New guardsmen

Emprah2508

That is true Ulrik_Ironfist, but still they take quite a bit of space. To take one large foam and storage provider as an example. You can get two vendettas/valkyries in 4inches thick foam. Or six chimeras/leman russes in 3 inches. That's with wings detached too. Length and width is the same.

I was just trying to offer you a solution, I'll have to check my battlefoam case to see what I can come up with, as right now, my whole guard army fits in a couple of pistol cases, that's including the two flyers I have. It's a bit cramped and chaotic and it's a puzzle to get it all back in order but...

I'm in the process of buying a battlefoam case for the guard I'm building, as I've had good experience with them before.

Trying to plan in what I have right now and what I'm likely to get in the near future. It's looking like 2 flyers @4inches, or 6 tanks @3inches.

All boils down to being a threadhead or a.. what's the term for the airboys... airheads? ;p

I think I'll rather have 6 tanks and an inch than two flyers. Reckon about 16 vehicles, 72 troops and 12 sentinels/24 heavy weapon slots should do me alright in a 720. The smaller bag size would be great, but I think I'd have to go mostly troops.

I just checked, I could fit 2 valkyries/vendettas on one sheet of 3 inch pluck foam, that's wings attached. Without wings, I'm sure you could fit 3 of them on a single sheet, with room to spare for stowing the wings, 4 might be pushing it. I have 1x 4 inch sheet, and 2x 3 inch sheets in my 720. I'm Planning on getting a larger case to house all of my space wolves, so I can free up my 720 for my guard. I only need space for 2 more valks (sans wings) and a knight, plus space for my taurox primes and chimeras, as well as a couple of sheets for guardsmen. 

Yeah, that's definitely is space efficient but I think it can be done more efficiently. Try fitting everything you own into a family sedan. It can be done. It'll be some time before I can post pics of it, but when I can, I will.

What next week I should get my first imperial guard squad with the money I have been saving then I will ask for the CDF and dex for my birthday.

question, what should I loadout my guard as for a takes all army

Well, since you're going the CDF box route, you are probably going mech, am I correct? How many bodies do you have? How many tanks? I'd need to know what you have to work with in order to help you out.

How many guardsmen do you have?

How many Chimeras to you have?

How many Russes do you have?

Which Russ variants do you have?

What heavy weapons do you have?

Do you have platoons? or Vets? Both?

What other vehicles do you have to use?

What do you expect to see the most of in your opponents armies? Infantry? Vehicles? Heavy armor?

I understand that you want to run mechanized, but I need the info above to help you. I can give you all kinds of examples, but without knowing what you have to work with I can't help. 

You're shooting for 1000 pts or so right? 

When I get my squad next weekend and the CDF I will have a command squad, 30 guardsmen, 3 heavy weapons teams probably with u to cannons or missiles, a chimera with 2 Heavy bolters and a Leman russ (I don't know which variant I will go for)

Ok. I really like my veterans, so I'd probably do that, take a company command squad, with a master of ordnance, and 2 squads of veterans with special weapons (melta, is one favorite, but they need a transport to get around). I'd magnetize the Russ, but I prefer the battle tank, as it is the most versatile.

Another option is to make one squad of vets, and a platoon, with a Vanquisher or Battle Tank Commander. Put the heavy weapons team in the platoon, I like mortars, but missile launchers work well too, as well as any other of the weapons depending on what you want them to do, the missile launcher is the most versatile option. I'd also suggest magnetizing the chimera as well. The Multilaser is actually a really good option that you might want to consider. 

Multilaser is strength five ap - and heavy 3. I may be mistaken.

Multilaser is actually S6 AP6 Heavy 3. 

What are the stats of a multi laser

Also what special weapons should I give to the guardsmen.

Edited for typing errors

As for special weapons, for guardsmen I like flamers or grenade launchers for regular guardsmen, vets I like Plasma guns or Meltaguns.

Ok, now bear in mind, regular guardsman infantry squads only come in platoons, which means it has to be 1 Platoon command squad and 2 infantry squads minimum. That's one total troops choice, that leaves you 10 guardsmen left over which I would suggest as veterans as 1x 10 man vet squad is a single troops choice. This is something that folks new to guard seem to have trouble with, it's kind of written crappy in the codex so it's really no wonder. 

I forgot you only have the one russ. It's going to be difficult to set a nice list with what you have, you'd need a second leman russ to run a tank commander because he has to have a wingman.

if you can get a second leman russ I'd build a list that looks like this:

HQ

Tank Commander, Vanquisher, Battle tank wingman

Troops

1 Infantry platoon (Platoon Command Squad w/ 4 GL, 2 Infantry squads w/GL, heavy weapons squad with 3 mortars)

1 Veteran Squad with 3 meltaguns in chimera w/Multilaser and heavy bolter. 

That's a good place to start. If you can't get a second russ I'd do this:

HQ

Company command squad w/ 2 GL and missile launcher team

Troops

1 Veteran Squad w/ 3 Meltaguns, in chimera w/ multilaser and heavy bolter

1 Veteran Squad w/ 3 Plasma Guns and carapace armor and missile launcher team

1 Veteran Squad w/ 3 Plasma Guns and carapace armor and missile launcher team

Heavy Support 

1 Leman Russ battle tank

Personally I like the first list better, it's a bit more mobile, and your opponent will spend time chasing the mobile melta vets and trying to kill your command tanks. While you hammer him with mortars and capture objectives with the infantry squads.

Edited for typing errors

Do you have the IG codex? That would be a good thing to get.

It's up to you, though melta and plasma are the usual favorites.

Edited for typing errors

Do you have the IG codex? That would be a good thing to get.

It's up to you, though melta and plasma are the usual favorites.

I should be getting the CDF and codex on my birthday 25th of august

invest in an unbuilt leman russ, and magnetise it! it'll save you more money in the long run! msn-wink.gif

I completely agree with this. The Vanquisher would give you some long range anti-armor and a battletank would give you some good versatile firepower. That said, magnetize both the russ tanks.

Archived