== Martian Death Ray Club ==

Edit: Apologies - that image is huge. Anyway to shrink images from the gallery?

If you view your image in your gallery here on B&C (assuming it is from a gallery here) there should be an options button to the upper right, next to an upload button. Click it and choose the option to 'View all sizes'. Click that and you'll see your image with a variety of size options above it (Thumbnail, Small, Medium and Large plus the pixel size of each image noted below). The image you immediately see is automatically in the 'Medium' size on this screen. 

Clicking any option will update the image to that particular size and clicking any selected image takes you to the image URL (should be a white background). If you use the URL from here when you add an image to your post (using the image button) then that should, fingers crossed, be all you need. 

Edited by Olis

Oh so it's not only forward assist digging at Night Lords it's you now too.

Right.

I see how it is.

Y'all jealous of our terror squads.

:tongue.:

Er...

[cropped]

Oh wow, that's amaaazing !

Going in this vein, would anybody know why I've always imagined the effects of Volkite to ressemble that of spray cans on polystyrene ?

Going in this vein, would anybody know why I've always imagined the effects of Volkite to ressemble that of spray cans on polystyrene ?

Not really, no. I've imagined it a bit differently, tbh. :wink:

Ohh shiny

pic1.jpg

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/blog/blog.jsp?_requestid=36093792

Will of course be available for purchase early at WHF

Let the repeated stabbings commence!

Also I see we have Iron Man style chest-Volkite! This should definitely be MDRC approved!

Volkite incinerators according to the link.

What does a Volkite incinerator do?

IIRC it's a 1 attack S6 instant death weapon. 

Str6AP2 instant death in melee, yeah.

The issue is that you can only use it on infantry and you can only get a single WS4 attack with it. It's sort of a volkite death-hug. 

It just seems kinda superfluous past powerfists. What isn't infantry that won't be readily instant-deathed by str10?

Its a neat idea but kinda limited in scope. 

Edited by Flint13

*Mechanicum. AdMech won't be around for 10k years yet :D

I suppose it could be of use against other Mech players, but even then, only against Thallaxi or maybe Myrmidons. Even then powerfists are going to give you more attacks. The only advantage the Volkite has is that is isn't unwieldy

I wouldn't say Ap 2 instant death is a disadvantage

Under normal circumstances, no.

But you're trading like 3 str10ap2 attacks for a single str6ap2 that only works on infantry. Those str10 attacks will be enough to cause instant death on pretty much every infantry model that would be susceptible to the volkite death hug. Plus with T5 stuff like ogryns or other thallaxi, your powerfists wound more easily than the volkite and cause instant death. 

So disadvantage in general, no, since more options are rarely a bad thing. I just don't see it getting a lot of use. 

In that case i suppose It's niche is that rare circumstance that it has the potential something can deck the ursurax before it can strike? Didn't realise it was one or the other either as I'm not familiar with its rules so I yield to superior knowledge

Haha no worries dude.

Yeah essentially the Ursarax gives up all its other attacks (including charging) to make a single volkite death hug.

If it was a single extra str6ap2 then it would be freakin' phenoms.

gallery_80005_10591_13666.jpg

Just wondering if anyone else has seen these from Anvil Industry yet? Still waiting for a release, but I can imagine the top gun would make a reasonable volkite charger for the Veletaris storm section. What's even better is that it sounds like they come seperately so you should be able to build a squad of them.