New guardsmen

Emprah2508

Sentinels are so deliciously cheap too (coming from a GK point of view). I want to stay away from fliers because they are large models that eat up a ton of bag space. Real life transportation concerns impacting the game sad.png

But 3 squads of 3 armoured sentinels with a smattering of upgrades is currently looking like 400 points. 3 multi-lasers, 2 heavy flamers and 4 plasma cannons all told. 9 AV12/10/10 in an otherwise armoured list has to force the opponent to think twice.

Waste anti-tank on puny Sentinels, and eat volleys from the tank line? Or shoot the tank line and be harassed by Sentinels. Most people only bring so much AT (in my experience).

…now going double CAD… Would be nice if there was a formation for Sentinels (hint, hint GW). They totally missed the boat with a Dreadnought formation in the last SM book. I’d have done some pretty wicked things for that to be a thing.

I take two barebones armored sentinels (Multilasers, or maybe heavy flamers when I'm going up against Orks) because, until I get enough scratch to buy a few boxes of ogryn, sentinels are the only thing I can take for close combat support. They have tied up a full CSM squad for three or more turns once, with neither side doing any damage. They can be a good tar pit if you keep them out front, and your opponent chooses to ignore them with his AT.

I've looked at it and it looks to much like a hassle and at 14 it's not a major thing for me to have it magnetised

At least take a look at how the Russ turrets can be modified to accept all the barrels.  If you don't want/have the time to fully magnetize the the tank, maybe skip the dozer blade/removable sponsons/pintle guns/etc.

If you do decided to get magnets, the big name sites kind of overcharge for them.  I'd take a look at ebay for magnets.  $20 will get you around 50-100 of each size you need.  PM me if you need links the exact sellers I went thru.

I've looked at it and it looks to much like a hassle and at 14 it's not a major thing for me to have it magnetised

At least take a look at how the Russ turrets can be modified to accept all the barrels. If you don't want/have the time to fully magnetize the the tank, maybe skip the dozer blade/removable sponsons/pintle guns/etc.

If you do decided to get magnets, the big name sites kind of overcharge for them. I'd take a look at ebay for magnets. $20 will get you around 50-100 of each size you need. PM me if you need links the exact sellers I went thru.

Yeah the barrels don't need magnets but I found the tutorial on here confusing on where and what to cut

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... but I think you need to trim that part so the barrel can fit into the top turret piece.

gallery_62353_10053_29188.jpg

See that piece to the left, that normally attaches to the barrel, and the barrel goes into the piece on the right.

When making a swappable turret, you glue the left piece directly onto the right piece.

Then you need to trim the turrets so they can fit.

Example:

In the image below, you clean out that slot between the two orange lines, then the piece you glued to the turret slots into the channel you just made.

gallery_62353_10053_441.jpg

Again, I'm not 100% sure I'm right... I haven't got around to doing my tanks yet.

I think you could skip preparing all the different turret options, the main thing would be make sure you do not glue the top and bottom turret sections together.

And make sure you don't glue that piece above (the little piece on the left in image 1) to any of the barrels.

Archived