Well, Gwalchavad was a Muggle, but he lost cut off the ties of the warp and became a pariah^^

For the combat, heavy range is okay, but he is close combat as well. specialty boom with his guns, and smash with his fists (tonfas^^)

If combat is inevietable.

What abaout the 3 fraction thing. would love to be on the side of the rebells who are neither for the emperor or chaos

I like this alot, Alexos would be part of chaos, but still, I see a few legions that are still undecided ish

Quick clarification, it's ideally 1 combat mastery and 1 non-combat role. I will update the list, once I can type with both hands.

Now, I have placed more thought on the 3 fractions, even if I haven't created it yet. The Jade General will be part of it. As of now, I'm seeing it as the Primarchs who want genetic manipulation, but want nothing to do with Chaos. So, they might start with the Chaos Traitors, but split as soon as Alexos reveals his true allegiances. We can call them the Gene-Rebels or the Revolutionaries for now.

Squig, I'm open to having depth's legion be missing if he's okay with it. 

At a festival atm, cant elaborate on my ideas. Will just say that my legion is very Anti-Xenos, Pro-Humanity and very much against any deviant genetic modification.

But making the basic human form for resilient and efficient? Totally down for that!

I nominate Alex as head of the traitors, if he's swinging that way. I imagine he'd be a different kind of leader - regretful about the division, rather than relishing in it. Needs must, and all that. Like Ozymandias in Watchmen.

Wait, Travier or VonSalim?

Warmaster? Well Alexandros, Alexos, or Yucahu. Alexandros definitely can manage his seventeen brothers, his gift helping but not able to see the corruption on time. With Alexos we have the classic "warmaster who falls to chaos", which personally I prefer to venturing into the unknown; plus he's his own Lorgar. I see Yucahu as Dorn-like individual, but far more mobile, and thus unfit for the role of Custodian.

Kozja's definitely part of the Revolutionaries, regarding Chaos as a weakling's solution and inevitably corrupting goals that may once have been noble.

Ill vote for Alex since I helped fleshing him out. No bias at all....

For Arch Loyalist, will see how my own ideas develop. Might fit the bill.

Sorry for double posting, but Squig, I had an idea for Azus. Alex is an expert at fighting insanity, and he could be a stabilizing influence on Azus. Azus gets to be an active member, and, if during a dramatic point, Azus went too long without treatment during a galactic civil war....

I want to take my legion more down the path of the Night Lords, in a way. The want nothing to do with chaos or the revolutionaries, merely wanting to get at the Emperors throat for abandoning them and letting them fight his crusade in a dark corner of the galaxy. The eventually slink off, creating a new "Imperium" in the Eastern Fringe, in the view of how Jackel felt it should be ruled. They briefly turn on the Revolutionaries, horrified by the "Improvements" they are making on their bodies, before fleeing to where they now reside.

Also, to Hesh's point on Aquatic and Naval combat, my Legions homeworld is an Ocean Planet so mine would definitely be either masters or very good at performing under such situations.

I can easily drop Mearann and the Scions of the Abyss for Slips's Legion. The scions are much less fleshed out anyway.

It's for depth's legion, but thanks for giving him the option, Grift. 

You still up for this brand of insanity, depth? Pool's open.

Sorry for double posting, but Squig, I had an idea for Azus. Alex is an expert at fighting insanity, and he could be a stabilizing influence on Azus. Azus gets to be an active member, and, if during a dramatic point, Azus went too long without treatment during a galactic civil war....

That sounds good.  Since the insanity is only latent in the geneseed and it takes the primus medicae's meddling to introduce it, I had also been pondering a universe where Azus does not go nutty, instead there is a dark angels style split with the followers of the medicae turning to the revolutionaries.  Just a thought, and I'm easy as to which way they go.

Koschei, I feel, could be filed under any of the factions:

Loyalist:  No spark that turns him

Chaos:  Turned by promises of an ideal life

Gene-heretics:  Improvement is the only path to utopia

Also, to Hesh's point on Aquatic and Naval combat, my Legions homeworld is an Ocean Planet so mine would definitely be either masters or very good at performing under such situations.

Completely missed that!

Perhaps your guys could be the Paragons, and mind could be the "wannabes" attempting to get there. A Gas Giant could be an interesting planet for my Primarch (hence the 3D combat emphasis outside of Deep Pressure). Be interesting to see if we could come up with some ideas for underwater combat?

I vote for Icarion or Alexandros.

Also, a small thing about Hectarion. While uniting his homeworld, he fought a bloodthirster which, while he banished it, left a part itself in his mind. While the Emperor managed to heal the worst of the damage and drive out most of it, there's a tiny bit left in Hectarion. Its like this little voice at the back of his mind telling him to give in to his anger. This is one of the reasons Hectarion is loyal to the Emperor, as, like Sanguinius in the standard timeline, he feels that he's deeply flawed somehow and that therefore he has the most to prove to the Emperor.

Completely missed that!

Perhaps your guys could be the Paragons, and mind could be the "wannabes" attempting to get there. A Gas Giant could be an interesting planet for my Primarch (hence the 3D combat emphasis outside of Deep Pressure). Be interesting to see if we could come up with some ideas for underwater combat?

Ohh thatd be cool; legions who are masters at 3d combat! Consequently making them masters of Zero-G void combat

Id have a preference for Pionus to be found a bit earlier so that he has more time to establish his Legions identity and such.

So far, the votes...

UPDATED AT 8 AM EST

For Warmaster: 

Icarion - 7

Alexandros - 7

Raktra - 2

Alexos - 1

Yuchau - 1

Daer'dd - 2

Hectarion - 2

For being earlier in the Timeline -

Alexandros

Jackel

Pionus

Daer'dd

For being later in the Timeline -

Raktra

Jade General

Edited by simison

One Question:

Gwalchavad and the Wardens of Light have nothing to do with Chaos, as pariahs, it is very difficult to corrupt them at all.

But he is old, I mean, at the time he was found he allready lived about 10000 years under men and he is not a fan of mankind either, so which faction should he belong to. The gene enhancers? Is it too late to change sides and return to the empire? Makes more sense, because in all his experience, maybe the order of the empire could help, bring peace to the universe, diplomatic relations with xenos.So either peace by the empire, or every human has to be annhilated to bring peace.

Ahh, and I vote for Icarion.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Mikhal, and to anyone else not sure about which faction their boys should go to, I say this: don't worry about it. I'm actually happy that we have some indecision because this gives the story more breathing room and allows it to grow organically. We can figure out faction loyalties as the story goes on. 

Also, Raktra, what was your vote for Warmaster? 

Final update before bed:

One shift from canon is how the Emperor handles Chaos. As I understand it, in the first edition/RT-era, the Emperor didn't try to hide Chaos' true nature from the Imperium and made it one of his explicit goals to eliminate them. Then came the retcon and the lore we're all familiar with. I wish to hit a more middle ground to help out story. The Emperor will be more honest about the nature of Chaos, admitting that there are intelligent, malevolent beings in the Warp that feed off superstition and 'religion'. However, he will still not admit the existence of the 4 chaos gods and how powerful they are, and will still over-react to any mentions of religious practice (hence Alexos' torture). 

This will remove the original issue that forced Alexandros to leave, and will give Hectarion a badge of honor for surviving his fight with the Bloodthirster. 

AO108, still not sure if Alexis is the Arch-Traitor, but I do know this. He will strike one of the most important blows in the Civil War. Since he is a Psyker and will be 'blessed' by the gods, he will be the one who destroys the wards surrounding the Webway Gate and pinning the Emperor to the Golden Throne. Icarion may be more powerful psyker, but he specializes solely in Divination. 

Now, my votes for Warmaster - Icarion, Daer'dd Niimkiika, and Hectarion. 

Yes, I didn't vote for Alex because I know that he wouldn't want the post. (Which makes the writer in me to vote for him because I'd get to laugh at his surprise!) But, I'll stay true to his character, and he would not vote for himself because he feels like he can be most effective working from behind the Throne.

Of course, if y'all want to inflict that particular brand of ironic misery on him, go right ahead.