Providence 4th Regiment - "The Atoned"

Feneras

(I started a new topic in WIP as Leviathus pointed out it was wrongly put in Hall of Honour (thanks!)

Greetings B&C !

This is my first post on this forum and my first army posted. I welcome advise and tips.

For a long time now Ive been wanting to create an Imperial Guard (Astra MIlitarum *cough*) army,

Last week I've finally decided to create one. 

Back story needs to be developed still, but its going to be an Inquisitorial acquisitioned army: The Providence 4th regiment. Also known as "the Atoned".

Providence is a hiveworld that rebelled a couple hundred years ago. The Imperial Guard crushed the rebellion and the Inquisition had purged the ruling houses. The Inquisition has remained a presence on the world to keep control over this valuable region of space. As a form of redemption and atonement the Inquisition took promising children from this world to train them to become shocktroopers for the local Lord Inquisitor to command.
The new ruling house (A loyalist in the rebellion) has stabilized the region in the last 250 years, although the debt still stays. The "atoned" sons of Providence are regarded to be example and beacon of redemption for the people of Providence. There is no greater honour than serving the Emperor.

It's work in progress, but ill post my finished models here. I have (badly) painted an eldar army before, and OK'ish painted Black Templar

This army is going to be my first attempt at some really decent work. So any tips are welcome ! Especially on the Colorscheme and paintingstyle!

first guardsman (Providence 4th Regiment)

3 guardsmen (Providence 4th Regiment)

*edit* language and stuff.

My first squad is almost completed, I like the work on the Vox. Flamer and two regular flashlight guardsmen to go.

Next is a Platoon command squad together with a commisar (plasma pistol). After that will be a defence force and ill get to work on a colourscheme for vehicles.

overview squad 1

Vox squad 1

sergeant squad 1

lighting on the photo´s is a bit bad. (click to enlarge ofcourse)

• 4 months later...

just finished my first heavy weapon team

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a445/Feneras/40k%20Providence%204th/20151105_081520_zpshq8xakss.jpg?1446710137444&1446710137981

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a445/Feneras/40k%20Providence%204th/20151105_081554_zpsucsu7z80.jpg?1446710137444&1446710137982

Archived