Dark Angels rumors. update: Codex leaks, pg 28

Dudes in the primary detachment you could take a relic dread haha

I'd also like to point out that you could build some crazy vehicle parks around that hammer of caliban.

2 tech marines

2 land raider crusader

2 predator Annihilators

1 predator destructor

3 vindicators

1450ish points of Absolute nonsense, you would just lay out everything. Toss in a minimum CAD with a librarian to twin link and you have a nasty nasty rolling cinder block. The issue with it really is getting your hands on that many tanks.

I'd also like to point out that you could build some crazy vehicle parks around that hammer of caliban.

2 tech marines

2 land raider crusader

2 predator Annihilators

1 predator destructor

3 vindicators

1450ish points of Absolute nonsense, you would just lay out everything. Toss in a minimum CAD with a librarian to twin link and you have a nasty nasty rolling cinder block. The issue with it really is getting your hands on that many tanks.

If the PFG still exists, that might be a legit build :D

Sorry to burst you're bubble, but Zeal and crusade is downstairs in the BT forum. :P

Upstairs you mean ;)

And no one does zeal better than us.

My god you guys had to wait till chyper surrendered himself. I know someone who caught him easily ;)

Jests apart, seems its turning out to be a cool release. Love the new cover. Half tempted to buy one xD.

Need to have a better look at the formations

Moral shenanigans and overwatch at an increased BS sounds good

The Ravenwing Command are already pretty brutal at overwatch with twin linked plasma talons, wonder how that stacks with stuff like invisibility (must shoot snap shots but DA are now snap shooting at BS2)?

2 tech marines

2 land raider crusader

2 predator Annihilators

1 predator destructor

3 vindicators

Why taking a CAD when you can several inner circle formations? :rolleyes:

I think we xan reasonably expect the Deathwing formation special rule to be ObSec. At least you will still be able to run a pure Deathwing army to 2500+. Hoping we still have a librarius conclave formation. Those Interromancy powers combined with a Deathwing alpha stike would be sweet!

So Sharphaecus is not Seraphicus, then?

Great now that's 2 models I'll never get their names spelled right!

Haven't caught up on all the internet reading yet.

Anyone heard of Chapter Master Zephons that is leading the 5th?

Wonder what's become of Balthasar? unsure.png

Maybe the model I'm painting just received a field promotion to Azrael instead of standing by as a 'counts as'.

Balthazar was/ is the CM of the 5th from the DV boxset  and I believe he got promoted from Deathwing just after Pandorax.

Makes much more sense if it's just this guys army.  I forgot it's all written with regards to a battle report.

Scan from French WD

If I am not wrong they talk about two additional detachments Deathwing Strike Force and Ravenwing Strike Force

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Dark%20angels/388177CB-365F-4820-B579-F4EA2FBE90E2.jpg

The formation listed here that everyone is seeing is from the White Dwarf and is our "greenwing" formation. There is / Will be a separate one for both Deathwing and Ravenwing. The models shown in the White Dwarf pages are one of the guys from the publications personal army organized into the new "greenwing" formation plus detachment examples. Most of these models were shown in a White Dwarf the last time the codex came out. I'm sure we will see much more in the way of examples of our other detachments in the next few days. 

Well, don't forget that the Primaris will come automatically if you roll on the entire tree (we don't know the other powers yet).

A morale test during the shooting phase is kinda meh, but don't forget if a Librarian casts this and ends up in a nearby combat (I'm not sure if it's a blessing for the librarian or a malediction), and wins the combat, you could be in pretty good shape.  Here's a scenario I could see:

Ezekiel and a banner bearing command squad charge, or are charged by a group of [insert enemy that isn't a space marine].  Ezekiel, hardly a slouch in close combat, inflicts 2 wounds while the command squad shrugs off the onslaught due to an apothecary.  The enemy loses combat by 4 (extra point for the banner, a sometimes forgotten rule, AND maybe there is a Darkshroud nearby).  Enemy is now rolling a LD-4 on a 3D6.  That's going to give you a far higher probability to sweep them than any other faction.

Higher probability of forcing them to retreat, Templars still have the best chance to sweep people :) 

Archived