++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - August ++

Kor'Vesh

Just a brief update.

Got the armour mostly done. Not particularly happy as I like to fo it all at once, but with work I have been doing it in stops and starts. Means I cant keep the transitions between highlights and paint thickness consistent, which is annoying and looks messy.

Will try some tidy up work and move on to the skin next. After that I need to work out a camo schemes etc... And get transferred to 32mm bases

20150806 214808

If you are wondering why they do not look especially wolfy, I am leaving all the wolftastic wolfy bits of wolfness off, as I want to see what kind of aesthetic FW come up with for Heresy Wolves, so I can unify the force. Its also allowing me to focus on the paint too.

Hope you like, any ideas, let me know because I will need to do pack markings an the like.

I, Rage of Khorne, Pledge for the month of August:

• One Warsmith of the Iron Warriors
  • One Squad of 10 Iron warriors
  • One Basilisk of the Iron Warriors

If I finish a bunch of scenery does that count? I need me some cities for my Iron warriors to fight in.

I Kriegriss recently returned from the evil madness that is the AoS starter box pledge 10 marines from this lot for the glorious VII.

please excuse the little bit of yellow its just extra paint from my ETL vows i didn't want to just throw away out of my airbrush hope that is ok Mr. Vesh lemme know ill just paint the others if i have to.

we'll see if i paint the other 10 this month or next 

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j9/DBH_Hamilton/Mobile%20Uploads/20150704_150345_zpssu8vbvnd.jpg

On behalf of Vidius, Dantay, Dantioch and myself, I claim Page 2 of this thread for Scotland!

I, StruManChu, having finally had a chance to look through my bits boxes and figure out what I can actually build, do solemnly vow to complete before the end of August -

5 x Iron Hands Tactical Marines

1 x Calas Typhon

gallery_67188_10431_109753.jpg

Slightly annoyed about Typhon, because I'd packed him up for the move and then forgotten about him completely, so I could have very easily got him done for ETL. Not that it would've made much difference to our score, but still! Points!

Anyway. I played my first game in nearly four years, and first ever Horus Heresy game last night, and won! My shooty, tanky Fists vs. Gal Vorbak/Psyker-heavy Word Bearers at 1.5k points. If he hadn't have detonated a Life-Eater bomb in mysterious terrain before the game had even started, killing three of his Gal Vorbak, it might have gone differently, but hey, you've gotta take what you can get!

Any ideas what camo scheme I should go with. I tried urban but the grey's got messy fast.

I know that is kinda the idea with camo, but nah... Looked like a 3 year old drooled paint all over them.

So yeah any ideas?

20150809 185250[1]

20150809 185234[1]

Well trying camo was interesting.

I know it is supposed to lend into the background or hide the model, but still .... when you paint for things to look cool, you really need to shift your headspace.

Anyways, hope you like. Tried dabbing, but with so many curves and creases, it just didnt look right and I couldnt control the dabbing.

The tiger stripes were not too bad, but hard to get across on some of the modes as the cloak is barely there,

So I tried digital camo, which didnt work too well, but with a bit of dabbing, I hope looks like camo.

Went with Fang and white, over Administratum grey. Looks more naval than arctic, urban, but it will do, plus I am hoping the Fang will tie them to the Wolves of the future.

20150811 052218

20150811 052240

20150811 052244

20150811 052257

20150811 052318

20150811 052333

20150811 052349

20150811 052415

20150811 052433

20150811 052447

20150811 052132

Let me know what you think!!

Im in like a building/painting rut right now. :( I have sigismund to loom forward to be the anxiety of not doing him justice is eating at me...

I might pledge something we'll see.

Just a little update still a lot of work to be done but i think i will get them done this month. No worries slips i think a lot of us are a little burnt out after the ETL  i envy you're possession of a Sigismund i think after i finish all my tacs i will make a a legion dreadnaught talon with three dreads in it to take a break from forge world prices. 

but anyways yes the update like i said still very work in progress but tell me what you think.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j9/DBH_Hamilton/Mobile%20Uploads/20150814_090045_zpsf36h3fx4.jpg

So I have been busy. This is what I have so far.

gallery_72636_11113_444270.jpg

I'm not going to lie. I still have a few minor details to finish on these but I have a tournament to be ready for on Saturday.

So I still have a Rhino, 10 Tactical Marines and a Praetor on Jetbike to finish by Saturday. Wish me luck!

Dantay - nice work on the space wolves. - I think the camp was the only way you could go, and it looks great.

Kriegrriss - nice update. I wish I could find the time to turn out ten men at a time. I paint 3 guys at once on a good painting session!

Well guys this month is pretty quiet...

Now I know I promised to stockpile resin for etl but these fire raptors won't stop calling out to be painted

Yeah, it's just been quiter in here the past 3 months. No particular reason, but the quality remains stunning as ever. Would love to se your fire raptors in here Kurama!

Iron without - that is some stunning work! Great speed and awesome quality. Can we get some close ups please?

My little thallax is nearly done... Hopefully a picture or two soon!

Kurama - Cheers. Part of me can't believe I'm painting yellow this fast but I seem to have gotten into a routine.

Kor'Vesh - thanks a lot I'm really pleased with them! Once I've finished the rest for this month and finished the last bits of touching up on them I can post individual pics if that's ok? I think I'm going to start a WiP thread to be honest. I'm closing on 5000 points to get done so would be good to document it. Plus I'm notorious for losing games so some battle reports thrown in for good measure.

Love this thread it's has some seriously nice work in.

Archived