Please explain to me the Living Saint

I do not like to use the word Daemon here. But if a Neverborn can invade and control a human, who says that an angel could not do the same? What if some of those Saint were infused by that power and became a holy equivalent of a DP, like Miko said. Makes sort of sense.

Or maybe it hints at humanity having a native power that can only be brought out through adversity, that has nothing to do with The Warp, and nothing to do with The Emperor directly.

Perhaps Euphrati's powers - and the other Living Saints, and perhaps even the Sororitas - have inadvertantly tapped into this 'Power of Belief', much like the old ladies lifting cars off their grandchildren.

Perhaps its a power inherent to the human 'soul', 'aura' or 'ki' that so many religions describe.

Its a fascinating subject that I really wish we would be told more about.

The legion of the damned could also fall under this idea. Almost makes me want to make an angelic themed army.

So we have greater angels in the form of beings like Imperius, angel princes in the form of beings like Celestine and the Sanguinor (and the other living saints), possessed in the form of beings like Legion of the Damned and perhaps gifts/marks in the form of acts of faith? Plus we have a realm in the warp in the form of the Astronomicon. So apart from lacking any real lesser daemon right now (unless those fiery angels qualify? perhaps born from the devoured souls of the psykers sacrificed to the Emps), the Emperor/Starchild seems to have everything he/it needs to be considered a Warp God.

The question is, what are the implications of that?

If it weren't an idea that's probably been done to death, you now have me wanting to paint up an entire army based around one of the Archangels. I mean, I know Celestine and Seraphim conversions on this line are common but I'd want to do every squad this way somehow.

Hmm...

Well, I am also toying with the idea of using the Daemon Codex to do that. For example a Bloodthirster would be the Arch Angel or Valor riding on a big celeatial dragon. Being born of the Warp, the same rule-set would apply, no?

Heretical, but it has potential.

Rather than a dragon, a gryphon or hippogryph or perhaps a lamasu would feel more appropriate - The Emperor is well known for slaying dragons.

Or a giant eagle. Maybe even two-headed, like the Aquila. Having said that, I prefer faithful mortals being led by a Saint rather than a full army of angels. It makes for a better narrative, a real struggle, uncertainty about death and how faith can overcome all odds. How the choice between good and evil matters and how you fee overwhelmed with the darkness and yet hold on to your faith in the darkest hours and press onwards to glorious victory. How a man strives to reach the absolution of an angel without being able to reach it. Much more engaging and beautiful than fielding an army of flawless angels, don't you think? ;)

I am all for the two headed eagle idea though, that should crop up somewhere.
I would think it would be a fun army to play, and probably should use the daemon rules, unless someone wants to write a homebrew ruleset for it (I am a bit busy now, but come back to me in a few months if interested in the latter.

Technically, you could just take the rules and change names. Khorne is Valor, Tzeentch is Wisdom, Slaanesh is Hope, and Nurgle is... I don't know. Justice?

Either way, given their origin, their capabilities are similar. What will differ is looks, agenda and their nature. But those have little to do with actual rules and more with how you present it.

Much like the Primarchs mirror certainly qualities of the Emperor, so would his Angels do, but to far greater degree. So you could basically take whatever quality you desire, or a mix of qualities, and use the rules that you think would mirror this particular host the best. I do not think that the Emperor is so limited that we can only attribute four major types of angels to him. I will also depend on what the purpose of that particular angel would be. Delivering a message? Counseling? Judging? Healing? Destroying? It will b safe to assume that everyone of us has his own combination in mind and that we would be all equally right.

Yeah. In due time it might happen. I am currently working on an army that is somewhat based on this idea of divine being in 40k, although I focus on faithful mortals. I am split about what faction to use as primary, a SM faction (probably DA or possibly GK) or SoB.

While SoB sounds super appealing for several reasons, I find it a bit risky to invest in them at this point. Either they get squatted, rolled into another book or get updated. Either way, a lot of changed would happen. A lot of conversion work and money would potentiallg go down the drain both ways.

Hmmmmmm... Decisions. I dislike those at times :D

Archived