutch.

I had another game today... Cohort Cybernetica, Holy Requisitioner, 2x5 Plasma Vanguard, Infiltrators and Ruststalkers (not a very good list, but I just finished the Servitors for the HR formation and the Ruststalkers, so I wanted to try them).

My brother played SM with some free transports (3 Razorbacks and 5 Pods) and the Armoured Taskforce (not sure about the name).

It was the game where you draw new objectives for every mission marker you stand on, so no chance for me winning right from the beginning rolleyes.gif

The game was realy boring for both of us. Nothing spectacular was happening, he placed his pods on all the objectives and after turn 4 I gave up with 11:3 for the SM.

Even the 795 point cohort cybernetica had no target to shine like they normaly do...

New experience:

Holy Requisitioner was ok. They are pretty reliable in killing 1 or 2 vehicles you need to get rid of. With the Electromancer Canticle they had some fun in CC as well.

I will try them again, I think they can be pretty solid against the right opponent.

Ruststalkars Killed a Predator in CC and took 2 HP from a Razorback (and destroyed the TL heavy bolter). Then they got killed by some bolters...

Vanguard and Infiltrators have been good as always ! msn-wink.gif

Well, as I said, all in all it was pretty boring and I had no chance to try the new units the way I wished.

I had another game today... Cohort Cybernetica, Holy Requisitioner, 2x5 Plasma Vanguard, Infiltrators and Ruststalkers (not a very good list, but I just finished the Servitors for the HR formation and the Ruststalkers, so I wanted to try them).

My brother played SM with some free transports (3 Razorbacks and 5 Pods) and the Armoured Taskforce (not sure about the name).

It was the game where you draw new objectives for every mission marker you stand on, so no chance for me winning right from the beginning :rolleyes:

The game was realy boring for both of us. Nothing spectacular was happening, he placed his pods on all the objectives and after turn 4 I gave up with 11:3 for the SM.

Even the 795 point cohort cybernetica had no target to shine like they normaly do...

New experience:

Holy Requisitioner was ok. They are pretty reliable in killing 1 or 2 vehicles you need to get rid of. With the Electromancer Canticle they had some fun in CC as well.

I will try them again, I think they can be pretty solid against the right opponent.

Ruststalkars Killed a Predator in CC and took 2 HP from a Razorback (and destroyed the TL heavy bolter). Then they got killed by some bolters...

Vanguard and Infiltrators have been good as always ! ;)

Well, as I said, all in all it was pretty boring and I had no chance to try the new units the way I wished.

For your missions you should place objective markers such that they are to your advantage. Go my understanding each player places 3 of them. So you place them where either you want to be or where you want your enemy. If you place two kind of in the middle of the map. You should have no trouble multi-charging all squads on those objectives turn 1, and with out any of the electromancer you should kill them in one turn. This way he should be denied these objectives.

More hard data, ~1125p game against IG.

My units (roughly):

10 vanguard, 3x arc, omnispex

10 vanguard, 1x plasma

10 vanguard, 1x plasma

5 vanguard

10 rangers, omnispex

5 ruststalkers, dataspike

5 infiltrators

1 dragoon

1 onager (neutron, 2x stubber)

His units:

2 seperate Leman Russ (battlecannon)

1 techpriest

2 chimeras (infantry squads/veterans)

2 footslogger squads

1 flamer PCS

1 lascannon HWS

command squad, artillery officer

10 sniper hobbits

10 rough riders

Maelstrom mission drew as many cards as the turn number. Board was 3x2 plates, with short sides deployment. Lost the roll-off, had to go 2nd in the empty third of the board (outskirts of city), while he had more than enough cover. Everything not covered in buildings was plugged with LR and chimeras.

Deployment was a list of bad possible choices, going second out in the open, but at least I rolled the city fighting warlord trait. Planned for Scout to take my guys at least closer to buildings to block firing lines, but had to put my Infiltrators into a bad position (infiltrate before the hobbits, so those don't shut off my scouting). The first round was absolutely one-sided (LR wiped out 9/10 of a vanguard squad), but the farther the game went, the more it went in my favor. Reciting everything would be too much, so just the relevant parts/units:

-arc vanguard did its job halfways. took 2 points off a chimera, a lone plasma gunner (see LR one-shot) had to take the last one. Next chimera, again 2 points, the rangers had to glance it down at side armour. Spent the rest of the game killing the first chimera's infantry squad or running through the gaps

-plasma vanguard...one squad was all but wiped by a scattered LR battlecannon shot. Lone plasma gunner proceeded to capture an objective, took the last HP off a chimera, decimated the disembarking squad, and survived a ludicrous amount of firepower. The other squad decimated and pinned the flamer squad, those would have killed another squad otherwise. Killed a decimated infantry squad in CC, as Maelstrom made necessary. Having one plasma gunner definitely helped a few times, though AP2 was not as necessary this time as usual. Will continue this, arc is just pointless against terminators and stuff.

-5 man vanguard squad was useful. Just hopped through ruins, shooting anyone who dared to disembark. Lost most guys to a mined objective I had to hold, sarge died in a CC challenge after weathering a lot of fire. Not bad, having more than just a few big units, the MSU tax is not exactly big.

-Rangers hid in the back, with the warlord (didn't plan for this points level, at least he won't die). 30" range and MtC is great, glancing chimera side armour and removing any guardsmen (including the riders) incautious enough to draw LoS. Held 2 objectives when needed, so worth it.

-ruststalkers were, well, dead soon. The positioning/infiltrating/scouting game had them in a bad spot, and LoS blockers enabled the rough riders to close. Either I lose the rusties, infiltrators or arc vanguard to them, so I sacrificed those guys. Killed a few, then died. could have been worse, could have been better with any cover on my board side.

-infiltrators were amazing. Scouting had them get back into cover after blocking infiltrating hobbits, so they were reduced to shooting first. When able to do more, they took down most of the flank. Arc+plasma opened a chimera, infiltrators killed the squad in it. I hoped they would leave 1-2 models for a LR-killing multicharge, but flechette was too good. Then, after withering the entire remaining backfield (including LR, flamer PCS, and 2 lasgun squads), the lone princeps went on a murder rage. Poked dead the LR single-handedly (debuff aura works on ALL units, including vehicles, lowering the WS to 0), then the techpriest, then shot half the flamer squad from behind to remove the meltabomb sergeant (dragoon inbound). Died in the end, after singlehandedly surviving more firepower than my terminator squad ever does. Definitely a fun unit, and horribly effective with MtC warlord trait and enough ruins to get better cover.

-dragoon was great. Threat saturation with the onager forced the lascannon HWS to shoot at something else, round 2 it charged a LR and killed it, then sprinted past the enemy's line. Then it killed anything not hiding in buildings...half a flamer squad, fleeing veteran squad remains, fleeing hobbits. With nothing left to kill and nothing along the flank to ever kill him, definitely a damn good one.

-onager was great, just not at tank hunting. The big gun made all tanks keep out of LoS, so he killed other stuff across the board. The lascannon HWS was decimated to one model with one neutron shot (out of stubber range), the command squad followed suit (made a few cover saves against the laser, but stubber mowed down the rest), then decimated some guardsmen and hobbits, and occasionally occupied an objective. Having only one onager meant using cover instead of that sweet invul, but it only suffered a single Pen with Stunned when the lascannons were still a full squad.

The game ended after turn 6. My opponent had...*drumroll*...one command squad veteran left to fight, and a few hobbits fleeing towards my dragoon. Remaining units on my side, onager (2hp left), dragoon, 9 rangers, 2 vanguard, 6 arc vanguard.

As maelstrom cards increased with round number, I had a bad start, but harvested points like crazy in the end. Ended 20:9 in my favor, despite having a disastrous deployment situation. City Fighting warlord trait was the best that could happen to me, it really helped my mobility and enabled more cover-hugging for a 3+ while making it easier to get to good firing lanes.

Vanguard are crazy effective against guardsmen, and once the gunline has a few gaps, the ultra fast CC guys can really shine. Both LR would have required a lot more arc/plasma/neutron to kill, but were taken out each by a 35/45p model in a single charge. I'll definitely need more dragoons, at a hammernator's cost they have a great threat potential. Running it along the onager was fun too, all AT shots are either wasted on a low-point model instead of the Str10 murdercannonmachine, or they ignore the dragoon and let it poke apart something expensive, mindgames yay...

More Data for the Data stores! I played another 1,000 point game with my unbound skitarii in rhinos (I know about the flesh tearers detachment but choose not to use it) and this Time I used my brand new Onager I got for christmas! Thanks secret Santa!

So this time around I switched up some wargear, Making room for my 2nd onager. The list I took:

Tech Priest Dominus with Conversion Field

Skitarii Squad with plasma carbine, omnispex, and Conversion field Alpha in a Las/plas BA Razorback

x2 Skitarii Squad with 3 arc rifles, omnispex in a BA rhino

Dragoon With Taser Lance

Neutron Onager

Icarius Onager

Played a game against a very new to 7th ed Dark Eldar player, Big Guns Never Tire in a hammer and anvil style deployment. He had two Ravangers with Witches in them, A succubus, a Talos, a Venom and some jet bikes / Jump infantry. wayyyyy to much anti-infantry to play against the tanks.

Anyways onto the data!

Dominus and plasma skitarii: turn one the enemy destroyed my lascannon with an errant lance shot but I repaired the hull point next turn easily. Spent two turns plinking a few hull points off the Talos until it came over to open their ride up, with the dominus tanking most of the explosion. The Talos then proceeded to go into hulk mode and Tank everything I threw at it for two turns before it went down to a heavy stubber round of all things. Plasma, Volkite and Rads were ineffective in removing the last wound from the Talos. It charged the squad and they all died with the Domius barely surviving and running away, regrouping the next turn. All in all they didn't do a ton.

Arc Skitarii Squads: So arc Squad one did fairly okay. Because my opponent was new, I decided to take them out of the vehicle to kill his Warlord and three witches with combined fire, thus opening to an assault from another witch squad he had. They predictably got wiped out from the assault, getting ran down. Their rhino tank shock next turn to bunch up the witches. Next turn my other skitarii squad got out of their rhino to mow down the remaining witch squad. Final turn they walked up and killed the last two jump things he had on an objective with everything.  All in all they did fairly well. I think they even took a hull point or two off a ravanger.

Dragoon: Overall did nothing but was fairly funny. Turn one he charged some jet biker things and missed with everything due to being WS2, turn 2 he charged again and failed to do anything and turn three he died horribly. Still a fun unit to have.

Neutron Onager: He did fairly well. Turn 1 he shot at a ravanger that jinked the damage, Turn 2 he killed a bunch of Jump packers. Turn 3 he shot at the almost dead talos but it saved his FNP! Fourth turn he shot once more at the Talos and failed with his wound... but managed to finally kill the damn thing with his heavy stubber of all things. I know I should have shot at the talos every turn, but since he was new I decided to shoot at other things.

Icarus Onager: He was the Mvp of the show. his missile launcher took down Vehicles left and right, and he managed to stay alive the entire game. Really he is why I won I think. He just shredded vehicles left and right, and because of the ignores cover jink really didn't matter.

And that is really it! it was a great fun game and I am glad my brand new onager did so well, and that my Vanguard also kicked ass, Thanks for reading!

Had a throw down with Tau today, saddly no stormsurge as that would have me shaken in my boots:

1500pts:

Cohort Cybernetica (2x Fist/Phos, 2x Double Phosbots; IWND; Cognis; mask of the alpha dominus; Warlord eternal warrior trait) 800 points

CAD:

Tech priest Dominus Erraducatuib ray

Tech priest Dominus   Volkite

4 Grav-Destroyer (2x cognis flamers)

4 Grav-Destroyer (2x cognis flamers)

General Tau list: Went first; night fighting was in effect (Nearly useless for me)

Riptide with FNP, Invuln

10x Fire warriors

10x breachers in a ummm Devilfish???

3x broadsides all deployed separately

4 crsis suits

4-5 Crisis suits W/ Commander (maybe farsight)

2 units of 5 pathfinders

20 kroot with snipers

Best part of the game. There was this little dude in store came by the table before turn 1 started "wow how many guys did you lose?? Your getting wreck." Best part of the game right now by far.

Cohort Cybernetica:

Turn 1:  A robot and a Smith took a wound. Dominus healed the smith, and IWND fixed the robot. Robots took about half of moth pathfinder squads. Then Charged the Devil fish and it's deployed drones taking them out, but then all the breacher popped out right in front of the bots.

Turn 2: breachers, kroot, crisis suits, riptide, broad sides took out a robot and a smith. Robots  took out some fire warriors, finished off a fire warrior unit, charged and killed the breachers. Concolidated infront of the mountain where the fire warriors, 2 broad sides were perched. IWND healed 2 wounds, and dominus healed 1.

Turn 3: Look out sir and spread of the cohort  just got one robot to 1 wound, and the other two down to 2 wounds. I activated litany of the elctromancy. Cohort charged the fire warriors, a broad side, and the kroot. Litany killed the former, and some fist action caused the kroot to run, but the slipped through the bot's fingers. Consolidation tried to trap any fleeing kroot, and also cut off any escape roots for the crisis suit and the commander. IWND healed 2 more rounds, and the dominus healed a wound. 

Turn 4: So close to his commanded my bots were safe from riptide blast. Bots finished off the kroot and moved to cut off any paths of retreat for the suits. 1 IWND wound healed, domins failed to heal.

turn 5: The game was kinda over as i was up on points, and  he only had his riptide at 1 wound, and his suits & warlord corned, so he charged in and the robot gave the commander a death fitting the greater good.

TLDR Cohort: These guys cleaned house. Dominus paid for himself multiple times: 6 wounds healed by IWND, and 3 by the dominus himself. I believei gave him the ray, but really never used it. With the ability to move bots around it's tough to focus any of the models down, and the repairs can do some serious work to make this a tough unit to deal with. Took me a while, but i think i have the robot piloting down to where i don't often put them in dumb spots. that said the bot that did die was due to me not covering him with a data smith. Also Litany of the electromancy is ridiculous; Charging 3 units like that, and getting so many free wounds toward my combat resolution rocks. 

Gav destroyer and other two dominus: These guys did all the point scoring fiddling about on the other half of the map. They killed 2 broadsides, the other 4 crsis suits in turns 1 & 2, and got the riptide to 1 wound (with the help of a get's got roll). Lost a kataphron from each unit. Other than that they spent the other 2 or 3 turns  trying to get in range of stuff.

Dominus w/ kataphrons do great with messaging the wounds around to keep everyone a live. One of the kataphron units had 1 wound of it's three remaining bots, and the domi was also down to 1 at one point. 

Despite winning my last two games against him. I'm still 2 out of 5 against him haha Tau's tough as my grav struggle to get into range after taking out a target, He almost always goes first, and i'm still pretty new to 40k only started this summer. Either way he's always fun to play ^.^b; so thank you opponent for the great game!!

Since the Dominus with the Robots is so valuable, it may pay to invest the points in another datasmith to tank with instead of the Dominus. Keep the IWD healing machine safe as long as possible.

You know i've really been thinking that, and it lets you split fire with another bots with out sacing the dominus' shooting. I just worry that a bot will die before the smiths and then the whole unit is vulnerable as it drops to T4. I might try it out though. It depends i guess on if i could defend the pops against a pod alpha strike. If pods drop and focus down a bot then i'll be in big trouble.  I guess if i know thats a posibility i could  just bunch the bots up and surround with smith and domi.

Archived