Crossover army Space Wolf-Imperial Guard

Feyralwolf

Ok, started a revised army list, though it still needs a few more passes.  I've decided to put 'commissar' back in, but replace them with Chaplain or something similar, no summary execution either.  That bit doesn't fit with my view of how this all should play out.

While I'm thinking on it, should I give them a landhold, some world that the Imperium doesn't know, but has grown over 10,000ish years to support this group?

If you think about it, in the Imperial Guard the Commissar performs a lot of the same duties as a chaplain in the real world military (except the summary execution, and command, Chaplains are staff officers. Case in point, if a chaplain and/or any of their staff, a bunch of E3's and I had been captured, I'd have been considered the one in charge, even though I was just an E4. I would have been the highest ranking line person there. Same case with medical personnel). I digress, So you're pretty much taking the commissar, and removing the summary execution rule. What are you going to replace it with? I think If you're going to do that, just take the priest and rename some stuff and make him your chaplain (rename him chaplain, and rename the hymns of battle to something else, like Motivating chants or something, you chose). The only reason I say that, is because other than the summary execution which forces a passed leadership, the only ability he has is that leadership tests are taken on his value. 

The priest seems like you could just re-fluff and use the same mechanics.

Archived