Has anybody ever ran an IG/AM infantry heavy army?

Two things I would do wit that mass of troops.

I would get another Platoon Command Squad for the extra orders and possible assault weapons too. 

Other thing would be to paint no more than 15 guys at a time in batches, maybe a squad at a time like Vel'Cona said. Otherwise it can get to be tedious and seem like it never ends. Little goals adding up to a bigger goal!

I did mine in batches, by squad. I'm not satisfied with the level of quality if I try to mass-spray and I find doing anything more than 10 at a time tends to burn me out fast. By doing a squad at a time, I can see the results build up incrementally and it bolsters me to keep going. Also, I stagger projects; I'll do a unit of infantry (which is tiring), then follow it up with a tank or character to refresh myself. But that's what works for me, you have to find your own style to get stuff done! happy.png

This is the way I have been working. First I was going model by model, doing about one every two evenings. I only have about 15 painted troops going this way.

I have a vet squad w/ 3 meltas I am working on now. I'm going color by color for these guys. Red BDUs on all, black armor and boots on all, etc. It's still going slowly but I do like seeing 10 guys come together at once.

I got a vallejo dropper equal to the citadel red I am using. Might try to spray the BDUs on a mass of guys to save the brush work on that part.

Two things I would do wit that mass of troops.

I would get another Platoon Command Squad for the extra orders and possible assault weapons too.

Other thing would be to paint no more than 15 guys at a time in batches, maybe a squad at a time like Vel'Cona said. Otherwise it can get to be tedious and seem like it never ends. Little goals adding up to a bigger goal!

The list I am working on for thursday is currently:

Commisar Yarrick

1x Platoon

-Command Squad - 1 heavy flamer 3 regular flamer

-5 squads - 5 lascannons

-40 Conscripts

-Ministorum Priest

Trying to figure out what to do for the rest of my build.

Models to juggle are:

3x leman russ (my opponent is cool with me running non-wysiwyg so I can do any loadout)

3x chimera

20 more infantry models (some plasma/some melta) (was thinking of two vet squads)

Creed

Sgt Kell

Sgt Harker

Inquisitor of some sort (with power armor or without)

Possibly might get two wyverns assembled in time

I have quite a few heavy weapon teams... maybe run some autocannons in the platoon as a HW team?

Was also thinking of a decked out Pask squadron

I think we are going to do 1500 pts.. my friend said build a list and he will build one with same point value

Archived