Abhuman/Mutant Sympathiser Ordo?

As we all know, the Ordo Hereticus despises mutants and to a degree, would probably eradicate all abhumans if given half the chance. However, what classification would an Inquisitor have if it supported abhumans/mutants and regularly used them?

Would we be looking at a radical Ordo Hereticus branch, or something else?

I would say that would fall under radical Malleus nearly as I believe most mutational abnormalities are seen as from Chaos.

If it was someone from Hereticus then I'm presuming it would be an over the top Radical Puritan who believes that only by basking in his divine light and finding end in battle will they be absolved for the sin of existing as such a mockery to humanities form.

It sounds like this idea would be under the purview of the Church rather than the Inquisition. What would an Inquisitor need with abhumans or mutants, the dregs of society? This is where the Church would step in, grab them up, and use them until they die, finally absolving themselves in the eyes of our Emperor. Not saying there isn't some bleeding heart Inquisitor out there, but most would not waste their time with these things.

Remember: the Inquisition is not hard-and-fast partitioned into the separate orders. An Inquisitor is free to move about the Major Ordos as he/she pleases with the only allegiance the time spent in each "division". Could there be a Minor Ordo dealing with abhumans? There's an Ordo dealing with watching paperwork so anything is possible. It just seems the Church would already be doing it and probably better.

I would say that would fall under radical Malleus nearly as I believe most mutational abnormalities are seen as from Chaos.

If it was someone from Hereticus then I'm presuming it would be an over the top Radical Puritan who believes that only by basking in his divine light and finding end in battle will they be absolved for the sin of existing as such a mockery to humanities form.

So radical Malleus for using unsanctioned adhumans/mutants?

The radical puritan Hereticus for using them to die at the right time and in the right way?

It sounds like this idea would be under the purview of the Church rather than the Inquisition. What would an Inquisitor need with abhumans or mutants, the dregs of society? This is where the Church would step in, grab them up, and use them until they die, finally absolving themselves in the eyes of our Emperor. Not saying there isn't some bleeding heart Inquisitor out there, but most would not waste their time with these things.

Remember: the Inquisition is not hard-and-fast partitioned into the separate orders. An Inquisitor is free to move about the Major Ordos as he/she pleases with the only allegiance the time spent in each "division". Could there be a Minor Ordo dealing with abhumans? There's an Ordo dealing with watching paperwork so anything is possible. It just seems the Church would already be doing it and probably better.

If they would come under the arm of the church to absolve themselves in the eyes of the Emperor, what Ordo would govern the church's movements? And yes, I could make an Ordo up...

I think its even simpler, just a matter of how radical the Inquisitor is if even that. Even among ideological peers there's still going to be plenty of different opinions. That's what's so great about the Inquisition. Maybe you won't have whole groups dedicated to something or of the same opinion, maybe you will. You'll definitely be able to find at least on Inquisitor that thinks that way though ;)

For spying helping the Ecclesiarchy, Hereticus is what you want :)

Inquisitors will use whatever they can, if he just lost his retinue in a war well then he will take what he can get, especially a Hereticus inquisitor who feels that he can give them absolution either by his own hand or by them serving him. I actually like the idea a lot. They march in with zealots and flagellants, an army of underdogs and abhumans, seeking to absolve themselves before the Emperor by acting as a living meat shield for the inquisitor

Inquisitors in essence are a law onto themselves, they have total authority and answer only to their peers.

However it does not mean they are a force for good, if memory serves the Relictors chapter of space marine were know for using artifacts of chaos against chaos itself and had an inquisitor encouraging them to do so, unfortunatly he also stole all the artifacts for himself and had them declared traitors which saw a large number of them wiped out.

Mutants are frowned on but truely the thing most tend to agress on is no chaos, only radicals do that, ordo xenos however use any abhumans, alien tech or whatever they can find/ aquire.

Most inquisitorial henchmen however have something that makes them valuble tools to their master, often being a regular run of the mill human with no skill will not do it unless desperate.

I would say:

Xanthite Inquisitors

Or

Xenon Hybris Inquisitors

Both are Radical Inquisition Factions

Edit - Inquisitor Elena Kholettis of the Ordo Hereticus makes the case for using Abhumans and Mutants in Fantasy Flight Game's Dark Heresy - The Radical's Handbook - pg. 33

• 4 weeks later...

As well as the main Ordos there are various minor Ordos as well that are more specialized so yeah it would be relatively easy to come up with a new Ordo to explain your idea. 

The dark heresy books especially the radicals handbook and a few others are ideal for inspiration and ideas.

Archived