I think I met a "that guy".

Pudelhund

I'm waiting for the day that chatting about female vs. male hobbyists has the same lack of implication as chatting about British vs. American hobbyists.

Don't get me started! Darned red coats are the worst!

I'm waiting for the day that chatting about female vs. male hobbyists has the same lack of implication as chatting about British vs. American hobbyists.

You did not just say that on the GUARD forum did you? The forum who's (un)official theme is Over the HIlls and Far Away - the theme song from Sharpe. Someone's asking for a Commissariat paddlin!

Edit: Just in case anyone misunderstands, I'm teasing Canadian_F_H about his use of redcoat on a forum with some prominent Sharpe fans :)

You did not just say that on the GUARD forum did you? The forum who's (un)official theme is Over the HIlls and Far Away - the theme song from Sharpe. Someone's asking for a Commissariat paddlin!

Haha! Gotta run that past the chaplain first!

In all seriousness, I doubt many have played both sides of the pond, I wonder how it compares.

Also, I'm a us citizen, Canadian citizen, and born in Scotland... So ...

Lol ... Blam ... And the meltas get applied to the thread!!!

I'm British and proud with plenty of hobby mates from across the pond. We're all in the same boat wanting to improve our hobby and let's leave it at that. ;)

@ SW1 - in case it's not clear yet, neither Canadian nor myself are being serious :).

In all seriousness, I doubt many have played both sides of the pond, I wonder how it compares.

Also, I'm a us citizen, Canadian citizen, and born in Scotland... So ...

I haven't played 40k with many Americans or Canadians, but I've played a ton of WM against Americans. To be honest, aside from the accents it's not much difference. Great community that interacts with each other a lot on both sides of the Atlantic. Same deal with the rest of Europe too - I've been to tournaments on the continent and met awesome Dutch, German and Belgiums who I stay in touch with.

I'd theorise that 40k is the same, nationality is largely irrelevant, it's the individual or community that makes the difference. Which is why no matter where you come from there's always That Guy ... and we've come full circle :p.

The Scarlet Sentinels would like a word with you...

While my wife has zero interest in the hobby, she likes board games like Firefly(trying to convince her to play Armada, fat chance but oh well). I have found on board game nights, the game store typically has a huge proportion of female players compared to everything else. I am not sure why this is. 

Stoff- Its funny you touch on that. I had a  girlfriend in the past who while she didn't play or even like going to the store or hearing about it, she loved painting my miniatures. She wouldn't touch human and space marines though, they were boring and normal. She liked orks, kroot and Nids and would paint away while I screwed around on my computer playing Evercrack. For not being a miniatures painter at all, or even having a background in art, she did some intuitively awesome work that at the time I didn't have the patience to even try and copy. She would only do one at a time, but did a kroot squad that while it was every color of the frikkin rainbow(yeah I should have paid more attention to what she was doing and given a little direction in schemes) each individual one was amazingly well done and detailed. She did rainbow beads, tattoos and even designs on the beaks, she knew nothing about them except they were bird guys with guns and she thought that was cool.

I friend of mine just broke up with his GF and she was big on Dark Eldar. We would have rather kept her and got rid of him but oh well. She only got into it because of him, but again, did really good work on very detailed stuff with no background in it. She at least kept to a color scheme. Even funnier she only bought or painted models she liked, so she was not exactly the most competitive player. "Why would I want another one of those? I already have one."(maybe she was on to something there.)

Even funnier she only bought or painted models she liked, so she was not exactly the most competitive player. "Why would I want another one of those? I already have one."(maybe she was on to something there.)

The answer to that question is that there is no such thing as too many Baneblades.

To be fair, I have the same approach - buy the pretty models and make them work on the table! I often end up prioritising painted models, especially recently finished ones, even if they're not really suitable for play. :)

Try to stay on topic guys... The Commissariat is watching with interest and any infringement will be met in the traditional way of a bolt shell to the back of the head.

Stay away from sexism, nationalism and generalisations. This started off with an interesting idea and is now beginning to go off in a tangent.

Edit: Just in case anyone misunderstands, I'm teasing Canadian_F_H about his use of redcoat on a forum with some prominent Sharpe fans smile.png

Just to say that the 95th Rifles where actually clad in green not red jackets ;)

Rifle Brigade (Prince Consort's Own)

Edit: Just in case anyone misunderstands, I'm teasing Canadian_F_H about his use of redcoat on a forum with some prominent Sharpe fans smile.png

Just to say that the 95th Rifles where actually clad in green not red jackets msn-wink.gif

Rifle Brigade (Prince Consort's

True, but the majority of the rank and file were redcoats, as were most of the officers encountered by the Chosen Men.

Archived